"Dedicated" to the church

So, my mother dropped this bombshell on me.

She told me " It doesn’t matter if you bow to Father Lucifer, or you work with Belial, I’ve already dedicated you, your brother, and all of your children to the church, so do whatever you want to."

I don’t have any issues with her and her malformed beliefs regarding the Christian God, however, I’m really getting sick of that smug attitude.

How sick are you in the head in order to tell someone that as a child you pre-made their religious choices for them. We had a nice, uncivil discussion regarding dedications of people to entities before they’re old enough to make a decision about said entities.

I’ll be handling this situation on my own later, but if my mother thinks that I’m going to allow her to make decisions on my children’s religious beliefs before they’re old enough to know what a religious belief is, then I have no problem putting her back on a fast plane back to Louisiana.

11 Likes

Doesn’t your mother “dedicating” other people to her religion against their will fly in the face of actual Church dogma? After all, even the Church talks about free will and people having to choose God for themselves. The serpent may have tempted Eve to eat the apple, but she still had to choose to take the bite.

That’s why the Church historically practiced forced conversion by blade. They told the people they conquered to either accept their God or die, which means the choice was always up to the individual and no one else had the authority to “dedicate” them. A choice made under duress is still a choice.

5 Likes

It became a screaming match for a short time.

I know that the Christian God has no power other than the power of violence, but the fact that she thinks that she can control my life, as well as my children, and my brother is downright evil.

5 Likes

How do you “dedicate” someone who clearly isn’t a Catholic nor wants to be in this day and age? As the saying goes, “You can bring a horse to water, but you can’t make it drink.”

1 Like

She thought that by telling God that the children’s lives are in his service somehow means that they are dedicated to the Christian church.

It’s less about the power that was brought forth whenever she did her fake dedication, it’s more about the fact that she has no problem pushing her will on other people, but if I try to even bring an archangel to help her with her health problems, she thinks I’m doing something evil.

The woman doesn’t understand spirituality at all.

7 Likes

That is hilariously stupid.

I’m so sorry you have to put up with her.

3 Likes

I agree with DarkestKnight as this reminds me of the Spanish Inquisition, trying to convert everyone to the Catholic religion. It didn’t work except by torture…

1 Like

I was told by a priest once that since you were born into Catholicism you would always be catholic. I was baptised as a baby so somehow I was theirs for eternity. It’s complete and utter bullshit. None of that mess ever felt right and to push that shit on kids is diabolical and criminal.

3 Likes

I am sorry to hear that this chaos has ensued.

You have free will. By biblical law (which she claims to follow), your fate is her responsibility only until the age of accountability, which is 12. Beyond that, you punch your own ticket. It is truly a waste of your time and energy to debate anyone on this. You gain zero value from feeding any energy into religious arguments. Consider it an exercise in learning to depolarize and do not allow this or anyone else’s opinions, to affect your calm.

Ask yourself this: after having a good old fashion spirited debate, regardless of the outcome, have you gained anything? Even if you “win” the battle, the war rages on…

I used to have these debates all the time. Get pissed & rant. It had no value towards my ascent
Worked better to appear to respect everyone’s beliefs, make it a point to not cause the torches and pitchforks to get pulled out of the barn, agree to disagree and go about your day.

3 Likes

Sprinkle some tap water on her and declare her to be dedicated to the infernal empire. Titties for tat.

8 Likes

I was told by a man once that since I was born in a garage I’d always be a car.

Al.

8 Likes

ow thats crazy but she cant dedicate you guys to god if you reject him he doesnt accpet those who deny him all im saying that isnt right at all

1 Like

May sound rude because we are talking about your mother but ever tried banishing unwanted influences?

1 Like

It is not hers to decide.

1 Like

3000 miles between me and my mother worked for me, so if it were me I’d go with the send-her-back-to-Louisiana option.
Some people need consequences to either get the picture, or just be removed from it.

But I don’t speak to my mother, which isn’t a popular choice usually, just mine’s so toxic there’s no such thing as a pleasant conversation with her, there came a point where I just didn’t want to be bothered any more. I still get occult hints she wants to talk from time to time but ignore them, and they’re not troublesome enough to bind her.

5 Likes
2 Likes

It makes no difference. My grandmother had a little store in a small town. She was a witch just like her mother. Our priest forced her to be baptized or he would tell the whole town she was possessed by the Devil. She had to raise my mom, so she didn’t have much of a choice. I was baptized too. Left the church at 7 when the same priest told me I cannot play with Protestants. Luckily my parents had my back and stopped going too.

5 Likes

Man. Why you need to worry about this? It could be some problem only if her baptized you when you was a child. This probably will create you some serious issues when you want to do rites with defiling church stuff but I cannot see any other problems. She can believe in everything and probably she believed this dedication will be good for you. I can translate good authentic rite for unbaptizing dated from 18th century. The problem is you cannot return to default state anymore. You will be connected to unclean power - the devil.

Growing up, my birth father used to tell me the same exact thing - that no matter what I’d always be a Catholic because I was as baptized one. Regardless of what I wanted, believed, or practiced. It’s just something they tell themselves to feel better - any rational adult knows better.

Unfortunately, this is what Abrahamic faiths teach - that you can violate the free will and autonomy of your children by making choices that will affect them for the rest of their lives.

You can dedicate them to your god, force them to practice your religion you can mutilate and disfigure their genitalia in effect destroying sexual pleasure and sensation so your region is permanently marked into their flesh.

What a surprise that the same god that used to teach that slavery was permissible would place no bearing upon consent, freedom of choice or autonomy.

Abrahamic faiths are vile and represent oppression, disfigurement and taking away of free choice, free will and autonomy.

Praise be the Adversary.

1 Like

Coming from a South Asian background, the ship-my-mother-away option seems extreme. (My relatives tend to care for their elders no matter how reprehensible they become.) Do what my people do: in one ear and out the other.

Ontologically, you can only dedicate something besides yourself if that other thing does not have the ability to dedicate itself consciously and will not have the ability to do so. Hence, we can dedicate and consecrate bowls, altars, statues, cats, etc. But because we are human and have the ability to dedicate ourself to something or not, no amount of religious/spiritual/magickal mumbo jumbo will change our ontological standing before the other entity. (On that note: when we consciously dedicate ourself to an entity, it does change us ontologically, which is why it should be taken very seriously.)

In other words, just because your mother said so, doesn’t make it so. It’s just words, sounds, hot air. They should have no meaning, significance, or importance to you.

My mother told me that she made a promise to Allah - if she gets pregnant and gives birth to a healthy child, that child will be dedicated to Allah. She takes my spiritual nature to be proof that I’m dedicated to Allah. But - as you can tell - just because she said so, doesn’t make it so.