Demonic swears

Okay, so more demonic cursing. I got a lecture from a friend for frivolously launching destructive spirits at people. First at a petty argument (not going to try and put some meaning to this, I wanted to test the curse and he annoyed me) the second at a bus driver for his little power trip. I have the incantation memorized and I always have my talisman on me. So here is my question: What do you consider it going to far? (Personally I don’t really think about it)

Getting into black magick, personal ethics are something we all have to figure out for ourselves, because one person’s choices might look either sappy or psychopathic to another.

So, I think you need to know who you are, what your values are, etc., and then decide from there.

It’s my personal belief a lot of people react harshly back to the world once it’s treated them badly, and that this represents a form of doglike training in which the slave mindset persists, only with the former slave promoted to overseer, but that’s just me, and I do use baneful magick so I’m not acting like some kind of saint or anything.

I guess, just be careful it’s the REAL you wanting to curse people for minor offences, and not a temporary reaction to discovering that you do have power now, that you might regret later on. That will undermine you far more than your nose being put out of joint because some harassed person in their working day didn’t kiss your ass! :wink:

Also, read about some boybands and reality stars who become ego maniacs the moment they have the power to dictate to other people, IMO it’s not a good look, but whatever. Like I said, it’s a personal judgement call.

[quote=“Lady Eva, post:2, topic:7389”]Getting into black magick, personal ethics are something we all have to figure out for ourselves, because one person’s choices might look either sappy or psychopathic to another.

So, I think you need to know who you are, what your values are, etc., and then decide from there.

It’s my personal belief a lot of people react harshly back to the world once it’s treated them badly, and that this represents a form of doglike training in which the slave mindset persists, only with the former slave promoted to overseer, but that’s just me, and I do use baneful magick so I’m not acting like some kind of saint or anything.

I guess, just be careful it’s the REAL you wanting to curse people for minor offences, and not a temporary reaction to discovering that you do have power now, that you might regret later on. That will undermine you far more than your nose being put out of joint because some harassed person in their working day didn’t kiss your ass! :wink:

Also, read about some boybands and reality stars who become ego maniacs the moment they have the power to dictate to other people, IMO it’s not a good look, but whatever. Like I said, it’s a personal judgement call.[/quote]

I feel like my problem is that I was picked on hard core growing up. Abused and beaten down on everything and made to feel helpless and powerless. Now I have more power in my hands than a loaded gun and I have been throwing curses left and right. The main curse though, was this one that I threw at a guy who accused me of stealing from his store because I knew more than he and his new age hippie sister and they wanted to pretend to be master witches with minimal actual knowledge. So after multiple chances I just dropped the hammer on him…

In my own opinion, if you continue that pattern by becoming like the people who picked on you just because they could, you’re thanking them - you’re saying, they were right, they’ve trained you up good in a value system that you wish to perpetuate.

It reminds me of the situation described by this quote, which Claidheam on here sent me a while ago:

“The dearest ambition of a slave is not liberty but to have a slave of his own.” - The Book of the Thousand Nights and a Night

I had to confront this in myself when I was younger, I was also bullied and had various abuses of power, no-one’s experience is ever comparable of course but that was the issue for me - to say this is right, I like it, thank you for teaching me, I will turn my personality over into your image - or stand against it.

None of which amounts to pulling my fangs when it comes to self-defence or occasional, erm, editing of the people in my world, but it does mean I didn’t become the people I had so despised and hated.