Could it be possible to become a titan class being?

My experience with different gods has shown this to be true. There are gods that seem completely alien or that I’ve never heard of before. Yet, they are powerful in their own right. I’ve also contacted ancient gods who aren’t worshiped much anymore. They definitely didn’t seem to be any weaker due to a lack of human worshipers…

I can only assume they have their own practice and ways of gaining power and influence.

I’m sorry… When did “hard work” equate to “fleeing”? Years of spiritual practice, growing as a human being, etc. There is no “fleeing” in any spiritual path. In Buddhism, it is said that it takes many lifetimes to reach enlightenment. It’s certainly an active progression on a path leading to a greater existence.

Realizing what we are capable of is the theory. The work is the actual practice. You are conflating beliefs with reality. Just because I know I have the potential to be a surgeon, doesn’t mean I’m qualified to perform an open heart surgery. I still need the study, training, and experience. This is exactly the same. It is why “ascension” is used. It conveys the sense of direction, work, and sacrifice. If you feel like that training is a “fleeing”, I’d hate to see what you think of as “real work”.

https://www.healingstars.com/goddess-astrology/inannas-descent-underworld/

The links are kind of cheesy, lol. My only point is that in most cases, there is some real growth and overcoming in a process of becoming something greater than.

Becoming a surgeon and being a Deity aren’t exactly the same thing, atleast not in the same ballpark.

One is an occupation, a job, one is a race of being.

However, in myths with Inari there were no hard work done, it was simply that Inari took a liking to the human, Greek shows it with a lot of hard work in my opinion because the Greek Gods were always jealous and when jealous they’d put the wrong person through hardship. In this case psyche benefited from it.

I reject every belief system that is based on humanity being “flawed” and either in need of salvation from an external source, or in need of humans working hard to leave their nature behind (and turning into something else).

That does not mean I reject hard work in order to become a more knowledgable, skilled, reliable or beneficial (in whatever sense you like) human being.

That is two different shoes.

That pretty much sums it up.

Also, no need to get personal like this, dude.

2 Likes

So if you read the link, there’s more to the story. If you read Inanna’s descent to the underworld, the same thing. Odin, and Persephone, Horus, ad nauseum. You are correct in saying that some gods are simply gods that have no work to be done. But those aren’t the examples I’m trying to point to. You already said yourself:

We both know there is a path, and work is how we walk it. That Path is all I was talking about. We seem to be getting side tracked as you are picking one version of one myth and running with that.

Please stop straw-manning. You know as well as I do the point I was making.

The same thing wasn’t the one being a race and the other an occupation. It is for example the work Odin did in hanging from the tree to learn the runes and gain wisdom. That is the work you already mentioned earlier before this walk into the weeds. Just as Odin even as a god needed to face his trials to gain his powers and wisdom, so must we humans in order to become more than we were.

So do you see an enlightened human being as one who has transcended human nature or embraced it?
I never said humans were flawed or in need of salvation from an external source… :thinking:

My apologies, it was supposed to be a humorous joke. The path of Becoming is not “fleeing” was my point. You seemed to think of it as if it were. Or implied that I was trying to escape somehow.

The point Velenos was making is litterally a human has no need to become anything else for ascension. Because ascension would mean that humans are lesser species, but that isnt true.Well of course nothing will be given before you do some kind of work but,you dont need to switch to another race.

1 Like

I never said you said that.

In my very own personal opinion, an enlightened human being is someone who understands human nature, understands the choices they make because of it and understands how choices, personality and attitudes are always connected and influence each other.
And therefore an enlightened human being can be at peace with their own self and the human world, which enables them to use their true potentials.

That does not mean they have to love and accept everything that humans do, and everything that happens in this world. But by understanding the why they will realise how they can influence it to their own benefit or the benefit of others, may it be in small things or big ones.

An enlightened human being will be able to see the potential and beauty that the human world offers, as much as they see the dangers and shadows.

