Cthulhu, Slenderman, Urban Creatures

I think lovecraftian entities have an undeserved bad rep. People tend to say that they drive you mad, but the reality is, in my experience, very different.
Lovecraftian gods have a huge amount of knowledge and, as with other areas of magic, it’s the rapid acquisition of the knowledge that actually harms the practitioner. The pantheon doesn’t second guess you. If you say you’re ready for knowledge, they will give you knowledge. The problem arises only when people over estimate their current capabilities.
I’d liken it to that scene out of Indiana Jones, the one with the aliens. The woman asks for knowledge, so the aliens grant her it. They were only doing what she asked, it was her own greed that was her undoing.

6 Likes

He isn’t wrong.

2 Likes
1 Like

That is something to take into consideration. I knew about the stabbing before but knowing what the accused claimed I strongly believe that they didn’t have a full understanding of Slenderman. Firstly they claimed he had a mansion which isn’t exactly true, the mansion in Creepypasta is a cheesy fanfic way of gathering multiple characters. Slenderman is a Creepypasta but also he also has his own mythos. He also travels from forest to forest, even across countries (how else would he get a German name?)

2 Likes

Interesting insight. Thank you, perhaps these entities are worth working with.

3 Likes

Sometimes knowledge is the goal. I’d like to know why Cthulhu seems like a popular occult subject. I would also like to know how compatible folklore and other mythos entities are with magic. If I don’t get good results I’ll stop doing the magic.

2 Likes

Same here.

2 Likes

I mean, I already work with a goddess who was born of fire, created the desert just by breathing, and killed off a large swath of the Egyptian population with rage so great she had to be stopped by getting tricked to drink beer by making it look like blood. What did I get from her? She actually is a really great healer and got rid of my pain entirely for two whole weeks! So I’m actually somewhat indifferent to the whole murder people stuff some of these entities are attributed to. The stories are only real if you make them real.

2 Likes

Sabah, pm me I’d you’ve any specific questions.

Same to you The Storm.

2 Likes

hhaha exactly what i was thinking and my reasoning for saying I believe a relationship could be developed. Why is the Lovecraftian pantheon so powerful?

1 Like

What if one of these entities seeks you out? If their power is baneful magic or death and destruction and they are just downright creepy. What if they want to be your guide or teacher and wont take no for an answer.

2 Likes

People are bound by what they define as their reality. If you think they’re bloodcurdling monsters, that’s what they will appear to you as. If you wish to think that, I will not stop you.

I encourage everyone to figure out the truth about the Lovecraftian pantheon, the aliens, etc. For themselves. However if anyone has questions, I’ll answer them to the best of my capabilities

You need death and destruction at some point, personal or not. “Do wierd shit, wierd shit happens.”[quote=“Sophia444, post:31, topic:16401”]
What if they want to be your guide or teacher and wont take no for an answer.
[/quote]

Spirits pick the practitioner.

6 Likes

What nagathex says are wise words, in my case i did alot of work with nyarlathotep and cthulhu with my search for knowledge and work on gaining wisdom regarding the nature of reality. They have acted as guides for a few years from what i can tell.
The most intense works i find myself in always seemed to start with synchronicity regarding these 2 specifically for me. Regardless if its work with them directly.

I got to the point where nyarlathotep lead me toward the path of smoke and told me to evolve a bit and then come back so i dont as he put it “melt my brain” with his and the old ones teachings. So thats what i did.

Things have only gotten more intense in the few months ive been doing the work. I find this work to benefit me greatly regardless of the challanges i face. I am evolving, which is the aim.

Also the moment i commited myself to dive deep and explore this current was when i realized that the meditations that both of these old ones a gave me to commune with them are almost identical to the practice of kunda yoga. This was over a month before i had ever heard of kurtis and his work.

3 Likes

In what form did the knowledge come in?

1 Like

I need information on that ironically.

1 Like

Ussally being lead to sources to study or meditation to do. These have help lay the foundations of the more complex rituals i do for alchemy.

3 Likes

The path of smoke refers to the work in black magic of ahriman, i am currently working on the side that focuses more on alchemical work.

3 Likes

With all that being said i wont deny the work ive done has lead to weeks to a few months just raw chaos in certain aspects of my life over the years and moments where so much clicks where im left asking " did i break my brain for a bit?" But im still here still moving forward and growing for the better so thw answer is still no lol

4 Likes

I’ve done some stuff with Slender-man before, and its not as bad as some people make it out to be . He appeared to me in his generic appearance ( abnormally tall. long arms and legs no face and pale as can be) He helped me get revenge on someone. Hes actually quite gentlemanly if you respect him.

1 Like

I’ve got a couple of experiences you might like to know about. There are these creatures I and others have seen that I call “fear feasters” I classify them under my own definition of “bogeymen” (non-demonic entities/creatures that feed on human fear and may or may not have a representation within folklore). My roommate and I came across one of these fear feasters in an abandoned building once while looking for a place to use my Ouija board. Upon seeing the building from the car my roommate said they felt a serious malice coming from the building, like being stared down. Having seen them focused on the building itself when saying that, I closed my eyes and focused on the building, and in the dark, I saw the outline of a tall thin humanoid shape without any distinctive details until I could tell the figure was turning more profile then I saw the outline of an open mouth and large teeth. I immediately drove off, trying not to flee in an obviously fearful way. When we got home we salted, blessed, and inscense’d the house and tried to avoid the topic for the rest of the day, so as not to draw attention to ourselves. ( as is I’m trying to keep a calm mind while typing as these are the kind of talk about them and they’ll know creatures) Before that my sister had called me one night telling me she was currently looking at a tall lanky figure in her room with a dark body and no face, it didn’t directly approach her and stayed in the corner (I wish I had her gift of sight and could actually see things as part of my normal vision) she continued to describe the creature and we discussed it until it moved and she reacted, I told her to get it out of there and she burned it, but rather than collapse like most creatures she’s ignited before, the fear feaster just disappeared.
In a vision I’ve seen these creatures and learned more about them, they look similar to the slender man, some even having tendrils, but they possess a large wide mouth with large jagged teeth and have a more angular position to their head, like a xenomorph almost. and they don’t wear clothes so much as their body is just dark and not very distinguishable making them appear to be wearing all black.