Dealing with addiction

It’s time for me to face some of my addictions that have been holding me back in life. I’ve tried to quit, but end up in relapse after a month so. What spirits would you guys recommend as an aid to kick addictions completely?
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

if it’s a drug addiction,just keep in mind the damage it does to your physical and subtle bodies.This will be your motive.Otherwise you have no reason to quit.

Opfaal and Raphael can help you with

1 Like

[quote=“Pazuzu, post:1, topic:4685”]It’s time for me to face some of my addictions that have been holding me back in life. I’ve tried to quit, but end up in relapse after a month so. What spirits would you guys recommend as an aid to kick addictions completely?
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated[/quote]

Breaking addictions can be some of the hardest changes to make in life if you’re not in the right state of mind, or you don’t understand the nature of addiction. I’ve been addicted to nicotine, alcohol and marijuana. Years ago I was constantly stoned for months on end before I would go for a few days with nothing. I regret the years I wasted as I accomplished nothing, it took my money, my health (I use to be a bodybuilder) but most importantly……it took away years that I can’t replace, which is what I regret the most. I am now fit again, happy and trying to build a life from the carnage I created.

Drugs are very passive creatures; they will take your money, your health, time and vital energy. Drugs can only ever take; they never give you nothing back in return. It might look that way but its all an illusion. Anyone who says that drugs help them to accomplish something is just clinging to a ‘Crutch’ because they haven’t got the ability to stand on their own two feet and walk without the stabalisers.

The reason why anyone takes drugs or alcohol (which is a liquid drug anyway) is simply because they either feel they need it or want it. If you asked the average person why they smoke cigarettes then they probably wouldn’t be able to give you any real justification as they are not prepared to answer these questions, or they simply don’t like their ideas or habits challenged. I’ve seen some people get quite defensive over this. Their answer is usually something based around………I like it or it helps me to get bye.

The actual secret to breaking addiction is based on peoples excuses?? You simply have to realise that you don’t want it or need it. Whenever you’re trying to get something out of your life that you like or feel that you need then you’re on the road to hell. In Psychology, this is called ‘reversed effort’ because the more you use determination (willpower) to try and go against something you feel you need or want then the more depraved you will feel……………and through deprivation, the cravings will start and the more you try internally to ignore cravings, the more the imagination will work against you. Will against the imagination always results in the imagination winning.

If on the other hand, you have gone deep into the aspects of why you don’t ‘DESIRE’ it and why you don’t ‘NEED’ it then when you walk away from it there will be no deprivation and therefore, no cravings will erupt within you. It’s impossible to ‘mope’ over something that you don’t want or need. Fear is the culprit that keeps people enslaved to the drug. People continue to smoke or whatever simply because they are too scared to stop. Its fear that keeps them in the prison because they don’t know how they will cope without it, or they feel that they are giving up some sort of enjoyment when theres nothing to enjoy!!

So before any magical work can take place, make sure you have gone deep into these aspects of dependency as it is “desire and necessity” at the heart of addiction. Once this is accomplished and you have broken your fear then you’re ready to walk out of the prison cell. I have tried a few different spiritual entities to help me break dependency on substances over the years and all failed bar one.

I decided to make my own entity, an egregore as some would say that was specially designed to relieve me of drugs forever. I can give you instruction on this if you private message me and some first class literature on the nature of addiction from someone who gave up his career to open clinics all over the world to show people how to stop smoking. His basic philosophy was then copied to help other addicts with other sustenance complaints as addiction is addiction, choose what the medium is because breaking cocaine or heroine in your life is just as hard as stopping smoking for many, and it follows the same path.

2 Likes

[quote=“savodonger, post:3, topic:4685”][quote=“Pazuzu, post:1, topic:4685”]It’s time for me to face some of my addictions that have been holding me back in life. I’ve tried to quit, but end up in relapse after a month so. What spirits would you guys recommend as an aid to kick addictions completely?

Breaking addictions can be some of the hardest changes to make in life if you’re not in the right state of mind, or you don’t understand the nature of addiction. I’ve been addicted to nicotine, alcohol and marijuana. Years ago I was constantly stoned for months on end before I would go for a few days with nothing. I regret the years I wasted as I accomplished nothing, it took my money, my health (I use to be a bodybuilder) but most importantly……it took away years that I can’t replace, which is what I regret the most. I am now fit again, happy and trying to build a life from the carnage I created.

