Could this mean something or just be a random occurance?

So the other day (Saturday) I came home (after work) with some groceries got out of the car and heard a funny noise a squee squee squee sound when I got out so I looked around trying to see what it could be.

There was a seemingly full grown adult hawk on the lawn beside me with its wings spread out across the ground.

It shuffled around and a little bit towards me as if to get a better look at me still going squee squee squee.
It didn’t have any caught prey or anything no seeming reason to be there squee-ingots think less then 10 feet from me.

Maybe it had been sunning itself :thinking: but the whole situation was strange throughout.

It could have been a fledgling but it seemed the side of an adult hawk.

I went in with the groceries and when I came back out to look it was gone (I know for sure it was gone because a squirrel was on the grass there when I cane back out.

So other then Horus see hawks affiliated with any spirits or other deities?

What do you make of what happened?

Is it possible it means something?

Add: adding googled picture of how it was sort of posed except the pic isn’t facing front like the hawk was in the incident.

2 Likes

This article has some ideas on both what it’s doing on the ground: practicing “mantling”, and what it can mean spiritually.

https://short-facts.com/why-would-a-hawk-be-on-the-ground/

1 Like

@Mulberry Interesting webpage and video. Thanks

The part I was most wondering about is that it turned around to face me abut and moved a bit forward (not a lot not in a threatening way) seeming to be wanting a better look at me while I looked at it :slight_smile:

So spirit messenger. Well… there are some things going on right now. We’re contemplating moving and I’m thinking of entering a talent contest.

So if the videos suggestion is right it showed up to encourage courage in one of those things and provide strength from the spirits. Hmm guess I’m going to need yo look up more on spirit animals specifically hawks

2 Likes