curious if anyone has had similar expierence like this and if this means i’m healing. i’ve learned i need to love myself and get emotionally connection and security.
i feel like i’m ready to burst out of the womb and thrive away from the past and the pain with shadow work it’s getting there but it’s so slow it feels so there and dreadful knowing the shadow moments are there literally staring at me and i’m sure it’s me putting my own limitations on me but i want to feel free. i’m either stuck or i’m healing. feels like a lot of pain and sadness and solo time
I think we all have those “ugh, can this be done already” moments.
If it helps, I have a technique that can help flush out the unwanted energy that you’ve brought to the surface. It’s a qigong technique called “happy shaking”. It takes 5 minutes… if you can do it barefoot on the earth even better.
- First put on some cheerful happy music, instrumental is good.
- Next, stand up and shake shake your whole body to the music, intentionally shaking loose all unwanted energy. Do this for about 1 - 3
minutes or until the music ends. Keep breathing easily, if you get out of breath just be a bit more gentle with yourself. You want to stay ragdoll loose and let it flow. Smile, to help activate the parasympathetic nervous system, it’s ok if it’s not a “real smile” at first, using the face muscles does it.
- Finally, stand relaxed, feet slightly spart and pelvis slightly tucked, knees unlocked, and lift your hands, held flat parallel with the ground, above your head.
- See a large white light disk where your hands are, as big as a hula hoop, and using your hands to give it, move it down, through your head, shoulders, chest, tummy, hips, legs and feet into the Earth
- Gently notice that as it goes, it pushes down all that loosened unwanted energy that used to be the negative feelings, the discomfort, it’s all swept down deep into the Earth
That’s it. Super easy and you can repeat it as many times as you like, this is a very safe technique. Hope it helps
For me, healing has been accepting my own flaws as well as the flaws of others around me. It was me realising that everyone is just functioning the way they were taught to function, but I chose to look at myself without any filter. I looked at my goods, I looked at my bads.
I understood the “why” of things and came to terms with it.
For me, it has been accepting what has happened and letting go. Working to change behaviours that weren’t good for me, changing patterns and actively trying to be a better person.
I’m an emotional person. For me, shadow work has been something that made me stronger but I still have that sensitivity. I’m still empathetic, I’m still too emotional and get carried away, but I’m more conscious about it. I’m more conscious about my thoughts, my feelings and understanding what’s good for me and what’s not. I’m conscious of who I spend my time with and how. I’m conscious of my interactions with people and extremely conscious of the media I consume.
The me last year is a completely different person than who I am right now. So is the me from last month.
It’s a continuous process, you keep evolving, you understand more of yourself hence you understand the people around you.
I hope this answers your question.
This also, is a part of it. Healing is never linear. You’ll be happy then it’s the same thing over again. You really have to spend time with yourself and allow yourself to feel things. It’s not easy but you can do it. Heal, for yourself and for the ones before you, and the ones who’ll come after.