Cthulhu, Slenderman, Urban Creatures

Anyone want to share their experiences with entities connected to the Cthulhu mythos, internet Creepypastas or urban legends? I’m really interested in working with these kinds of creatures because I like thriller/horror stuff.

How much do they fuck with your mind? I’d imagine they’d be nightmarish but hell I’m actually a really weird Slenderman fan. Seriously I used to draw the circle with the big X through it on my arms just because it looked cool. Connecting to Slenderman or even becoming something like a proxy would be an honor for me. I’ve also been looking into actually reading Lovecraft…

9 Likes

Yeah, I don’t work with egregores that are patterned after fictional entities that want to do any of the following to you: murder you, eat you, rape you, skullfuck you, mind-erase you, drive you completely insane, enslave your spirit and kill your body, or tapdance over your entrails.

Why would you want to work with something like that when there are much more reasonable entities that can accomplish your goals just as well, or more likely better due to them not being nearly as batshit?

5 Likes

I think @Nagathex could offer some insight.

4 Likes

@Anziel_Merkaba Mostly, agreed with you. For most circumstances their’s probably a safer way. If you just want to curse someone to death or cause them horrible suffering you should probably find another entity. However, if you want to embody pure darkness you need to work with it and I can see why someone could want to work with these entities precisely because they want to “murder you, eat you, rape you, skullfuck you, mind-erase you, drive you completely insane, enslave your spirit and kill your body, or tapdance over your entrails.” Not saying it’s recommended, but just saying that if you want to take pure evil into yourself this might be the way to do it.

5 Likes

@TheStorm why would you ever need to be an avatar of pure malevolence? I mean, sure an invocation of one of these entities would be useful for some very nasty baneful stuff, but is it really worth the risk just for that little extra bit of nasty?

2 Likes

@Anziel_Merkaba Honestly, I don’t know. Hence why I said I wouldn’t recommend it (I seriously don’t know anything). I was just providing a possibility.

1 Like

I get you. I’m sure there are some pretty interesting things that they can do, but I still wouldn’t go to a pub with them.

3 Likes

I’m not quite sure they would treat the summoner with the same “murder you, eat you, rape you, skullfuck you, mind-erase you, drive you completely insane, enslave your spirit and kill your body, or tapdance over your entrails.” intentions in mind. I feel like they could still be reasoned with and more so create a quite deep relationship.

5 Likes

I won’t type out all of my thoughts immediately because I’m busy, but don’t knock it until you try it. This isn’t meant to be offensive, but I find it hilarious that everyone is so willing to work with a demon that is said to kill, eat and rape, and will accept that demon, but can’t extend the same courtesy to anything else.

12 Likes

I’ve had the demons are benevolent message drilled into me so much that I think I can honestly proselytise about the grace of Hell as well as any Christian can about Jesus. Quite frankly the first thing that comes to mind when I think demon these days is an image of a benevolent deity.

2 Likes

So, why not give something else a chance?

4 Likes

@Nagathex Point taken. Maybe I should work with them before drawing any conclusions. Any suggestions on a (preferably safe) way to start?

1 Like

Well what are you trying to do? Are you walking the Lovecraftian path? Also the Lovecraftian pantheon is one of the strongest ones out there, just a small note.[quote=“TheStorm, post:12, topic:16401”]
preferably safe
[/quote]

90% of danger comes from you.

5 Likes

Another thing I will note is S Ben Qayin. He works with Cthulhu mythos deities, he’s just fine.

7 Likes

I have absolutely no knowledge of any of these sorts of paths so I couldn’t give an answer

No

So it’s safe as long as you treat them respectfully, and don’t try to do something you can’t handle? That’s the general message I got from the paths I currently walk, but I am not sure if their are any additional dangers with these currents.

2 Likes

You have the basic gist. [quote=“TheStorm, post:15, topic:16401”]
I have absolutely no knowledge of any of these sorts of paths so I couldn’t give an answer
[/quote]

You summon them like any other spirit.[quote=“TheStorm, post:15, topic:16401”]
No
[/quote]

Do you want to?

1 Like

I am interested, but I would need to know more about the path as well as the benefits and the drawbacks in order to come to a conclusion about whether this is something I want to do (I know absolutely nothing but hearsay about Lovecraftian Magick). What can I get from this? Is their a cost? etc. It’s hard to know whether you want to do something if you know nothing about it.

2 Likes

Go on to YouTube and go to the s ben Qayin section, it’ll tell you more

1 Like

@Nagathex Thank you

2 Likes

I’d type more but I have to get.off and handle.something

2 Likes