Daily Workings for beginners

Since it seems like people are having trouble getting started, I’ve decided to set up a small beginners routine that could help you develop the basic skills necessary to get started in magic. Because of the differing time constraints I won’t post any set period of time to do any of these, nor will I post them in any order, simply work out what would be best for your schedule and incorporate it into your life.

MEDITATION ON SYNCHRONICITIES AND MEANINGS

Go through the list of events that have happened to you in your past, from most recent going further back. Focus in on the little details and notice everything you can about any particular memory, what was your motivation to do what you did? Does it make sense now? Why or why not? Do you remember any other similar or exact instances of this occuring?

Afterwards, when you’ve identified the key occurrences in your life, focus all your concentration on deciding whether they’re necessary or un-necessary, good or bad, worth keeping or not worth keeping.

After you’ve decided that, hone in on the causes of it as well as what it would mean in your life if it should continue onwards. Is a particular action the cause of it? Or perhaps a place or condition? Or maybe an entity constantly reaches out to you that way? What does this tell you about the nature of the cause? How can you use this to stop or enhance it?

Its very important to be honest with yourself, whatever you determine to be the truth, and work with that instead of denying it or spinning it to be something it’s not.

Even more important is to understand what parts of it are caused by your own actions and inactions, and what parts can be changed for the better in those instances, what consequences your actions will have, and the inter-relationship of whatever the situation is to everything else.

USE DIVINATION TO REVEAL MORE LAYERS.
RECEIVING MESSAGES

Once a day, look into a black mirror or any other scrying surface, and ask if the spirits have any messages for you. Simply let them come to you and contemplate them slowly.

USE DIVINATION TO REVEAL MORE LAYERS.

PRAYERS TO THE ANCESTORS

Your ancestors are the backbone to what you currently are, therefore its wise to communicate with them and take their guidance.

I recommend setting up an altar to your ancestors, simply have a table with a white cloth on it, A few images of your ancestors or things that symbolise them like family heirlooms, then offer them a glass of water, and sit there receiving their messages in meditation. Be sure to keep the altar clean of course.

BANISHING

Perform IAM’s Solar Banishing ritual (google it, I’m not sure if I’m allowed to link it here) to clear you and your surroundings of the hostile entities and the trash that accumulates, ensuring that they don’t cause you any harm.

SINGLE-POINTED MEDITATION

Take any object, preferably one that has some positive meaning to you, and focus in on it completely, putting all your attention on it’s qualities and nothing else, focus on how it would feel, taste, smell, look, sound (yes, sound, its vibration), whether its hollow or filled, what it’s relationship to its surrounding is (is it leaning on something, on top of something, supporting something etc) until you are fully absorbed in the object.

This improves ability to project, invoke, evoke, and empathy abilities.

SELF-TRANSFORMATION

It’s likely that the previous exercises would give you something you would want to change about yourself, or that you already currently would like to change about yourself.

First, put your attention on “yourself”, understand that from the moment you were created, the moment of your end has arisen in conjunction with it, and along the way you constantly change and evolve, never really being the same person from moment to moment.

Therefore, with this understanding of your non-objectivity in mind, focus in on the situations where you exhibited the things you want to change, saying to yourself each situation, “I will not be this”.

Afterwards, focus on yourself in your new state in which you are rid of the quality, focus on how you will act in the future, and say “I am this”, bonus points if you use the image of whatever god or goddess you consider to already have those qualities invoked, and see you-as-them in the new state.

When you’ve done enough of this to fully “solidify” the new you in your mind, step out of your body, and into that one, do a few movements in the perspective of that body (raise your hands, hop, whatever) physically until you fully internalize that that’s the real you now.

USE DIVINATION TO REVEAL THE RESULTS FIRST, DON’T SCREW YOURSELF UP.

CHANGING OF SITUATIONS

Any situation you want to change, start by focusing on your motivations for wanting to change them, how “true” your motivations are, and if not completely true the motivations beneath those, until you reach the point where you don’t have a motivation but rather a sense of nothingness (this helps with releasing lust of results as well as getting you the strongest and truest base possible for the next part).

Then, focus on how you want those situations to change, and what exactly needs to happen for those situations to change.

Focus on your inner divinity, the true you inside of you that’s completely “holy” no matter what situation you happen to be in, this is the part of you that’s the most divine, the most truly you you there is. your inner god or goddess or HGA if you will.

externalize it, projecting it outwards from yourself, and ask for its intervention and help in fixing your problems, as well as its wisdom in avoiding those problems in the future.

This is to help you develop a relationship with your HGA in a practical manner as well as help you get over the mental block of using magic to do things that some beginners seem to have.

USE DIVINATION TO REVEAL THE RESULTS FIRST, DON’T SCREW YOURSELF UP.

CONCLUSION

Alright, I sort of made these from scratch without any planning to put them into a routine as you can probably see, but that should cover most bases that need to be covered to get you on the path to actually doing things and gaining basic skills necessary.

I didn’t include energy working or anything like that in there directly because after awhile of the practices you should gain the basic skills necessary eg. receiving messages, talking to entities, Changing situations, communicating with your most divine self as well as visualisation and sensing energy, single-pointed meditation, sensing energy, projection, invocation and evocation, empathy, banishing, energy work, introduction to the suns energy and therefore introduction to planetary magic, self transformation etc etc etc.

However don’t be afraid to add those routines in there as well, I didn’t because I didn’t want anyone to feel restricted to doing specific things to develop in their abilities directly.

Tell me if I missed anything because I’m just spewing these without thinking and am not exactly using a checklist.

OH AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST REMEMBER THAT SPIRITS ARE ALWAYS GOING TO GIVE BETTER INFORMATION THAN THAT RANDOM GUY WHO’S GIVING GENERAL ADVICE ON THE INTERNET, SO THEREFORE IF ONE YOU WORK WITH TELLS YOU TO ADD SOMETHING OR WHATEVER, DO IT.

48 Likes

Much appreciated, thanks.

2 Likes

FYI I AM’s Solar Banishing is available on here:

Good recommendations!

8 Likes

Excellent post and advice. :+1:

Great post. Like given.

thank you for taking the time to write this, it is much needed for me since i am new and confused

Hats Off!