Could somebody be a Muslim and practice the occult?

Of late I have been feeling drawn to Islam. I appreciate the codes and instructions of how to act in day to day life and the connection and humbleness to the Source.

But I do also have an interest in the occult, I have practiced magick before.

Are these two spiritual paths compatible?

1 Like

There’s plenty of curses, blessing, work with Djinn and the like on Islam, and you can believe what you want and still talk to entities on the no-no lists and do low magic using your visualisation and will. Like Christianity, they try to keep magick only for the elite priests, but it exists.

You might get into trouble with the local religious leaders if they find out about it though, so technically, yes, but are you allowed by the human religio-political heirachy, not so much.

Most Muslims on this forum just practice tool free magick in secret. (look up “tool free magick tutorial”).

5 Likes

The religion does not affect the practice of magic
I advise you to delve more deeply into Islamic heritage books, perhaps you will change your mind

Magick is inherent in both esoteric religion and science. The difference is that religious devotees and scientists view occult phenomena as a distraction from their practice, while occultists view it as the main point. So yes, you’ll come across magick when you observe a legit practice.

The question is what will you do with it when you find the magick? You can either work with it or ignore and discard it as you see fit.

Every religion has an esoteric side to it so you’re going to run into magick anyway. For every imam who says magick is haram, there’s a prophet who worships Allah continually working with djinn. Indeed, many of the imams who say magick is haram also do it themselves, but they conveniently don’t tell you that part. It is what it is.

1 Like

No.

You should be fine. There are plenty of people in the Abrahamic faiths who practice the occult.

I agree with @Mulberry
This is between you and Allah and I think your god might be a lot more forgiving maybe even supportive about it than your standard muslim community.

You might also find Sufism interesting. It’s a more mystical form of Islam

3 Likes

Same as Christiniaty, technically it’s forbidden (just like eating pork, mixing clothing fabrics or getting tattoes…)

In real life, many Muslins practice magick. Sometimes it’s called differently, it’s more or less considered taboo…

Ex muslim here…Allah(source) is supportive about this, you will learn what Allah think and what muslim think is far different even about Al-Qur’an.

If you have spirit communication skill i suggest talk with angel (because they play big role in islam) and Muhammad itself, they Will tell you something about this religion, what verse in Qur’an is fabric of man manipulation, etc etc

4 Likes

I might be a bit of cynical conspiracy nutt, but I suspect why magick is forbidden in many of the mainstream religions is at least partially about the business of building and maintaining a congregation that relies on a spokesperson for the divine.
It hurts the business if people were to seek and find that connection themselves.

…but that might be a discussion for another topic.

1 Like

Hello, I am born Muslim and I practice the religion till today, still doing my magick but here is the truth on this issue.

The issue of occult in this religion is highly divided, there are sects that prohibit the practice of magic, divination of any type of sort and according to Islamic laws a magician has to be punished by death. That was practiced at the time of prophet, swahabas and khalifas and till today to the countries that uphold these laws.

But since many countries are not ruled by Islamic laws, sects prohibit the practice of magic but they can’t carry out the punishment.

But so far, sufi sect is the one that practice magic, in the way that is permissible according to their own claims. I am Sufi myself and within the teachings you’re taught how to use Quran surah for healing, exorcism, money problems etc.

So if you have interest in magic and Islam all together I guess Sufi may be less harder path comparing to other sects that condemn the practice of magic 100%>

There is a part of lessening the guilty, I found mAny Sufis pray and still practice their jinn sorcery and it helps a lot. The fear of hellfire in after life complete disappear and you practice magick more freely.

NB. On the note of afterlife, some magicians don’t believe in it, other believe after death they go and meet ancestors, or going to astral but myself I kept the faith that I had since childhood hellfire and heaven.

So Islam and magic are totally different paths, but alot of sheikh and practicing magician they’re working it together with peace. So you can be both Muslim and magician as many of us. Just find your own way of mingling it together

Notable work you can start with is sham’s Al marif Al kubra by master Ahmed Ali buni

Good luck on both of your path.

5 Likes

Thank you

1 Like

Hi, I once bought an amulet from Gallan the Norsewarlock, with a type of djinn called khodam (mine was female, and was quite strong) it came with an instruction to call her, a simple invocation I think in Arabic, I tried to look up the meaning of the invocation on the internet and I found that it came from a very interesting Sufi magic book, with many kinds of invocations, various hierarchies of djinn khodams, but unfortunately I forgot the name of the book, I cannot recommend any book, but you can find many practitioners offering portals to that kind of djinn on the internet, some are even open to having some type of relationship with their guardian and you can even build a harem. There is another djinn race called Bahai dijnn, in honor to prophet Bahai U’llah, they are all female and i could not trial but i think they are open to be sexual too.

1 Like

There is also the sufi aspect of islam which can be adapted for occult use too.

1 Like

Hi, I actually have started reading a book on practical djinn magick. I’ve heard of Sufism and intend to do more research into it. So you have hadgood experiences with djinn, fascinating.

1 Like