Crossroads Deal

For the last weeks I’ve been researching about crossroads and the Lore about them. Most of the info that I’ve found pointed in a ritual of 9 nights where you bring your item you want to master and use it from 11:30 pm to 12:30 am and on the 9th day they say that a “Black Man” arrives he takes the item and when he give it back you will have complete mastery over it.
So Iam just curious does anyone from here tried any kind of crossroads deal? And if yes did you succeed?

8 Likes

hmmmm…can’t say I know too much about this “Black Man” that you speak of…though the ‘Black man’ could possibly represent either Satan or possibly the Lwas from the Voudon practice but any type of ritual that envolves the Crossroads does need to be taken with some serious consideration and planning.
As far as using the Crossroads, I’ve only used it in a format to dispose of said ritual items at the crossroads. I have not done or performed a ritual at the crossroads as of yet.

I believe you are referring to Papa Legba. I have met him there but not made any deals with him yet.

1 Like

The Black Man is an epithet for Satan as Lord of the crossroads and witchcraft. It was later used by hoodoos to describe an American survival of African crossroad deities who were associated with the devil by whites.
Papa Legba is not a crossroads spirit, but our resident houngan can correct me if that is incorrect. Exu Sete Encruzilhadas and his underlings live at the crossroad, which is an immensely important kingdom in Quimbanda. The orisha Ellegua is s crossroads deity I think.
Outside of the ADRs, there’s Satan, Hermes, mercury, Hecate, etc.

In any case, I’ve done rituals at crossroad before for Quimbanda. I also throw out my offering remnants for my exus at 4 way crossroads and T junctions for my Pomba Giras.
Crossroad spirits can be used in any working, because they can open or close roads. The crossroads are important to me as fields of power, just as the cemetary is.

2 Likes

Mark Alan Smith also mentions the Black Man as one of six primary aspects of Belial. If this is so, it’s not an aspect I’ve personally encountered.

1 Like

[quote=“Euoi, post:4, topic:4596”]The Black Man is an epithet for Satan as Lord of the crossroads and witchcraft. It was later used by hoodoos to describe an American survival of African crossroad deities who were associated with the devil by whites.
Papa Legba is not a crossroads spirit, but our resident houngan can correct me if that is incorrect. Exu Sete Encruzilhadas and his underlings live at the crossroad, which is an immensely important kingdom in Quimbanda. The orisha Ellegua is s crossroads deity I think.
Outside of the ADRs, there’s Satan, Hermes, mercury, Hecate, etc.

In any case, I’ve done rituals at crossroad before for Quimbanda. I also throw out my offering remnants for my exus at 4 way crossroads and T junctions for my Pomba Giras.
Crossroad spirits can be used in any working, because they can open or close roads. The crossroads are important to me as fields of power, just as the cemetary is.[/quote]
So have you encounteed any spirits and have they met your requests?

Yes. I have crossroad spirits in my spiritual court and they work.

1 Like

I see so then is it wise for me to do an actual crossroads rite? Do you advice it?

2 Likes

I don’t know. What do you mean by crossroads rite? Like, as in the nine night ritual?

In Mark Alan Smith works, Hecate is the main crossroad deity. Belial is the cross road between the Qlippoth and the Depths/Atlantean Realms (though to a degree in totality) But Hecate is the main crossroad. Within those books, Hecate is the main access point. That’s why people have problems with his work, it requires devotion and not fly by night workings to make more money or what ever the temporary goal may be. Sorry for my short rant, but I know Mark’s “system” well.

1 Like

For starters yes the 9 nights or any other that you may know that work

1 Like

I’ve never done that ritual, so I wouldn’t know. But ultimately, crossroad rites are just like any other magical ritual. They’re not incredibly special and don’t require extra pondering. If you feel spirits of the crossroads are what’s best for the job then go ahead and do it.
The crossroads are significantly less dangerous than cemetary work. All you really need to do is give some offerings to the spirits for license to work there and you’re good.

2 Likes

Did you make this crossroads ritual someone? I’m preparing for this ritual, and some info and advice would be good for me.

2 Likes

I’m sorry but I have no balls on it. I am the nature of the man who goes for his own, but this is probably not my case. It was probably the fifth attempt of the crossroads ritual meeting with black man. I cant not stand that someone will interrupt me at crossroads, a random passerby even if it’s a part of a ritual. I need absolute privacy. Every time I was at the crossroads, someone came up, either a drunk, a junkie, or someone elsewho walk with dog or ride a bike. Today I went to the crossroads, I was approaching, and what happened, I met one of the idiots I knew. He was drunk and he holding me off to drink with him all night but I did not want to, and I came to the crossroads late. I went to the crossroads at 0:03 and started singing. No one was out there, it was complete silent. After eight minutes i saw someone coming in. I wrapped it up and went. I cant not do it if someone interupt me !!! I wonder if I’m going to continue or try another form of magic … Annoyance is a weak word for my feelings now…

Sorry guys but English is not my native language

There are “spell/ritual” for the cross roads and I have tried one of them. The ritual consisted of:

• crossroad dirt from each Conner
  • 15 pennies
  • your petition
  • candle

So what you do is Sunday night at 12pm you go to the cross road and pic up the dirt from each corner. As you pick up the dirk you leave three pennies there as payment for the dirt. Then you take it back to your work place and write your petition to burn it in a heat resitant bowl.

Next you mix the crossroad dirt with the ashes of your petition and set a candle in the middle of it. Let the candle burn all the way and after it burns out you place three pennies in there.

Thirdly you go back to the cross roads and state your patition which your wrote and dump your ash/dirt/pennies in the middle of the cross roads and then you just leave. I will post my experience in a few minutes after this post.

4 Likes

I am desperate and need money fast to cover and 10k debt and to find away to help my struggling business. So after two days I decided to do a crossroad ritual to yield fast results.

I didn’t noticed but the date I choose landed on a Sunday. I left the house and drove to a country crossroad where cars hardly pass by. Now as I was driving I noticed the mood was bigger than normal and it appeared to be a red-orange color. I mean it was huge and so I did everything as I meantioned above.

When I was gathering the dirt I felt the energy, not the unpleasant kind or the pleasant kind. It felt as tho I was knocking at someone door and they were listening.

After that I left and came back to my work place and finished the ritual and went back to the same crossroad. As I was saying my patition a car drove by, I didn’t acknowledge it or payed any attention to it and then i left.

1 Like

And did the ritual work for you?

I have yet to receive some kind of solid leads towards this kind of rite and in the end, I didn’t make it. I am still having it “checked” on my to do list though.

1 Like

It didn’t work for because i rushesed it. I feel as if I was supposed to wait the next night.

But when I was doing the ritual I noticed the mood was blood read and it was weird. It felt like I was supposed to do the ritual. What I can say is that I’ve been have more creepy dreams. I’m talking about dreams that people fear and wake up screaming. But that’s not the case for me, perhaps there is no fear in me? :thinking::thinking::thinking:

Maybe a non Christian upbringing? I did freak out sometimes because of the negative site of my upbringing. It sounds very cool by the way. Thanks for your update! If you do it again please let me know!

2 Likes