Could any one decipher this?

Hi I had this for years and no one has been able to tell me what it says. I have checked at the university of UPPSALA when I study archeology their and I can tell you that it’s not Egyptian though some glyphs are their. It’s not rune nor ogham study those languages. It contain according to orientalists a calligraphy name of alah but I don’t know ! It’s origin it’s Middle East ca 1840-1890 hard tell exact age With doing a metallurgy test not done that. buts over 150 years old
image|375x500 image|375x500

![image|375x500]
These markings are on the side . Is the one with the star and the eye in the middle and sort of Enochian inspiration script.
(upload://wNAXUAry34OXWd7ntCs5Hy019tS.jpeg)
Material bass and I think lapis azulis and gold.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated

1 Like

That’s an interesting looking piece.

1 Like

Thanks last picture dispersed

What is it exactly?

Looks almost Canaanite… perhaps a language that developed close to there.

1 Like

It’s a little cup I hold my pendulum in it now on my alter but that’s just the point besides the obvious look of a open little cup I could not really tell you what it has been used for. Which is even more frustrated given that my specialty is European archaeology and ancient art !

1 Like

That is interesting point @Dankquanicus never thought of those language groups!

1 Like

Looks like constellations to me. Probably why it’s got stars all over it too. The piece is obviously ceremonial, they way it’s heavily decorated. Almost all religions have some element of astrotheological aspects.

2 Likes

Actually the structure and appearance of this reminds me so much of the Angelic Sigils in 72 Angels of Magick by Damon Brand, but I don’t know if it has any historical significance, might be a unique template from that book.

Edit: to be clear, I’m talking about what’s in your first post, with the more Arabic looking text.

1 Like

I don’t think it is Canaanite. Perhaps Phoenician?

4 Likes

Definitely looks very close.

2 Likes

Wow thanks guys this the closes any one have ever been to give me an answer to what it is ! And @Dralukmun you right it could be Phoenician
How does the sigil Angelic sigil 72 look like @Dankquanicus@ could you post a picture ?

2 Likes

And that could also mean that it’s older than I know maybe I should order a metallurgy test what do you guys think ?

I would, that could lead to very interesting results. Even if it turns out to be not ancient, the artist could have drawn inspiration from older languages as inspiration for a more ascetic appeal

1 Like

My bad, seems the book I was thinking of was actually Angelic Sigils, Keys, and Calls by Ben Woodcroft.

Don’t think it’s a traditional structure though, seems to just be unique to the book as far as I’ve seen.

Ok i do see some elements in it that do resemble :smile:. Who is Metatron is he an arch angel ?

1 Like

That is very true @Dralukmun in many renascence pices the artis took inspiration from antiquity!

1 Like

Yes, in traditional lore he is Enoch after being transformed into an Angel.

1 Like

Ah nice im studding the Enochian teaching now that would be awesome if it was connected!

1 Like

I just had a thought on the side could that be sanscrit? Or sanscrit like symbols ? @Dralukmun and @Dankquanicus