Cults of Death

Does anyone here work with any of these cults of death?

Guede, Santisima Muerte, San La Muerte?

I heard in Dantes recent interview a family member worked with Santisima Muerte. Can you share any experiences and the relation to Vodoun?

I work with death energies and use aspects of these traditions a lot but I am not an initiate of any of them. I hope to see some interesting responses here.

Nop. Here where I live (Buenos Aires, Argentina), the Santísima Muerte cult seems to be very popular among thiefs and delincuents in general. And inmates. They promise “her” to honor and worship her in trade of protection (not getting caught while doing their things in the streets, protection in the case they go to jail).Many of them have tattoos representing her. I ve thought about it but personally I didnt find it appealing.

A Bokor from New Orleans I talked to said the very same thing.

I still like Santa Muerte though, I find her appealing on a personal level even though I don’t care to join any of the usual groups that honor her.

I work quite a bit with San La Muerte, the male Holy Saint of Death.
There is indeed a very dark aspect as well as extremely enlightening.
I do healings as well as curses within this necromantic cult. I’m sure like with any cult and path it’s not for everyone.

As my abulitia would say, "Anyone who works with Santisima Muerte will never acknowledge it to the public. She sings her sweet songs, and once a year we sing to her.’

Very interesting, Dante. Obviously there are many who indeed acknowledge it but I bet they stand on the outer courts so to speak. I’ve never approached Her myself but find Her rather intriguing. I have however heard of peoples shit getting really messed up by foolishly confusing Her with Him in ritual. lol

Well Seňor la Muerte dresses the same, so how do you know ? :smiley:

In regards to San La Muerte there is a public face and a secret face for believers. The truly dedicated believers will work in silence hence they are the secret face who will have higher enlightenment to San La Muerte.

The cult of Qayin, which has not been mentioned shares some similarities with San La Muerte but must not be confused with the same entity. Master Qayin is the first Reaper, the first to spill blood by killing his brother Abel. He has many faces and enlightenment will be given to those who are dedicated enough to serve him. Serving Master Qayin cannot be done in a half assed way as he does require certain things on a regular basis to prove your faith to him. As far as the rituals are concerned they can be more demanding. I’ll say no more on the matter.

Nice post, Sadie. I’ve served the holy Master Qayin for sometime, though normally refer it as SLM. Exu Tata Caveira I think is what most in Argentina who practice connect with SLM in the outer courts of the Arte.

Just to make it clear for those who may read this thread and are not familiar with these cults, Santa Muerte and San La Muerte or Señor La Muerte are not the same.

Santa Muerte is much more forgiving and has a gentler energy. If you are working with San La Muerte you better know what the hell you are doing or you will get burned. The energies of San La Muerte are much, much darker and requires consistent devotion. Meaning, you can’t call on him only when you need help or feel like it. If you work with him, he becomes some of your main focus.

[quote=“Bitterroot, post:11, topic:335”]Just to make it clear for those who may read this thread and are not familiar with these cults, Santa Muerte and San La Muerte or Señor La Muerte are not the same.

Santa Muerte is much more forgiving and has a gentler energy. If you are working with San La Muerte you better know what the hell you are doing or you will get burned. The energies of San La Muerte are much, much darker and requires consistent devotion. Meaning, you can’t call on him only when you need help or feel like it. If you work with him, he becomes some of your main focus.[/quote]

Very true. Even some of the acknowledgments blessed on the devotee can be disturbing. All workings of all nature can be done with His blessings, even though the current is deeply rooted in some rather hot Klifotic energies. I’ve heard people criticize the exoteric format as “made up” but traditions grow and Brujeria type workings are naturally of a free form style where divination and dark empathy guide. The spirits of the current are the true teachers.

182/333

That is not uncommon for someone practicing magic, etc. Crows are very intelligent, as well as sensitive to energy. They will recognize you immediately, and it is possible to develop a personal relationship with them. They have an incredible memory and can recognize you after not seeing you for many years.

If you are open and sensitive enough, you can begin to communicate with them. This has nothing to do with any particular current.

It is very common for powerful Sadhus in India to have groups of crows follow them around, which they speak to often and give tasks to. Sadhus even claim there is a special crow language. I imagine witches that live deep in nature and communicate regularly with local spirits have very similar experiences.

I grew up around a culture deeply affectiomate of LSM, and i bought a few of her pendants before, but i never really worked with her. As a matter of fact, i honestly just took her for some astral egregore made of peoples collective beleif/devotion to her at the very mosy, until my encounter with her. I was just wandering through a dream blindly and unconsciously, and then suddenly for no appearent reason whatsoever i became highly lucid and when i looked around at my surroundings i was in some sort of underground tunnel, like a subway station. I looked across and on the other side was a barely visible form of what appeared to be a woman in a veil/headcovering and as i peered closer the lights? Flickered and i saw her face was a skull. Despite the frightening reality of the situation, and i still dont k ow why i did this, i sort of knelt and zaid something like “bless me dark mother” and without saying a word the entity nodded, began to fade awY.and i woke up, which wasnt like waking up from a dream but more like walking out of a dark room into daylight. The street i live on is said to be ‘owned’ by La Santisima Muerte because of several botanicas and art shops dedicated to her and the dio de los muertos festival is celebrated here every year in november. Every time i go walking i always see her image whether its a seemingly out of place tattoo on a beautiful woman or a decal on someones car window…her statues seem to just stick oit in the shop windows too. Its a very strange place though as well. Homeless people lost from drugs shreik in the empty streets at night wandering with empty eyes and transsexuals linger around the few bars…

I have heard Santisima Muerte is hard to work with and does not work with just anyone, is this true?

I work with Santisima Muerte extensively. She is greatly revered over in Mexico. She is picky about what she likes and she is not just some overly dark shadow like many people consider her (though she definitely can be).

I really couldnt tell you because I havent worked with her, she just kind of came to me bit I never followed up…doubt that I will at this point.

Can anyone refer me to some good reading material in English for San la Muerte and or Santa Muerte besides Liber Falxifer? I saw the book Devoted to Death: Santa Muerte the Skeleton Saint but am not sure how far it goes into actual devotion consecration rites and so forth.

I’m interested in TOBL’s works with San La Muerte as well but have read that they try to make San La Muerte sound overly evil and do not view him in the traditional sense.

I’d just like to see some different points of view before deciding which tradition may resonate with me more if I do decide to devote myself.

Liber Falxifer has nothing to do with Santa Murete. The TFC presents an initiated tradition that was born out of another cult of death, through the direct gnosis of The Master. I’m not sure another book is out that works the same connection as Exu Tata Caveria is most recognized as SLM in Argentina, but not the same as The Master Qayin. There may be some traditional Brujeria books that see the Qayin connection. As far as it appearing overly evil, Qayin is the bringer of the Black Light. The incarnation of damnation, the divine son of Samael. He’s a very serious force.

And I’ve not yet read it, but Conjureman Ali has a book on Santa Muerte. I think it’s just a pamphlet with prayers and some ritual outlines to establish a working relationship. :slight_smile: