Dangers of Cult Following and Thinking

It all makes sense now. I thought I saw “I pledge blind allegiance to Uncle-Al” as a checkbox on the sign up sheet. Rats!

Fool me twice, shame on me.

I don’t know that I’d agree that BALG has a cult mentality. I think it has some grey areas that are hard to manage. I think that it has a medium-low tolerance for bullshit, and I have to say I’ve been following the “tea” from the sidelines and I have to admit that this is a very tricky situation for mods to navigate. Unfortunately in a space like this, things aren’t black and white. On one end, I think a fact that is commonly missed on rant posts is that this is still a website owned by a publisher and obviously there is going to be liabilities that need to be considered on sites like this.

On the other hand, I post some outlandish shit, but I’ve never had any real backlash other than a troll or two, and even then at the end of it we went our separate ways and it’s been gucci. I have to admit, it’s about knowing your audience. It’s pretty easy to find trends that people generally don’t like, and it’s important to see that people—like those who participate in organized religion—are going to have their own biases or opinions based on their own experiences. Honestly most of the rebuttals or disagreements I’ve come across started because someone can’t back themselves up or panic. I’ll admit it’s hard, because I’ve succumbed to that myself a few times in the past. I’m not sure of your experiences (If anyone has had a bad experience I am sorry to hear that), but I can only speak from my own.

All I’m saying, I can sympathize with some of the pushback on the thread that has everyone up in arms right now, but I can also sympathize with the fact that the original poster made his statement on the matter and stopped responding. I agree with Eva’s stance on the matter, simply because what they’re doing doesn’t affect me if I don’t participate. If someone else wants to, cool, but it’s not for me based on the limited info I have. Valid points were made, and we got answers for them. We might not like the answers but it is what it is. :woman_shrugging:t2::woman_shrugging:t2:

5 Likes

As a ‘why-don’t-you-go-penetrate-yourself’ left hand pather I don’t want followers. The only reason I post stuff is to try to help out, because there’s so many of them and so few of us. Followers are great, provided they keep their distance. I’m in this life for me and my advancement - ‘that I will one day walk with Satan; In His world, with His Bride; And that I will become greater than the mortal I am leaving behind; the mortal which must die that a God will be born!’

The true lhp is selfish and utterly isolating. I don’t care whether you achieve Godhood and why should I? It’s hard enough for me without being distracted.

Al.

6 Likes

And anyone’s group workings would get the same protection, a point I just want to make one more time. Literally anyone.

I have no special brief to “defend” his threads from derailment or anything fucked up like that. It’s a rule, it applies to everyone, period.

5 Likes

I am just trying to stay in the rules. Making my own thread, just so people can talk about some important issues brought up somewhere else.

Or least trying start adult conversation about this.
Or
I am just a bad guy.

2 Likes

This place is not a cult yes we follow the occult but this is not a cult I have no leader o follow no one I teach others what I’ve learned and they don’t follow me there os no prize or promises dangling in my face and no consequences of not following an order by a leader yes group works are odd if you have no clue what is to be done but that I a choice you make to participate in it it’s not mandatory being in a cult means your mandatory to do things well this ain’t that sorry

5 Likes

:woman_facepalming:

5 Likes

My thinking is if you truely feel like this then your free not to be here or I some one you feel is trying to lead and pursue others to do mandatory brain washing drink the punch work then you know thanks for speaking out but honestly it’s a mods job to do not ours you know…

4 Likes

Quite frankly I am here for info and some like minded people, but does mean that I follow blind. I’ve watched on many occasions where many of us disagree on stuff yet we agree on others. The way you worded this is basically a trigger trap in my personal opinion.

6 Likes

People where raising genuine concerns about something, and was getting shut down for it.

Now, we aren’t even allow to openly talk about those same issues on my own thread.

It’s not even about certain individuals, but its about bigger topics.

But whatever. I guess staying within the rules is still breaking them.

People can judge for themselves on these issues.

Or start their threads and deal with drama themselves.

1 Like

Who?

Where and by whom?

What’s stopping you?

Which individuals?

Are my explanations not crystal clear?

5 Likes

Ok no one is saying that but when you word things like that and single those certain people out it just makes it feel that way ok I don’t believe c. Kendle is trying to start a cult I don’t believe many here are balg definitely isn’t but there is the fact that people outside of balg are that is something this post should address here

2 Likes

Your really firery then normal…it’s more scary then demons…I still hold on to my cute small furry adorable ones that exsist but your just kinda scary today…no offense lol

3 Likes

To me it’s sexy I was feeling a hot and flustered kind of Lady Eva today. Mmm mmm mmm :yum:

6 Likes

Lmao omg nooooooo not tinder lol

3 Likes

On no! I am going to Lady Eva’s paddle closest again.

(See clip for reference).

((Just lighten the mood)).
(((We are all going through shit at the moment))).
((((Peace.))))

2 Likes

Okay I think this has run its course, hopefully will show up the links if anyone searches for “cult” etc., thanks to all who replied.

2 Likes