Dangers of Cult Following and Thinking

Great tabs to have on standby for those inexplicably unaware of the cult and their following. I’m quite critical saying this, but if you don’t know you’re in a cult, you are the perfect tool for the cult. Sheep. Think out of bounds and observe individual pattern.

True leadership lies in the hearts of those who test their own faith of will with the good intention of helping develop themselves and those around them to the best that they can. Domineering leaders are strong-willed, but fail at the thought of being flexible. When they bend, they break — hence their vehement frustration.

This is why the coven I was in, did not really fill me up with what I yearned for most. That usually was teamwork, besides the ceremonial magick (which can be boring and takes hours), I realised to just remain on your own.

7 Likes

Balg is a cult, we all do energy work with the same powerful demon who is the patron of this forum.

:snake:

3 Likes

Or, there’s no cult. Just saying.

6 Likes

who

I rather not say and get this thread shut down.

@anon96217651

Sorry @Purple but I’m not in the mood for this: I removed questions from I’m Reaching Out To The Adepts, The Advanced, To Be a Part Of Something Great

You can read what and why here: https://forum.becomealivinggod.com/t/removed-posts-2-i-m-reaching-out-to-the-adepts-the-advanced-to-be-apart-of-something-great-103757/104049

It is what it is, it’s a forum rule since 2016 and nothing the FUCK to do with cults because

participation is not mandatory.

Or even expected.

I’m not taking part myself! :man_shrugging:

But please, by all means keep wasting my time over this people because in the middle of my city getting locked down, I sure as shit have nothing BETTER to do than keep explaining why I won’t let working threads be derailed when OP has explicitly stated he’s explained all he’s gonna!

The rule’s 4 years old and not going anywhere.

9 Likes

What are you talking about? BALG complies with none of the criteria of a cult.

Alright, let’s analyse this sensibly for a minute. Using the criteria for a cult and look at how BALG firs or doesn’t fit.

A cult needs:

1. Submission. To a charismatic leader that requires unquestioning trust in thier leadership

NOT PRESENT
Unless there’s someone trolling around that I had no idea had an ‘unquestioning following’, or wanted one, and I can’t think of a single BLAG member that has that, your “cult” just fell over into butthurt bullshit right there.

• Leaders are often seen as prophets, apostles, or special individuals with unusual connections to God. This helps a person give themselves over psychologically to trusting someone else for their spiritual welfare.
  • Increased submission to the leadership is rewarded with additional responsibilities and/or roles, and/or praises, increasing the importance of the person within the group.

THE ENTIRE POINT OF THIS SITE TO TO HELP PEOPLE LEARN HOW TO NOT GIVE AWAY POWER LIKE THIS
Do you own inner work, your own divination, trust yourself. I sound like a cracked record saying this over and over to the people asking others to interpret thier dreams, thier experiences, instead of figuring it out.

1. Exclusivity
  1. Their group is the only true religious system

BALG IS NOT A RELIGION, ASKS FOR NO DEVOTION, MAKES NO CLAIMS TO BEING THE ONE TWUE WAY
It’s just a social forum.

Persecution complex

1. Us against them mentality. Therefore, when someone (inside or outside of the group) corrects the group in doctrine and/or behavior, it is interpreted as persecution, which then is interpreted as validation.

THERE’S NO ONE CONSENSUS OF OPINION HERE. WE DISAGREE ALL THE TIME, AND THAT’S OK
What doctrine? Oh right, there isn’t one.

Control

1. Control of members’ actions and thinking through repeated indoctrination and/or threats of loss of salvation, or a place to live, or receiving curses from God, etc.

BALG HAS ZERO CONTROL OVER ANY MEMBER.
You don’t like it here, feel free to never launch this website again, no-one will say a dicky bird to you.

Isolation

1. Minimizing contact of church members with those outside the group. This facilitates a further control over the thinking and practices of the members by the leadership.

YOU’D BETTER NOT BE TALKING TO YOUR ACTUAL FAMILY AFTER YOU JOINED
Said no-one ever.
Well… I PERSONALLY say, “no pearls before swine” - not don’t talk to people. Also, what those pearls are, is your business. That’s LHP in general, not a BLAG thing. See the no-doctrine entry.

Love Bombing

1. Showing great attention and love to a person in the group by others in the group, to help transfer emotional dependence to the group.

Cos we’re all so fluffy and sweet here? Right. 'Nuff said.
Aw, are you emotional about BALG @Rav? Say it ain’t so and stop being a pussy.

Special Knowledge

1. Instructions and/or knowledge are sometimes said to be received by a leader(s) from God. This leader then informs the members.
  2. The Special Knowledge can be received through visions, dreams, or new interpretations of sacred scriptures such as the Bible.

THERE’S NO LEADER
But in any case, since every member IS a god, and can do this equally, this is moot.

Indoctrination

1. The teachings of the group are repeatedly drilled into the members, but the indoctrination usually occurs around Special Knowledge.

AND THERE’S STILL NO DOCTRINE

Salvation

1. Salvation from the judgment of God is maintained through association and/or submission with the group, its authority, and/or its Special Knowledge.

NO!
DO AS THOU WILT IS THE WHOLE OF THE LAW
Salvation is made up xtian bullshit, it doesn’t exist. Neither does damnation, repentance or sin.

Group Think

1. The group’s coherence is maintained by the observance to policies handed down from those in authority.
  2. There is an internal enforcement of policies by members who reward “proper” behavior, and those who perform properly are rewarded with further inclusion and acceptance by the group.

THERE’S. NO. DOCTRINE. :sleeping:
Keeping the forum rules isn’t a big ask and doesn’t get you any rewards other than not getting banned. Healthy boundaries that maintain the site’s very culture are not doctrine. Having a culture is not bad.

