Crystal Ball vs Black Mirror

I’m thinking about getting one or the other. I used to get visions in my dreams but I dont get 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep anymore so I usually cant even remember my dreams when I wake now. I was thinking one or the other could help me with that in the waking world.

I know some black mirrors also come in orb form. If I got the mirror I would go with that.

Just needed opinions on which is better.

Also might need to be noted that
1 - my house is over 100 years old and given to my boyfriends family by the king. I believe before the revolution. so the basement’s rafters are even gigantic logs that were just stained. It’s very old and very haunted. Sometimes just by a small girl but other times by an unknown presence that makes the smell of a dead mouse. Didnt know if that needed to be mentioned.

And 2 - my roommate was an idiot as a kid and decided to do the whole Bloody Mary thing. Candles and all. Needless to say he saw a very scary woman in return. Now I dont trust him around mirrors. Don’t know if that’s a thing to worry about.

Also I’d like to set them up with my altar to Lucifer. Would that be advised or no? I’ve never used one before. I had the opportunity to buy one years ago. But I didnt have $60 at the time.

5 Likes

They are are both used in the same way so one is not better than the other. It’s up to personal choice because what matters is the altered state, not what you are gazing into.

I would go with a black mirror, simply because they are easy and cheap to make compared to shelling out mucho dollars for a crystal ball without flaws.

1 Like

You can make them? That sounds enjoyable and rewarding. I was under the impression that they were all smoothly polished black stone. Like how lava rock can be all glassy and black.

2 Likes

No, that might have been what they once were, but these days a black mirror is easily made by buying a medium size picture frame and covering the backside of the glass front piece with matte black paint.

3 Likes

That’s really good to know. I’ll have to look around for a nice frame. I’ve also seen people have small round pendants (they look like monocles) with black mirrors. Is it useful to carry a small one with you or more effective to use the regular one?

1 Like

I’ve never seen such a pendant but I would say it’s not very effective because it’s small size would not allow much of the vision to be seen.

A black mirror should be of a comfortable size that gives you the greatest field of vision.

However, you could experiment if you wanted to with different sizes. What really matters is the state of mind, not the gazing device. A black mirror or a crystal ball is only duplicating the reflective properties of water, one of the three major gateways to the spirit world, the other two being fire and blood.

Personally, I use a bowl of water for scrying.

I recommend EA’s book Questing After Visions. In it he covers the nature of visions and goes over various scrying devices and techniques.

6 Likes
4 Likes

2,5 for the picture frame. 2 euro’s for the paint.

4 Likes

I forgot that was a form that could be used. I know once I saw in a book (fiction book, though) a king used a marble bowl of water that he mixed his blood into. May use the water bowl until I can make a black mirror. Thank you for reminding me.

@Borgy thank you for the visual. :slight_smile: I’m a visual learner so that was very good to see.

4 Likes

You can use defective tablet as a scrying mirror

3 Likes

I’ve always been partial to Black mirrors, they just work better for me.

1 Like

Large obsidian sphere works the best for me…but seeing as I currently don’t have one nor do I wish to pay 200-500 € for one, the black mirror I made or the smallish clear crystal ball work just fine.