Curious on Evocation

When I first started working with my Patron, I was relying purely on intuitive contact. That was a mistake. I was having some severe blocks getting any information from him that was truly outside the realm of what I already knew. As my emotions and ego kept getting in the way. He very bluntly said to me; “I’m beating a dead horse trying to talk to you through your ego, Evoke me and we shall speak further.”

So considering that I have had more then one spirit tell me to evoke them, I must disagree with the fact that they somehow find it disrespectful

3 Likes

Alister crowley’s version with the blasting rod and godnames is what is disrespectful. Because that’s how it was written by crowley. New age mages think its disrespectful to use a blasting rod and godnames against a demon to force it to obey you.

Nowadays alot of mages think that a demon evocation is like calling up a friend, or it’s just not dangerous.

WHICH IT IS dangerous.

1 Like

I read on a blog somewhere that once you know the number and dial it through whatever device be it a pool, mirror, orb, talisman, ring, etc etc it is like a phone call or teleconferencing. Invocation can take a lot more energy they said and is like uh… basically beyond sex where they are right there smack into your being. And I heard not all beings like being evoked just like not all like being evoked. I guess that leaves astral travel and dreams to work with some but I wouldn’t have the foggiest based on blogs alone. Its their opinion and I just don’t know.

Side question: what’s wrong with being a demonolatoor?

https://occult-study.org/basics-of-demonolatry/

I know the idea for some is to be worshipped rather than worship but doesn’t this work for some? I hardly think it ties you eternally to a being if you’re conscripting yourself to the entity for however long until you feel you can ascend. But again, I don’t know. I know obsession can lead to addiction and that can tear you apart so perhaps the same is with any sort of worship/reverence. I’m just looking at the scope of eternity (a concept one can’t get to the end of since its like forever) and the fact you’ll probably change up what you are and do throughout such an existence.

I wouldn’t say it IS dangerous, but it certainly CAN be! It isn’t the wisest assumption that a spirit will be all chummy with you when you call it. Some most certainly will be. But some need herculean amounts of etiquette and protocol. That’s why you need to ease into things and start developing an energetic rapport with the spirit before you call it. A friend of mine Evoked Focolor to help her with an enemy. She didn’t take the time to establish rapport, and rushed into the evocation relatively blind. Well, she had her first full bodied physical manifestation during that rite. and according to her The first words out of Focolor’s mouth was “Why shouldn’t I kill you where you stand?”. Even though she was understandably terrified, she managed to talk her way out of it with grace, which Focolor appeared to think was impressive. Ever since, they have had a good working relationship with him. But she was truly (and rightfully) scared for her life. Apparently Focolor DID mean his words as a test, BUT he was totally serious about what the consequences would be if she had failed.

So please be careful and respectful. The entities are real, and they have self respect. so don’t treat them like attack dogs

2 Likes

There’s nothing wrong with being a demonolator. It is a valid religious path. However, acting like it is the only way to deal with demons is ridiculous and an outright denial of millennia of magical tradition.

S. Connolly causes a lot of confusion, in that the definitions of evocation and invocation in her work differ from the traditional definitions found outside of her religion, so if a beginner picks up a non demonolatry based book, it could leave them even more befuddled.

3 Likes

Ah, so hopefully a newb doesn’t pick up her books first and NOT reference and compare and study other works. Is there a thread on S. Connolly and her success? I guess I could google it or use the search engine.

There’s nothing wrong with it if that’s your thing. I’m LHP so I don’t believe in the traditional concepts of right and wrong as normally presented (but you should find out your own code to know who you are). However, certain currents will work better or worse for you based on how you jive.

I personally could never (and would never) be a part of a system where I am forced to bow and scrape to another being, so that likely wouldn’t work for me. Respect is one thing. Worship is another. I have mad respect for King Paimon who has helped me out a lot, but don’t worship him as my god.

Some others feel more comfortable being in a system where they need to worship something to ascend. You do you. I just prefer a path that doesn’t involve worship. There are different effective paths for different people. It’s almost like Magick! :wink:

S. Connolly is very knowledgeable, and a good writer. She has contributed to the Azazel Compendium for BALG, and is a skilled magician of over 30 years experience. I have purchased some of her books, and have used some of her techniques. I just happen to disagree with some of her opinions on certain things, that’s all.

Any good magician should be able to separate the magick from personal opinion, and evaluate it based on their own experience. One does not have to slavishly follow to respect the work.

From this whole story. I would just be justified in my words. The cool thing about being older is you see the silliness in peoples approach. I have had many demons and entities attack me or test me just to teach me respect.
My first ever pact with azazel is forever engrained in my mind because I was called in to fulfill my part of the deal. And when I didnt I paid the price. I still to this day fear and respect demons. I love Lucifer of all of the demons. He taught me what I know today

1 Like

Interesting…