Cognitive Dissonance

1. Avoidance of critical thinking and/or maintaining logically impossible beliefs and/or beliefs that are inconsistent with other beliefs held by the group.

OH WE’RE ALL CRAZY ACCORDING THIS THE GUY THAT WROTE THESE CRITERIA.
I got nothing

1. Avoidance of and/or denial of any facts that might contradict the group’s belief system.
  • Shunning

THERE’S NO DOCTRINE!

Gender Roles

1. Control of gender roles and definitions.
  2. Severe control of gender roles sometimes leads to sexual exploitation.

STILL NOPE.

Appearance Standards
Often a common appearance is required and maintained. For instance, women might wear prairie dresses, and/or their hair in buns, and/or no makeup, and/or the men might all wear white short-sleeved shirts, and/or without beards, or all wear beards.

ER…

See what I mean? Where’s the cult at, again?

How about we don’t bandy around serious accusations without even understanding what they mean?

10 Likes

But how can anyone trust your information if they have no evidence of the very thing that has prompted you to make this post?

1 Like

I just replied with infos above. :+1:

3 Likes

Logic is hard.

3 Likes

Much obliged.

3 Likes

And no author associated with BALG, including that one is a cult leader either.
Apply the same criteria and think about it.

5 Likes

I also want to repeat that I would apply those same rules to literally any group working (provided within rules, aka not naming someone as a target for a curse, or political, or “Let’s sic COVID-19 on someone” since that’s new) FOR any member, and needless to say, that would be regardless of whether I personally like them or dislike them, or agree with their work, or not.

It is what it is and I explained the full thing in that 2nd link above. I do not intend to waste more time explaining it.

6 Likes

Except for me. I demand blind allegiance - always have and always will!

I also demand that you send your full name, DOB, bank details (all of these) plus your plastic card stuff to me by way of a personal message. Deep down we both know that it’s the right thing to do, so why waste precious time in hesitation? Do it now.

Al.

13 Likes

Jawohl!! Will you accept US dollars as opposed to Australian currency?

4 Likes

Have you not created a logical fallacy here?

4 Likes

Lol AI is funny. Purple has gentle energy, I don’t know if you’re a guy or a girl and unsure what to refer you as, but Purple has always been one to shed light on numerous topics at hand that others don’t bothering wavering about. Unquestionably brings controversial to the forum but every forum needs a character like Purple.

I also didn’t quite catch on as that thread C. K created as being anything cult-like; and that’s because he is no coercive by nature — he does not carry that malicious intent with him at all rather through reading the experiences he went through, it can provided point clear otherwise to why he’d either take up it being a ‘cult’ like following rather a participation to persuade that who feel urge for the work.

3 Likes

Truth be told; most people are followers, or are in need of something to follow, if not someone; then it’ll be a trend in culture that’ll identify with their belief systems.

I don’t have much covered on the topic at hand besides seeing others proving C. K devising his workings without no actual privilege but he does he’s published and he gets majority’s respect in that appeal. If it weren’t for the reputation build up, then he wouldn’t be seen as the C K for who he is.

I have no interest in joining that conquest, to me I would rather focus on my own mental incapacity to solve than indulge in group work with randoms online I probably wouldn’t relate to half the time. Lol oh people

6 Likes

It all makes sense now. I thought I saw “I pledge blind allegiance to Uncle-Al” as a checkbox on the sign up sheet. Rats!

Fool me twice, shame on me.

I don’t know that I’d agree that BALG has a cult mentality. I think it has some grey areas that are hard to manage. I think that it has a medium-low tolerance for bullshit, and I have to say I’ve been following the “tea” from the sidelines and I have to admit that this is a very tricky situation for mods to navigate. Unfortunately in a space like this, things aren’t black and white. On one end, I think a fact that is commonly missed on rant posts is that this is still a website owned by a publisher and obviously there is going to be liabilities that need to be considered on sites like this.

On the other hand, I post some outlandish shit, but I’ve never had any real backlash other than a troll or two, and even then at the end of it we went our separate ways and it’s been gucci. I have to admit, it’s about knowing your audience. It’s pretty easy to find trends that people generally don’t like, and it’s important to see that people—like those who participate in organized religion—are going to have their own biases or opinions based on their own experiences. Honestly most of the rebuttals or disagreements I’ve come across started because someone can’t back themselves up or panic. I’ll admit it’s hard, because I’ve succumbed to that myself a few times in the past. I’m not sure of your experiences (If anyone has had a bad experience I am sorry to hear that), but I can only speak from my own.

All I’m saying, I can sympathize with some of the pushback on the thread that has everyone up in arms right now, but I can also sympathize with the fact that the original poster made his statement on the matter and stopped responding. I agree with Eva’s stance on the matter, simply because what they’re doing doesn’t affect me if I don’t participate. If someone else wants to, cool, but it’s not for me based on the limited info I have. Valid points were made, and we got answers for them. We might not like the answers but it is what it is. :woman_shrugging:t2::woman_shrugging:t2:

5 Likes

As a ‘why-don’t-you-go-penetrate-yourself’ left hand pather I don’t want followers. The only reason I post stuff is to try to help out, because there’s so many of them and so few of us. Followers are great, provided they keep their distance. I’m in this life for me and my advancement - ‘that I will one day walk with Satan; In His world, with His Bride; And that I will become greater than the mortal I am leaving behind; the mortal which must die that a God will be born!’

The true lhp is selfish and utterly isolating. I don’t care whether you achieve Godhood and why should I? It’s hard enough for me without being distracted.

Al.

6 Likes