D.I.Y Talismans

Can anyone guide me through creating my very own talisman from scratch please? I’ve studied aspects of sigils and charging but i would love to hear how others go about creating them in their own unique ways.

Also, i do know that the preferred materials are Gold and or silver can stainless steel be used?

Welcome @K.C It is a rule of this forum for all new members to properly introduce themselves, so PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW and tell us about yourself and any experience you may have in magick, such as what you practice, how long you have practiced, areas of interest, etc:

intro3

1 Like

It depends on the tradition you’re working with. If you’re gonna use the 44 Pentacles of King Solomon, you’d ideally use the metal that corresponds to the planet (for example, use iron for the pentacles of Mars or lead for those of Saturn). A lot of people prefer to just print or draw the pentacles on paper nowadays, though. As for the activation and charging, Baal Kadmon gives a detailed step-by-step in his book, The Magickal Talismans of King Solomon.

When I create talismans for my friends, I often use crystals because they already have intrinsic properties. I just cleanse them and bless them in the name of the appropriate deity, and then anoint them with oils.

3 Likes

Thank youu

Quick talisman tutorial: (edit to suit the energy you want the object to carry)

2 Likes

A great talisman to start with that can be fine tuned to whatever you need or want is a mojo/spell bag. They are super easy and inexpensive to make but you can also add lots of fancy and expensive ingredients if you really want to. Magick squares on paper, bind runes, and sigils are also all great options.

3 Likes

I have a question regarding planetary squares. Aside from using them as talismans, can we use kameas to call upon the planet and its powers or do we still have to do the whole conjuration rituals with all the seals (planet, angel, intelligence, spirit)?

1 Like

When I do planetary magick or consecrate a planetary square/seal, I like to make it short and sweet. I’ll select a candle of the right color, the right day to do the ritual, and a good hymn or chant to use during the ritual. I’ll pray to the planetary energy and burn the candle while chanting the hymn or chant. Gazing at the square or seal during this is also to be done.

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

You can simply use a piece of paper, draw the planet symbol/seal or sigil you want, adding the color and perfume that match your intend and place in somewhere safe :wink:

1 Like