Drugs are very passive creatures; they will take your money, your health, time and vital energy. Drugs can only ever take; they never give you nothing back in return. It might look that way but its all an illusion. Anyone who says that drugs help them to accomplish something is just clinging to a ‘Crutch’ because they haven’t got the ability to stand on their own two feet and walk without the stabalisers.

The reason why anyone takes drugs or alcohol (which is a liquid drug anyway) is simply because they either feel they need it or want it. If you asked the average person why they smoke cigarettes then they probably wouldn’t be able to give you any real justification as they are not prepared to answer these questions, or they simply don’t like their ideas or habits challenged. I’ve seen some people get quite defensive over this. Their answer is usually something based around………I like it or it helps me to get bye.

The actual secret to breaking addiction is based on peoples excuses?? You simply have to realise that you don’t want it or need it. Whenever you’re trying to get something out of your life that you like or feel that you need then you’re on the road to hell. In Psychology, this is called ‘reversed effort’ because the more you use determination (willpower) to try and go against something you feel you need or want then the more depraved you will feel……………and through deprivation, the cravings will start and the more you try internally to ignore cravings, the more the imagination will work against you. Will against the imagination always results in the imagination winning.

If on the other hand, you have gone deep into the aspects of why you don’t ‘DESIRE’ it and why you don’t ‘NEED’ it then when you walk away from it there will be no deprivation and therefore, no cravings will erupt within you. It’s impossible to ‘mope’ over something that you don’t want or need. Fear is the culprit that keeps people enslaved to the drug. People continue to smoke or whatever simply because they are too scared to stop. Its fear that keeps them in the prison because they don’t know how they will cope without it, or they feel that they are giving up some sort of enjoyment when theres nothing to enjoy!!

So before any magical work can take place, make sure you have gone deep into these aspects of dependency as it is “desire and necessity” at the heart of addiction. Once this is accomplished and you have broken your fear then you’re ready to walk out of the prison cell. I have tried a few different spiritual entities to help me break dependency on substances over the years and all failed bar one.

I decided to make my own entity, an egregore as some would say that was specially designed to relieve me of drugs forever. I can give you instruction on this if you private message me and some first class literature on the nature of addiction from someone who gave up his career to open clinics all over the world to show people how to stop smoking. His basic philosophy was then copied to help other addicts with other sustenance complaints as addiction is addiction, choose what the medium is because breaking cocaine or heroine in your life is just as hard as stopping smoking for many, and it follows the same path.[/quote]

Definitely agreed with most everything you said, very deep thoughtful response that underscored the core psychological motives behind what drives people to addiction beyond the obvious addictive nature of the substance itself. Thanks.

I’d add that on the positive side there are objectively speaking some drugs out there like medications that do enable people to function better and help people quit the more damaging ones. White I do agree it’s a crutch I myself am an addict who has found that path although for me it’s basically substituting one addiction for another, albeit a more viable healthy one: I’m drinking Kratom tea everyday instead of taking opiate pills and going out drinking/drugging. I personally feel I’m not strong enough to quit everything altogether, as life gets pretty depressing/gritty without my Kratom tea or without some other neurochemical release. The only real negative side effect is the financial cost, but fortunately I make enough cash with my home biz that i can afford it.

I’d suggest to the OP that Azazel is another entity who I’ve heard can help with addiction. Raphael is another. One person I think it was on another messsage forum gave their story of how one of these spirits would actually physically restrain them from going out to score heroin in an effort to help them kick their addiction.

I’d also suggest moving if you can. It can help you change by changing your environment and the people you associate with. One of my friends actually moved away when their oxycontin habit became too much. He said moving helped him stay clean.

There’s also AA / NA for recovery as an adjunct to the entity(-ies) helping you. Having a personal support group like this is for some a necessity; they can’t truly successfully recover without this assistance.

2 Likes

I posted a bunch of what I discovered about addiction here - also a visualisation a spirit gave me.