1 Like

I was starting to see from both Helena and Velenos we were talking at cross-purposes. For me, enlightenment, or the Path, is one of overcoming human nature. The illusion is convincing, as they say. Thus in occult parlance, to become a living god is to transcend that “humanity”. Really, it seems this argument is simply one of semantics.

You guys are not arguing that no work needs to be done. You’re just objecting to the terminology and attitude. I get it. I just disagree. I think of humans as lesser than those who have become enlightened or ascended. There is a difference in state of being that makes it seem as if the two are separate races. One being as a god, and one being simply “human”.

If you see no drastic difference to make such a drastic differentiation, then great. I just have a different experience. I think that what we must transcend is the animalistic human consciousness. And that is what I call human. Transcending that and being able to anchor one’s consciousness into a higher aspect of self such that human limitations are not an issue is to become a living god. Just my own take.

As they say, “the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.” If both you feel the spirit is human, and the flesh is as well, ok… But we were talking about different races of the souls earlier, as well. Fine with me if that transmutation of the soul wasn’t real after all, and that it is really still a human soul. But that would invalidate Velenos’ ideas about the soul being able to have a different race than human. If you want to say that the soul/spirit/flesh is always human no matter what, then to each his own.

Yep, that’s the theory part. You’re just missing the practice part. The meditation, ascetic lifestyle, and actual change in state of being.

And you simply dont understand there are human souls, let me say it again, SOULS, who are as old as gods.Let me tell you what, a 20 years old god would be just as blind as a 20 years old human.

Word it however you wanted.You are talking about restrictions of physical body, forgetting about souls.

2 Likes

But would a 20 yr old human be able to kill a 20 yr old god?

You asked me about what an enlightened human being is, not how they become one. :woman_shrugging:

And I don’t recall saying meditation and such is not benefitial?

Yes? Depends on who trained more. :no_good_man:

2 Likes

Ya… I see our disconnect now. For me a god is a higher level of being than a human. My answer would have been a resounding no. Let me rephrase it. If a 20 yr old soul could incarnate as a human, do you think that same soul could have an existence of a god without going through that human experience (or its equivalent) first?

And now we come to the crux of the issue. The enlightened human being has to go through a process of Becoming that being. They start off as human and become one. That process is not theoretical or simply intellectual. It is action and hard work. It is to transcend what I think of as “human”.

I think you simply misunderstond what I was trying to say here. I never said you dont need to work, or even change.
But in my opinion this work does not have the goal to overcome being human.
They start off as human, and they will end up as human, and that is not a bad thing.
I think we simply need to agree to disagree here.

1 Like

I think yes.Now that whole reincarnation shit is open to interpration.I cant be so sure.

You will see here people claiming they managed to kill very powerful beings.One claim comes from our moderator, for example.And how old are they? 20? 30? Hell, 50?

Well, most deities we see in myths are the powerful ones.How can be so sure if an unnamed one isnt really a fodder? You cant.

I get your point tho.What are you saying is referred to as Man who is awake in some Taoist sects.We are also bound by physical realms laws.But human souls are pretty versatile.And guess what, probably even these gods are bound to laws in their realms.

I am done with this thread man.

1 Like

To be fair, I already came to that conclusion earlier… The differences were that simple:

So yes, you are right. We had a minor understanding, but I think we both understand each other now. :sweat_smile:

Sorry… You have given me some things to think about, though. But for the sake of your sanity and graceful patience, I’ll stop here. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this. :blush:

3 Likes

@veneficus Nah man, we cool, we are getting off topic tho. :smiley: You at least know how to debate without being rude. :+1:

1 Like

Aww, thanks! I could totally say how we are definitely on topic, but I’ll spare you. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Who cares about terms and labels.

The only point of being anything is to become something more than that.

Arguing whether becoming more means “realising what you already are” or “ascending to become a god” is as pointless as the religionists arguing over dogma. At the end of the day both mean the same thing in different perspectives anyways.

everyone, even people who act like terms and labels aren’t useful or have no place, because if they werent then they would be poorly functioning individuals.