Curious Altar Set Up

So I’ve been working with two Daemons for quite a few years now but I work with them both towards the same goal. I’m curious if it’s a good idea to have them both just be on the same altar. Obviously one of them won’t be facing towards his direction/home. Would this be a problem?. I just find it’d be easier to decorate and give offerings and decorate the altar in this manner.

I’m sure they’re just happy you gave them an alter in the first place. Whatever you want to do to make things more convenient aside from that is acceptable.

2 Likes

Yes, it is fine for more than one spirit to share space on an altar, as long as that altar is not specifically dedicated to one of them or consecrated to a specific power.

Most people cannot afford to have a dedicated altar to every spirit they work with, so having offerings for each on a single altar is the usual way of doing it.

However, if the altar is consecrated to a specific Power, for example, if you have a wealth altar, you can have a petition to Jupiter, a consecrated statue of Lakshmi, and the seal of Bune together on it but it would not be a good idea to also include any baneful spirits you work with as that would disrupt the energy of the whole thing and most likely anger the wealth spirits.

3 Likes

Wonderful! That clears everything up!

1 Like

My devotional altar is dedicated to five entities (though Hekate being more prominent) with their sigils prominently displayed (once again Hekate has a portrait with her sigil on her forehead, others just have framed sigils) Has been working quite well for me.

3 Likes

I want to step up my altar by getting plants which correlate with the beings and to always get framed sigils as well! I feel like it’s a great way to show devotion.

1 Like

I just get roses for the altar once a week. Plants don’t really thrive in my ritual room, no sunlight and the incense smoke probably ain’t good for them

1 Like

Ayee same

2 Likes