Defense again entities -and other black magick?

I’ve been holding off on posting this question for a while now, since the concept can arouse a lot of fluff responses, and I’ve never needed to defend myself from any high level spirit, I have mostly good relations with all the spirits I’ve dealt with. I should make a distinction here though, I’m not talking about the Astral trash that you might pickup wandering through the Astral wilderness, or the small parasites that tend to just piss you off more than anything. I’m talking about full on, high level, godlike entities such as Azazel, Belial, Michael and potentially other deities from around the world.

My question, aside from summoning another entity, what ways (if any) are there for defending against attacks from such entities? If we are in fact “living gods” it should stand to reason that we would be able to stand against godlike entities on an even playing field. They hit you, you hit back harder at them kinda thing. The other side of it, is in the very unlikely event that YOU need to call up an entity to teach it a lesson or not to push you around. While I have very good relations with all the spirits I work with and have never run into this issue -and I suspect no one else has or they would have posted about it, what if a spirit breaks a pact? So for example, in the pact you specific that it refrains from doing something, and then for one reason or another it still does it and breaks it’s part of pact, are there ways to ensure that it doesn’t happen again? Pardon the pun…but ways to "put the fear of god (aka me…lol) into a spirit to make sure it doesn’t push you around?

I’m just curious if anyone has ever experienced (or ever needed to for that matter) a need to defend themselves against a godlike entities, if so, what methods would you /did you, use?

I never have, and I suspect it’s less common than movies portray, since most spirits seem to like working with people who are committed to power, and even more, to ascent.

I won’t say it never happens but there seems to be an agenda, common across “pantheons” or whatever, to assist ascent, so I think it’s reasonably unlikely that they would be willing to do that.

JMO though and maybe someone else has more depth of experience here. :slight_smile:

I posted my first encounter with Belial here, where he attacked me (but not seriously) to see how I’d respond. He was testing me out and it made sense, but it didn’t feel really malevolent, even at the time.

You do not do it to Gods, especially some of the more Cthonic Gods. What you do is dedicate your Soul essence to their Current and harmonize yourself. Work on your inner self and establish your own character will help establish your relationship with them. Doing things for them will inspire them to do things for you; the more the better.

There have been a number of sorcerors who will go unnamed…lets just say the result of that is is like constantly living being at war on earth when fighting other gods. Belial is telling me to tell if you ever do anything like that to pick your Allies well, and that just about anyone is his ally for a number of different reasons =)

You mentioned Michael but why would an angel ever attack you?

Well if you come across a diety that opposes you, it’s either that or roll over and give up. Of course you could try negotiating too, but depending on the cercumstances that might not be an option.

Someone could have ordered it to do that.

Well if you come across a diety that opposes you, it’s either that or roll over and give up. Of course you could try negotiating too, but depending on the cercumstances that might not be an option.

Someone could have ordered it to do that.[/quote]

You ally yourself with another protectivr deity. Usually one strong enough that could stand in opposition.