Dedicate an altar to your magical self?!?

Just an idea.

Use an image of what you picture your magical self like at the center.

Charge a protective element, place it to the North.

Add a bag with herbs that match your intend (mugworth for divination, rosemary for attracting good spirit…) to the East.

Put a symbol of power to the South.

Moon symbols at the West.

Add figures of animals, characters, spirits all around you.

Add a protective circle in salt or rope.

4 Likes

Sounds like a great idea. Then you can do things like, meditate at your altar and ask your higher self questions through the effigy.

2 Likes

If you’re really good at photo editing you could probably collage yourself into an impressive image of some kind.

1 Like

I believe it’s been coined as self-deification. You literally pray to your Godform.

1 Like

I don’t see experience it as “praying”.
I feel it more like a “vision board” of my magickal self.

Putting symbols to attract particular energies around me.

Keeping a charging stone for protection around a representation of myself rather than myself. :blush:

But you are right, i also search for develop my own “divinity” inside of me and having better magickal results :grinning:

It is funny but most of my dreams I can’t perceive myself nor in meditation? In fact, I get the distinct thought my core self doesn’t look anything like my aged self and i like how I look? Naturally, my shrines to myself don’t have a picture of me but most have a mirror (not a black mirror).

In deep meditation or dreamstate I swear that which is not me is very flirty. And in some cases hungry for me. It is a slow thing to embrace when parts of the culture say how vile & prideful it is to put selfishness and self above GOD. But, I accepted I live was born and live on earth. This is my home and why shouldn’t I place myself above others since that is my whole being. I always felt the Church felt “off” or wrong in some weird way. I can’t help but think they are the deceivers. So a shrine to empower myself and reaffirm, reassert my presence and will is bery much like making a stand against an invading force that would like to conquer and enslave then toss my self into its collect live trash/slave pens.

Gloom aside, each shrine is quite different and some are very minimal.

2 Likes