Could someone please scry a photo of my lost cat?

Teddy is still missing. I’ve received some very generous insight and reassurance from members of the forum, but it’s been a few days and seems likely that he’s moving around. My extra sensory abilities are relatively underdeveloped, so I’m asking for help again.

84524138_230934967930782_4275262007520788480_n

I put flyers up all over my neighbourhood a few hours ago. I’ve been checking facebook groups, lost pet sites, and my local shelter’s webpage several times a day. I plan to check the shelter physically tomorrow. I’ve read Barbatos has been helpful in finding lost pets, so I will be calling on him a bit later today.
Let me know if anything comes up for you from his pictures. I understand these things are rarely exact, I’m just looking for possible clues and indicators. So any impressions at all are super appreciated!

7 Likes

It looks like a small tiger. Will he return and be found is uncertain. Cats are territorial creatures of habit. Many will let them roam outdoors and trust that they will return. So, when a cat suddenly vanishes, it means that something has happened to interrupt his customary behavior of coming home.

When a cat ventures outside they are at risk of being injured by dogs, other cats (a cat fight), predators, and by moving vehicles. When a cat is sick or injured, his natural instinct is to hide in silence.

A chased cat will typically not run for miles. Instead, it will look for a place to escape, such as a high spot, or beneath something, like a neighbor’s deck. Many cats crawl into a familiar location, such as under a house, deck, or porch. That’s why it’s critical to search hiding areas thoroughly when your cat goes missing.

3 Likes

Guidelines from a missing cat page:

“In the meantime put his cat litter outside, empty the contents of your Hoover outside and put his bedding on your washing line and some unwashed clothes (ideally smelly socks). Put some smelly cat food out. Go out shouting late at night/early morning as its the quietest time then listen, if he’s locked in he will be shouting. Always a good idea to check bushes and hedges and neighbours gardens too… just incase. Check up any trees in the area. Knock on all doors up your street asking people to check their sheds etc. Put posters up, do flyers through neighbourhood doors asking people to open their sheds/garages to check for him, work out in concentric circles from your home. Contact all vets/rescue centres in the area to ask them to be mindful of any cats brought in/see if they’ve had any in fitting the description and let the microchip company know he is missing and make sure the chip details are up to date.”

2 Likes

How long has he gone missing for?

He must have gotten lost for whatever reason. Did you have bad weather in your region when you first noticed that he didn’t come back?

As others have mentioned to you before. I would ask Bastet and Freya for help.

I’ve never tried to scry an animal but I’d suggest to try these above guidelines i posted. I hope it helps to get your fur baby back.

Also for future reference. I think there are such things as gps collars which you can link to an app in case he goes missing again.

1 Like

I just talked to Freya. She says she’ll help, though you must do the guidelines Ultraviolet found. Then she’ll send him on his way!

6 Likes

Indeed.

*Iash kuya komlotha, i-yberion ivela.
Bastet, return this Cat to it’s Owner, NOW.

So mote it be.

Sincerely,

¥’Berion

8 Likes

@Ultraviolet @Yberion @Nolan_Toney @lawclerk He just came back :blush: many thanks to you all for helping :pray:

12 Likes

Thank fuck. I saw you talk about it earlier a few days and cried sympathy tears. If something happened to my cat scooter i’d be a godamn wreck.

5 Likes

I had been quietly following the story as I have a soft spot for kitties! Where was he ? :smile_cat:

5 Likes

Freya just said “It has been done” so I came to check and here it is! Hail Freya!

7 Likes

@nbns Was he injured when he returned ?

1 Like

Glad he came back! Happy for you two

1 Like

Yay im so happy your fur-baby came back! :cat: :heart:

2 Likes

I am glad he made it back in one piece, dark blessings. :+1::leopard:

3 Likes

@Tuxedo-cat I’m not sure where he’s been, I just suddenly heard him crying at the door and it was such a relief. I’m so glad I was home to let him in. @Bordicum He’s totally fine. He was pretty hungry, and he’s been out like a rock since he got back.

12 Likes

Will it work with my lost cat?. Thank you.

I’m glad to know that!!!

I’m so sorry that you haven’t found him. I will send prayers on both of your behalfs.

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like

He looks, and sounds, like a pretty adventurous kitty. When I first saw his pic, I thought, wow, he looks so independent! I’m so happy for you that he’s home all safe! I’d keep an eye on him in future, though…he may have enjoyed himself a bit too much!

1 Like