Could you draw inspiration from too many things?

My answer to this would be yes, you can, if you’re inspired by literally everything. But this is coming from someone who has a rather complicated path.

My three main influences are Chaos magic/theory, Satanism and Draconian magic/symbolism. On the Pagan side I have an interest in traditional Witchcraft and I have deities from the Egyptian, Sumerian, Greek, Norse and Celtic pantheons in my honor. I also have some influence of the somewhat half-Christian Latin American and African American paradigms, an increasing interest in Luciferianism, Demonolatry and vampirism, some bits from Asian religions and philosophy, and finally an interest-in-and-studying-for-other-paradigm relationship with Kabbalah (which is Jewish in theology), Tantra (LHP Hinduism) and the Cthulhu current (which I’m slowly getting familiar with). This is admittedly a lot, however there are some things that disinterest me (ceremonial magic, although necessary to understand at times, is one of them).

This seems like a lot, and although mastery in these paths can be difficult to achieve, I also like aspects of paths that correspond to other paths, which makes translationing into another tradition easier. This makes my path not only quite Chaotic (ha!) but also very eclectic.

So, how crazy is your eclecticism?

6 Likes

As long as you put the work in and get an equal amount done in each facet i don’t see it being a problem. I like you started in one path then meandered to many different ones along the way too, not mention infusions of different paths. So no i don’t think you can have too much inspiration lol

4 Likes

At what point was there so many different spices thrown in? When did amount increase the most vs the least?

It’s not the total of methods of working, so much as how you reconcile them into a cohesive whole. I’ve been kinda creating an amalgam of all the various styles of practice with the intent to create something akin to a unified worldview. Essentially, trying to reconcile all the different modes of practice and paradigms with each other in a way that isn’t self-conflicting.

2 Likes