Day time evocation?

Is it harder/normal to evoke during the day, since that’s the only time i have the house to my self, doing it at night risks my dad finding out, don’t want that cause hes an ignorant person.

All im asking is what are the down sides to doing it in light (obviously not with a curtain wide open my room has a sheet over the window) please share your opinion on it

I don’t even care about the time of day personally, unless I need a visible moon or something - it shouldn’t matter IMO. Also you see E.A. doing evocations out under the blazing sun, so he’s not even shut away indoors. Unless there’s a reason to block the sun/light that’s specific to that spirit or piece of work, I see no reason it would be a problem.

I echo what the Lady Eva said above. It matters not when, unless specifically requested by the spirit itself, or certain times are said to enhance contact, like the planetary hours and such.

I think performing evocations in darkness is more for the effect on the mind of the operator than anything else. If you are able to remove yourself from the mundane during daylight hours then there is no problem but a dark room and a circle of candles do much to enhance the feeling that magick is afoot.

It doesn’t make any difference. In fact, some spirits I personally prefer evoking during the day, like Lucifer, however when you live in UK and have a desk job… let’s just say sunlight is hard to come by.

Spirits reach out to you. I can’t tell you how many times recently I am sat on the couch reading and suddenly someone’s knocking on my kitchen cabinet (or other similar things).

All you need is will.

I agree with the others.It doesn’t matter. I have about fours before my wife comes home from work, and all of that time is day light. I make it work for me! And if you get a chance to work at night do it.

CH

I agree with the others.It doesn’t matter. I have about fours before my wife comes home from work, and all of that time is day light. I make it work for me! And if you get a chance to work at night do it.

CH[/quote]
do you keep it secret from your wife, if so thats gotta be hard

[quote=“Jdzl, post:1, topic:6841”]Is it harder/normal to evoke during the day, since that’s the only time i have the house to my self, doing it at night risks my dad finding out, don’t want that cause hes an ignorant person.

All im asking is what are the down sides to doing it in light (obviously not with a curtain wide open my room has a sheet over the window) please share your opinion on it[/quote]

No real problem, actually. You can do an evocation at any time, anywhere. Tradition has it to do things for certain spirits at certain hours on certain days because it’s most congruent to their essence. Basically, you get better results.

However, if you can’t do it that way, then do it now. You’ll still get results, perhaps greater ones but that’s depended on your willpower as a magician.

CH[/quote]
do you keep it secret from your wife, if so thats gotta be hard[/quote]

No, my wife is cool and she’s really smart, we both have experienced many results from her abilities. She has her own kind of Power,and she is tech savvy!