Deleting topic

I wouldn’t worry about too much, just move on and create another topic.

1 Like

This is getting tiresome. Why must some people continuously pretend to be LHP when they are clearly not? Just be honest with what you are, flaggers.

2 Likes

If it was distributing copyrighted material that’s why it was shut down.
The forum owner can be held liable for the losses incurred by artists,publishers etc.

1 Like

There was no distribution of said materials nor the posting of PDF files or links.

2 Likes

Well I didn’t see it, you alluded to theft, and publishers so I assumed.
Right or wrong, stealing is shitty.
Why should you be able to take what someone else put time and effort into getting?

I closed it because some posts in it could be seen as being rationalisations for why piracy is kind of okay - now, I’m sure most of us have a few dodgy downloads of some kind, however this is the forum of a publisher, “no piracy” is a pretty clear line drawn which has nothing to do with morality per se but is instead about common sense.

@Thierry007 I replied on that thread and it is Unlisted and closed, NOT deleted, so you should have received notification of the reply.

But if not the link above covers it.

Posts ABOUT piracy, asking for when it’s okay, etc., are just going to encourage people to think it’s permitted on here, because some other forums DO permit that - but it is not, very simple concept, this is the forum of a reputable publisher so having their own, or anyone else’s, works pirated on the forum is not okay, neither are posts which are called “Illegal download.” I fail to see why this confuses anyone.

4 Likes

Depends on the situation and the moral values in play.

Because the individual who is doing so, says so.

2 Likes

I don’t care what consequences come from saying this, but wow, what an absolute shit-lord.

2 Likes

Thank you. I do try. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The fellow in question was not able to obtain it due to them not selling it in his country. The book in question is already expensive and shipping would have added to that. It was hardly “a few bucks.”

1 Like

1 Like

Apparently it was unlisted and locked because stealing was regarded as “wrong,” possibly offending the forum owner because he is a publisher.

That is not “apparent” at all.

Threads are closed because they contain stuff in violation of the rules, no other reason. THAT is what’s apparent, because it’s what happens and is explained VERY clearly every time.

As you can see, just one more example of a moral absolute on a forum that claims to be above “right” and “wrong.”

Nobody says that.

… jeez dude, what is your problem? Tell us what you really think. If you hate this forum enough to badmouth it like this, why do you stay?
(I’m not saying go away, I’m curious, because I don’t stay in places I don’t like.)

1 Like

oh i see
Sorry i did not know the deleted topic

Again I repeat this is not a philosophical matter: this is the forum of a publisher, they cannot be hosting EITHER piracy of other rights-holders’ materials, nor is it rational to expect them to host piracy of their own materials.

There is no wiggle-room on this matter. Trying to turn it into a debate about what’s LHP is fatuous.

The internet is FULL of free material that is legal to download, from Quareia to the many tutorials on here and on YouTube, so even people who cannot buy materials still have access to a treasure-trove of things, which I for example never had, nor did the majority of people throughout human history.

6 Likes

:black_heart:
This, so much this.

1 Like

Capture

Because there are an exceptionally small amount of wonderful people on here who I respect greatly.

3 Likes

Legally not okay @anon96217651, not morally. I do not moderate from “morality” and the rules are not about that, either.

BALG have been hit with at least one DMCA over simply having some text from another site copied here. Millions of page views a month mean people do tend to jump on any potential infringement pdq.

If I only moderated this forum from my personal morals, it would look very different.

2 Likes

I am not calling you out. You are merely an enforcer of the rules. Now that you have made it clear that it is a “legal” issue I understand.

3 Likes

Unironically, I am only obeying orders.

1 Like

You know what wold be nice? If people could stick to the topic of magik and maybe do thier own work instead of thinking they even have to rely on authors.

Everything you need is free on youtube. For $7 you can get a book that literally tells you everything you need to know, and I don’t think that’s a lot to save up for an invest when it provides years of work and pointers to everything you can get free online.

How about get a modicum of independence and go find what they want in the many places its available, instead of whining that this forum doesn’t provide them with everything free.

Black magickians can’t afford to act like spoon-fed babies, not if they’re serious about thier work.

1 Like