Crying during evocation - is this weakness?

During evocation, when trying to muster the emotional energy to push into my request, I find myself crying. I’ve posted about a difficult and strenuous situation with my ex-husband abusing my children several times. I’ve been working to protect my children and remove my ex from their lives in different ways.

During evocation when I try to pour every ounce of hate and anger and negative energy I have into my requests from certain demons, it spills out of me in tears and frustration, the feelings are so real and overwhelming.

I know we shouldn’t show weakness in front of a spirit. I am wondering if the crying counts as weakness? Or is that energy okay to express?

7 Likes

It’s perfectly fine to express it , usually in the presence of powerful spirits , from my experience , it has a powerful effect on the mind and can lead to self expression that the individual does not normally do , so it’s perfectly fine , this can infact , in some cases better the bond with you and that spirit

14 Likes

It’s not weakness at all. When I did my first proper evokation of Melek Taus, I am not ashamed to say I was so overcome with emotion that I cried.

17 Likes

Not only does it deepen the bond but it can be seen as a release of blockages

9 Likes

Only an emotionally stunted wannabe “alpha” man-child would think crying is weakness.

Crying is a cleansing release. It’s freeing, and shows good emotional health.

It is perfectly appropriate to cry when you are touched by a profound experience of awe, beauty, or power. Great art, great literature, and spiritual experiences are all worthy of tears.

19 Likes

I cry pretty much every time I do magick. Oftentimes it’s not really a sad cry but just my eyes watering for some reason, but other times it is most definitely a sad cry.

4 Likes

Almost forgot - other times it is a happy cry

1 Like

It depends. Crying is a sign of emotion. It can be channeled into the ritual.

2 Likes

I was crying one time when I was channelling and ancestor… Just out of nowhere it was weird asf… Think he was conveying a, message how painful he feels, that people in his lineage, have abandoned the old ways and are not even acknowledging them or Sth… Told me he was an, adept magic and would teach me so, long as I remember byguving offerings

1 Like

This is all very reassuring to hear. I had read through several books on the Goetia and sometimes the authors present this very strict persona you’re meant to adopt and to really steel yourself, or at least that’s how I interpreted it.

I had experienced crying during both evocations and then also during emotional transmutation when working through certain rituals, though in that instance it felt more acceptable, like getting deeply in touch with the root of what I wanted to change that I was overcome was the idea.

I cry during my rituals sometimes. I think it’s a normal thing, as evoking or invoking a spirit is an intense experience.

1 Like

Each entity brings another type of energy so if you are empath than it will be very natural to answer to the perceived energy. Besides by some interactions with certain enteties the energies are overwelming so everything is possible.

1 Like

nope,ive cried plenty of times while evoking lilith and for some reason i cried when i evoked azazel in a long time but not sure why. they still respect me otherwise they would not come to me and help me

1 Like

Yup , happened to me in the past too

2 Likes

Has any of you thought that in this it might be us channeling their emotion? I, since having my spirit with me, have cried numerous times for absolutely no reason of my own. For example, I was driving listening to DMB singing Crash, I got to the middle of the first verse and had tears running down my face. No sobbing, just tears. I got to my destination and asked her why? She said it was that she likes that song and it makes her happy when I sing it. They were her tears of happiness flowing through me. I have also cried when she has been sad about something happening to me that she can’t directly help with. Just a thought, it might be their emotional state of joy that you are reaching out.

2 Likes

It is an awesome thing, that you are pouring forth such power that you are crying.

I have cried in ritual before, I am a big, fairly tough 37 year old guy covered with sigilic tattoos. I cried like a little girl with a skinned knee when Lucifer accepted my pledge.

Nothing wrong, in fact, you may be doing better than others.

3 Likes

Well said, this reminds me that Azazel and I need to talk sometime soon. I kind of miss him.

1 Like

Sweet one - crying is never a sign of weakness it’s actually a sign of strength. When we keep our emotions bottled up inside, this weakens our immune system.

Just let it out!

2 Likes

The other night I lost myself in dance while playing King Paimon some music after meditating to his enn and sigil. I danced until I was too exhausted to continue, then covered in sweat and panting, walked up to his altar to say thank you and began crying because I was so elated and grateful and amazed by him. I think it shows a sincerity, and that you are not holding yourself back at all. You are putting your whole self into it, and I think that’s wonderful.

1 Like

I relate an evocation that is this intense similar to a climactic moment during intercourse. I read an article once that suggested that crying during these types of moments was a “release of pent-up emotion and breaking internal barriers,” and–given your description of pouring your anger and hatred into the ritual–it makes sense. Maybe the emotion of it is your energy releasing from you and going out into the world to do what it needs to do to get the job done. We keep up the facades for others so they see us as “strong,” but true strength (IMO) is being able to express raw emotion and use it to drive change.

I’m currently working on a “project” to weaponize will, powering my will the negative energies I feel in an effort to exert it over situations. I’m interested to hear about your results.

3 Likes