David Bowie's new album "Blackstar"

Just thought it was funny that Bowie’s new album “Blackstar” makes his youtube channel icon have the exact opposite of Koetting’s youtube channel icon…

Bowie’s latest single released 2 days ago “Blackstar” off his new album “Blackstar”;

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kszLwBaC4Sw]David Bowie - Blackstar (Video) - YouTube

There are those that claim the music video has black magic ceremonies etc. Can anyone spot anything specific?

All I can see is the skull, maybe a vague relation to voudon, or just a generic occult skull ritual, but not familiar with the one in the video. To me it just looks artistic in nature, but feel free to correct me.

Bowie’s stuff lately seems a bit more inspired, he went many years without a hit, and his last album “The Next Day” is very good, with I would say a good number of hits. Looking forward to his latest album.

But as for his latest single I really like it. It’s a 10 minute song which is surprising for Bowie.

I only watched it twice and yes, it seemed to me that it was more vague implications than anything, there’s a bit where he’s holding up the book with the black star (maybe like a grimoire/Satanic Bible) to the three “scarecrows”/crucified people, but hard to be certain.

If he’s acknowledging a little help from some hoofy friends :o) then we’d probably see more if we knew the details - just like I’ve recently seen how much my “uncle” wove some subtle things into his life about his Dark Master that the average person would never pick up on, you’d have to know the specifics to recognise them.

Black Sun. Black Shamanism. Seething Techniques. The lyrics say it all really.

Nice to see Bowie getting weird again in his old age. He got a little mainstream and “normal” in the eighties but still made great music. Great artist. One of a kind.

I haven’t watched an actual music video in years, they distract me from the music, but I’ve watched most of this. I think it’s got a definite occult vibe, but that is so popular right now any director would slap together something. I noted a jewelled Tibetan style skull, androgynous “furry” in a dress, Black Sun is prominent, raising vibrations of participants by shaking, even a Chthulu type dude at the end (or was it PREDATOR??!!) and a young girl being used as an altar and a dudes being crucified. If Bowie has created his own occult theories, it’s going to take 5 volumes to sort it out.

ETA that his voice is holding up fantastically! So many singers lose their vocal power and range as they age but his voice sounds the same now as it did in the 80’s

I think the skull is related to his first famous song, Major Tom and to Ashes to Ashes too. It looks like a sort of testament too me. Bowie is not new to this kind of things. I mean a personal psychodrama. Like the death of Ziggy Stardust.

That is one book I’d HAVE to read, if it ever existed in any known dimension!! :slight_smile:

ETA that his voice is holding up fantastically! So many singers lose their vocal power and range as they age but his voice sounds the same now as it did in the 80's

^ Agreed, also not mellowed or gone into being a comedy/safe version of himself, unlike almost every other sixties/seventies act, playing “gold classic specials” in British holiday camps, where it’s all a jolly knees-up and “Do you remember back in the day”…

He’s astonishing, and awe-inspiring. :heart:

Blackstar is an amazing album, depressing, especially knowing what the content represents for the most part, from the perspective of someone given 20 months to live. RIP Bowie.

[url=http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/04/entertainment/david-bowie-blackstar/index.html]http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/04/entertainment/david-bowie-blackstar/index.html[/url]

Wow… he’s actually sending messages and stuff after he’s dead, he’s got his own constellation, this is legitimate mythmaking in progress, and I’m just waiting for hear of miracles and sightings of him next!

Has anyone tried praying to him like a saint? I’m being very serious and not mucking about.

[quote=“Lady Eva, post:10, topic:6717”]Wow… he’s actually sending messages and stuff after he’s dead, he’s got his own constellation, this is legitimate mythmaking in progress, and I’m just waiting for hear of miracles and sightings of him next!

Has anyone tried praying to him like a saint? I’m being very serious and not mucking about.[/quote]

My sources have told me that he’s not only out there,in the astral,he’s on the level of an Ascendant Master,like Sunham or Varnaxis,or whoever.

Have not tried interacting with him,but he’s out there,I’m sure we can soul travel to him,and learn from him.

Have not tried doing so,yet,though.This was just mentioned to me in a casual conversation a while back,and is UPG.

He represents the King of Cups in the Temptress Tarot

[url=https://postimage.org[/url]