"Dark" Norse Magick Study Group

yes one of my favorite books lol. zurvan is a cool dude as well.

1 Like

kennaz aka le torch that leads you through the darkness uwu aka the black flame

1 Like

If anyone ever has that urge to call out to Hel, you should definitely answer that call.

I’ve been working with her for a number of months, maybe over a year now, and she is very Stern, but she is also exceedingly kind.

One thing I have learned about her is that she is very much along the lines of a carrying a death goddess, caring for the souls who have died unfairly, or have died outside of combat.

She’s also a very comforting influence, and she’s come to me a few times whenever I was in extreme despair, and she held out her hand to me and his actually embraced me in the astrals before.

There is nothing malicious about her, but if you have a bargain with her, it will be held to the letter.

That said, working with her has been great, her gifts have been incredible, and her presence is always felt in my home.

Helheim, from what I’ve seen, is a place of rest and recuperation for the next life. The spirits have autonomy to leave when they are ready, and either can stay with her, return for another life, or dissipate into the realm.

However, should you incur her wrath, you should understand that a woman scorned, particularly a giants death goddess, can be harsh in her retribution.

She appears to me as a corpse, half rotted, the rot “flows” around her body and can make parts if her appear ghastly or even skeletal one moment, and then whole and alive the next. Her skin is typically gray, but can take on flesh tones when the opportunity presents itself.

She is particularly fond of deceased infants, as she collects them herself, and holds them close. Honestly, it startled me that a being that can be as cold and callous was so warm regarding babies.
She explained it like this.

I am not a being that gives life, I am a being that takes life. I am grim in my duties, but I am caring in that my realm is made for this. I have never truly been loved, aside from the ones who have found me, like you, to be favorably suited for their purposes, most have shunned me, including my father. However, infants who pass into my realm feel as i have for so long, they feel abandoned, discarded, and as such, i personally comfort them, and keep them safe with me until they can return.

She is a true enigma, but as she is a great as I have seen, I continue my work with her.

To the Goddess Hel. I raise my horn.

10 Likes

What a wonderful post! I need to start working with Her again.

3 Likes

Thank you Hela for reminding me about this she been calling me

2 Likes

I definitely would if I just knew how you know.

Get into a meditative state.

Dismiss Thor
Dismiss Freya
Dismiss Heimdall
Dismiss Odin
Dismiss Tyr

Carve her name in runes before you in the soil.

“Hel, Daughter of Loki, Supreme Goddess of the peaceful dead. I call you to join me, to come to me in peace and respect. I wait, with no ill will, and respect for you and your station. I wait with respect for the dead that you guard.”

Allow the energy of the dead to surround you, and concentrate on her runes.

That is a simple way of calling to her. There are other ways, of course, but this is a simple way to do it.

This was adapted from E.A. Koetting video where he called upon Loki. Watch that vid as a guide.

6 Likes

Resurrection time! I seriously apologize for raising this from the dead…but i want to reignite the conversation on this topic! :pray:

4 Likes

That’s awesome. The dark side of the norse magick must be studied! The workings with Loki are awesome but there is so much to learn about the nordic dark Tree

:snake:

2 Likes

I am so happy to have found this thread. I was really sad at the thought of not being able to bathe in the darker currents while I get grounded and balanced out in the lighter.

I am honestly ecstatic that there is so much depth and diversity in working with these energies on this path.

I noticed that I have been getting called by freya a lot over the last several months. I kinda feel like it’s a synergistic spiritual coup de’tat to get me to come closer to my ancestral path.

Not too sure about Loki yet. I do have a lot of fox in my totems, and as a power animal so who knows I may be working with him and not even know it yet.

And I find it humurous that ive been not so subtly guided to start down this path and stick with it by my spirit guides… lol I think my guides were getting frustrated by my constant hopping around from belief system to belief system that they just uniformly decided it was time to glue my stubborn ADD spastic ass to a chair and put my nose in one system until I learn enough to not put myself in danger anymore lmao

1 Like

If your curious about delving into this here are a few resources from the path i am exploring. I may have posted some of these before but i honestly don’t remember. This is but a handful of free resources provided on that channel.

This video give a great example of how myth reveals concepts and ideas to explore. In this case how reality is viewed from the perspective of the beings of the 9 worlds.

3 Likes

:hugs::heart: THANK YOU! That is awesome material to start delving into. Will be listening to them after I put my chitlins to bed lol

U put pig intestine to bed? offering of some sort? lol

1 Like

Not enough time at the moment to get completely caught up here but definitely following this thread. I’ve had a ebook on runic black magick ive been kicking around working on and off for at least a year now. I’ve moved farther and farther away from anything resembling asatru though over the years, choosing to work more closely with only odin in his outlaw aspect the thurs but still this thread is of interest. Hope all is well everyone.

1 Like

Not sure if you are aware but Michael Denny many years ago had a podcast called ’ Thunder Wizard : Teutonic Shamanism ’ that was really good. Always preffered it over his video content. I am certain it still exists out there.

LadyoftheLabyrinth might be someone you make additionally want to look into, as well as of course Freya Aswynn if you are not already familiar though likely you are.

4 Likes

Yeah it is still on the web. I have the link saved.

2 Likes

I would be down for this as a private group

2 Likes

I have found that a good way to connect with Surtr is to face south and vibrate his name. What he imparts will vary from person to person depending on needs and interest. For me he told me this recently “refine what is needed, adapt to what is necessary, burn away the excess and unnecessary.” while lookin like a burning monk. Was an odd by insightful experience.

Also chanting the runes that make up his name, Sowilo, Uruz, Raido, Taiwaz has a cleansing effect in ones life experience.

A cautionary note on the rune chant though. If you have toxic people or situations in your life it can seemingly cause perceived upheaval and chaos as those toxic influences are removed or remove themselves. Similar to the temporary chaos the body goes through if you do a Detox regiment.

4 Likes

Awesome stuff, there are also enochian Chants in vk jehannum Surtr ritual

:snake:

1 Like

Bahaha no. But now I feel like fat bastard from Austin powers…got chili’s baby back ribs song stuck in my head.