Daydreamer

I used to daydream quite often as a kid. I would “imagine” fantastic places and beings beyond description. I’ve never felt as free as when I would “dream”. The feeling could best be described as serenity. Lately however, I’ve wondered what if what I was experiencing was Soul Travel. A letting go of the spirit to travel the Astral Plane. Even though I was travelling to wonderful places unimaginable by my conscious mind, I lacked control. I would phase in and out of this world and the Astral Realm without warning or intent. The thought of this scares me to this day. Not being able to control such power. I’m amazed I made it this long. I could be sitting at my desk at school. Staring at a blank page the teacher handed out. Or at church listening to the preacher give a sermon. I could even be carrying on a conversation with my family at a restaurant. Then all of a sudden, SWOOSH!! I’m in a forest surrounded by abundant wildlife and the tallest tree you’d ever see. Or in a frozen tundra with the wind beating against my face. Such power could be viewed as a blessing and a curse. On one hand you would have a great advantage in using a powerful godlike ability. You could allow your spirit to leave your body more freely than most. For most people leaving the body so freely takes a lot of practice to perfect, possibly even years. On the other hand, it could take considerably more effort to keep yourself “grounded”. You may find yourself slipping away to volatile realms inhabited by malevolent forces determined to destroy you or even trap you there. Nonetheless, I believe there is a strong connection between Soul Travel and daydreaming. That these active dreamers are in all actuality, very gifted Soul Travelers. These people may not have a grasp on the power they hold in their hands. They may be struggling with their gift. To these people I offer a solution. Meditation. Though it might be frightening, I believe the best solution is always to practice with a focused mind and goal. Find a quiet environment and make sure you won’t be interrupted for a while. Sit comfortably and clear your mind. Focus on where you want to go and visualize yourself leaving your body. Travelling through the aethereal to your desired destination. Over time, this will become easier and you will find yourself gaining more and more control of your ability. The possibilities are endless. Use the power that’s been in you all along to take you to never before seen realms. Here’s wishing you luck in your journeys.
-Trigg

3 Likes

Perhaps I’m confused as to what Soul Travel actually is, but I doubt daydreaming is actually it. You sound kind of like me, actually. I’m a maladaptive daydreamer (couple links to help you out), which means I easily spend the majority of my day in thetheta brainwave state (this is why daydreamers are often also lucid dreamers), yet I’ve never experienced anything supernatural by a longshot, which makes me think it takes a lot more than a brainwave state to actually have an experience.

A daydream, even an obsessive daydream, I wouldn’t think is astral travel at all, for you manipulate your own environment and easily recognize it as a fantasy world as opposed to a more schizophrenic symptom of a believing it to be a real world.

On the other hand, perhaps this is why I actually suck at soul travel! Getting into the theta state is no problem, but shutting off my daydreaming factor to let my spirit actually leave is nearly impossible. EA often talks about the imagination being a gateway, but my imagination goes from “Let’s try and reconstruct my bedroom, which will never happen because it looks like a tornado hit it and I can’t remember what’s in one pile of clutter vs another pile!” to “Let’s retcon ‘The Last Jedi’ instead and make Luke a powerful figure with a thriving Jedi academy!”

As such, I have difficulties with evocation, divination, soul travel and the works. Just about everything can bring about a daydream, which I doubt is a soul traveling experience.

On the one hand, I love my inner world. It’s much more vibrant and rich than most peoples’, apparently (if the research is to be believed), but it’s a hindrance to actually perceiving anything spiritual.

1 Like

we can actually day dream using Law of attraction…There is channel in u tube to attract what u want…I have plan. Im going to use law of attraction and build an imaginary heaven and i will ascend into that heaven and leave planet earth and send empty threats to yall from there

I envy you and your theta brain waves - hand them over or the glove puppet gets it!

I get to alpha, fall into theta and then zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

LOL! Like I said, I think it takes more than theta. I’ve got the brainwaves, and so do most people who can get engrossed in a daydream, but I’ve never had a supernatural experience.

1 Like