1 Like

[quote=“savodonger, post:3, topic:4685”][quote=“Pazuzu, post:1, topic:4685”]It’s time for me to face some of my addictions that have been holding me back in life. I’ve tried to quit, but end up in relapse after a month so. What spirits would you guys recommend as an aid to kick addictions completely?

Breaking addictions can be some of the hardest changes to make in life if you’re not in the right state of mind, or you don’t understand the nature of addiction

The actual secret to breaking addiction is based on peoples excuses?? You simply have to realise that you don’t want it or need it.[/quote]

What worked for me was noting the effects. I realized that I would die if I didn’t stop. I was using stimulant drugs instead of eating. I was checking out of the grocery with caffeine pills and soda, only, for the weeks groceries. Once I could clearly see the effects it was easy to stop.

Once I could clearly distinguish the true effects of what I was doing compared to what would truly move me forward, it was a simple choice.

Research the addiction, and learn how it prevents you from accomplishing your goals. Read up on the ‘Dickens Pattern’ (an NLP) process and run it often until you are free.

Changing your environment, for example moving to a new place, or removing all the associated mental links and reminders helps a lot. This includes other people associated, if they are weakening you or preventing your ascent.

Ask yourself the question; What would it take to end relapse forever, and take total control of my own life forever?

Find out the answer and live it.

The view in Rational Recovery is the the addiction itself generates thoughts which form themselves into continued inner rationalisations, excuses, and permissions to keep using/drinking, such as “You HAVE had a rough day/week/life and therefore, you deserve it” or that various other things which make it seem “realistic” or safe to drink/use.

It’s like having a lawyer on your case looking for constant loopholes by which it may convince you of the one and only thing it cares about - to get you using/drinking again.

It perverts any situation, good or bad, any event, and any kind of emotion into a rationalisation that always without fail ends in “and therefore you need to drink/use NOW.”

These will also kick in after periods of being clean and sober, and will seem very reasonable since it’s your own thoughts and beliefs being played against you.

The key to that system (which differs from AA 12-step stuff) is that you conquer addiction by recognising that any thought at all - ANY - which supports or proposes continued use of the stuff is the essentially mindless “Addictive Voice” and you then immediately dismiss it without entering into analysis of each case argument or considering that the part which is true (that “You HAVE had a rough time…”) means that the second part, “… and therefore, drink/use now!” is correct.

If you learn to recognise that voice and to immediately regard anything connected to it as void, then you’re on the road to solid sobriety, and will no longer be tempted because anything that proposes further intoxication is immediately discarded. Obviously, other systems work for many people, I’m just giving an overview of this one because I know it best and it helped me most.

IMO the one thing that links RR and 12-step approaches is the adoption of an idea, be it the Higher Power or the nullifying affects of recognising arguments to drink/use as the Addictive Voice, which kind of supercedes and suprasses each individual urge so that you’re not left, maybe at the end of a long hard day, trying to combat that powerful set of urges, physical, emotional, even intellectual justifications, on their own merit.

Whether you accept that you actually have no control over the shit and turn it over to your Higher Power, or whether you recognise the arguments in favour as an invalid and mindless Addictive Voice (or whatever else that’s similar), you’re not engaging because that doesn’t work, your addiction will use all your logic, beliefs, and pain against you; arguing with it on this case-by-case basis is correctly termed white-knuckling, because it’s so damned hard to remember what you hoped for when the real cravings and urges set in.

In RR you make a “Big Plan” which is to simply state “I will never drink/use again, and I will never change my mind” and then you go on to recognise each subsequent urge as the Addictive Voice and not as part of your own thinking.

As well as RR, there’s a lot of info online about the 12-step approaches and if drink’s a problem, I also recommend that Jason Vale book “Kick The Drink… Easily” which is very detailed on how society programs us to drink and feeds us lies 24/7 about how it fixes things (that it actually makes worse) and so on.

1 Like

First count the hours you go without it, then count the days, and whenever you have a craving, google the negative effects of the drug. Everyday b4 day 7 is a bitch, but it gets easier and by day 35 its a habit.

1 Like

A really big thank you to all of you for sharing some priceless stuff. I really appreciate it, and thanks Lady Eva for that visualization, you’re great.