Dark Dreams after evocation

I evoked a goetic entity for a baneful working.

That same night I had a dream.
A large city with walls was burning, there was plague and fire. The city was like a near future metropolis with many domed buildings. It was being overrun by large black dogs with extremely sharp needle like teeth.
People were being evacuated via a train system into the nearby mountains, the city was on an island in the middle of a lake and a vast stone bridge connected the railway to the rest of the continent.
I observed these events as a floating blob of consciousness.
I followed one man with a black beard and glasses and a beige raincoat. He and a group had made it to the mountains but he decided to go back. He had to rescue his daughter.
He went back into the perilous city, the train platform led to a huge set of metal steps inside a glass tube. His daughter - a slightly chubby thing with shoulder length blonde hair and a flower patterned dress awaited him at the top. As he approached her he apologised and then transformed into one of the black dogs. It leapt out of the raincoat and savagely tore open her chest. Her blood dripped slowly down the stairs and bannister.

I awoke with that image in my mind.

After I work with baneful magick and/or sigils for that, I always have nightmares and is pretty hard to sleep the following days, what happens is that some darkness stick to you, I try to relax myself understanding that is a natural reaction of fear, so first I make a meditation visualizing the fear like ball of energy in my stomach going to my root chakra turning in to power, and then I see all my chakras been clean by white light from all darkness, also I cover all my mirrors till I feel better, at list I could spleep a few hours from been awake all night, that´s an improvement, hope this helps!

I have nightmares after them too. At first, I thought it was the entities being ticked off with me (silly newbie). Now I have come to realize that it is the way my emotions, mind and so on deals with anything that is repressed within me, and that it is also like my emotions and mind “detoxing” from the rituals. It has become a very interesting way for me to learn about myself.

Wow, I just had a similar experience but brushed it off until reading this thread.

I am working with the Goetic Vine to bring someone’s defensive towers down, expose them, destroy them, and then wash them away in a flood of the spirit’s choosing.

This course of action is still in the embryonic stage, and I just began exploring the possibilities of this spirit’s power.

After a very deep scrying session with Vine before bed last night, I awoke to some very vivid dreams of being swept away in water rapids. I was hanging on to an anchor, but was afraid to let it go for fear of where the rapids would sweep me.

I eventually let go and I turned out fine, my companion, not so much.

An omen?

We shall see.

I have these often. Frater Rufus opus says he gets them too after a goetic evocation - a dream where he is in a postapacolyptic world of sorts.

I beleive its the spirit tryin to communicate while we are sleeping cause if i look deep i can find meanings in these beautiful nightmares. I look forward to all dreams especially lucid dreams which most mine are now

[quote=“DarthMordus, post:1, topic:2172”]A large city with walls was burning, there was plague and fire. The city was like a near future metropolis with many domed buildings. It was being overrun by large black dogs with extremely sharp needle like teeth.
People were being evacuated via a train system into the nearby mountains, the city was on an island in the middle of a lake and a vast stone bridge connected the railway to the rest of the continent.
I observed these events as a floating blob of consciousness.
I followed one man with a black beard and glasses and a beige raincoat. He and a group had made it to the mountains but he decided to go back. He had to rescue his daughter.
He went back into the perilous city, the train platform led to a huge set of metal steps inside a glass tube. His daughter - a slightly chubby thing with shoulder length blonde hair and a flower patterned dress awaited him at the top. As he approached her he apologised and then transformed into one of the black dogs. It leapt out of the raincoat and savagely tore open her chest. Her blood dripped slowly down the stairs and bannister.[/quote]

Sounds a bit like a hell realm. Did your dream start with a “gateway event” which triggered all hell breaking loose once it happened? Some kind of forced choice that resulted in the people’s behavior making it terrible?

Now, obviously you’re going to dream about it. If I watch a good zombie movie, I’m going to dream of zombies that night. The zombie movie inadvertently captures my attention, but for your evocation you purposely create the same kind of focus.

This is exactly the kind of thing banishing is supposed to take care of. If those types of things are still active influencing your dreams, then they will still be active influencing your waking life as well.

It should not be anything to worry about too much, unless it gets worse. You can’t work with darkness and expect it to have no impact on your psyche, just like you can’t expect to handle plutonium and not get at least a little irradiated… Don’t attach too much significance to the dreams, they should pass in a couple of weeks.