Could angels be chasing away my grandma's spirit

I’ve encountered an interesting situation, if someone can provide his insights I’d be grateful.

Basically, my grandma passed away a year ago. Since, I regularly see her in my dreams, those are often VERY meaningful. For instance, we occasionally light up a candle next to her picture in the living room, but during one month we were really busy and forgot about it. In my dream, I clearly see her and clearly hear her asking me to light up AT LEAST 5 candles each month for her…

Additionally, there’s some poltergeist-like activities, nothing scary, but some distinct sounds of mild banging on the walls, or like someone touching furniture…

This last weeks, for once in my life, I started practicing Angelic magic, first to get rid of parasites then to get a ‘‘better’’ feeling of this magic, improving some psychological issues of mine and so on. I’m planning to perform a full evocation soon.

Here’s the catch, for the 3rd time since I started this magick, I have this reaccuring dream where I see my grandma frightened to bones, running away from something and asking me to protect her. (She had dementia and hallucinations when she was alive, so I don’t think this very seriously), somewhere inside me I get the hint that angels might chase her away ? Then I walk to the room from which she flees to reassure her that there’s no one, but I don’t get to meet anyone (in fact I don’t even get the chance to reach that room, just walk in its direction) then a soothing white light sparkles from nowhere, this is precisely the moment I wake up…

There is a ritual I perform, it’s similar to the lesser banishing ritual where I call angels on 4 cardinal points to banish ‘‘evil’’ entities… Perhaps Angels recognize her as an ‘‘evil’’ spirit ? Or there’s something else ? I’m still very new to magick, it’s hard to know what to think about all this…

What do you think ?

1 Like

first, what makes you think its angels who are chasing her away

second, what kind of angels do you think they are and what kind of angels do you work with?

third, if it is angels, could be they are trying to lead her to the light but she doesnt want to go because shes attached to you, it might be that she thinks if they are going to lead her to heaven, she will lose touch with you (which is not true)

your best bet is to call Archangel Michael, or any other of the main Archangels, they are the leaders of angels, they can help you clear your doubts if you ask them what is happening.

Back when I was very powerful and close to my Essence, one of the lives i lived was as an angel (i had wings, probably still have them) and I could feel lots of love for many people, now, im not saying every angel is the same, but Archangels can help in my opinion

1 Like

@DarkestKnight

2 Likes

What makes think this is the fact that it all started just after first rituals and also that during those dreams I question myself if angels are involved

I work with angels that are called in Damon’s Brand ‘‘Archangel of Magick’’ and Ben Woodcroft’s ‘‘Angelic protection Magick’’… They are mainly archangels, some rituals involves many of them but I haven’t worked with any other group of angels.

Should I call Michael through Evocation ?

try. Ask him about your grandmother and how shes doing

1 Like

Which ritual do you use ? I’ll try the one from the book hoping it will succeed

i used to use the evocation from Archangels of Magick

1 Like

If Angels are chasing the spirit away, it is very possible that the spirit is not your grandma. It seems to want your continuous attention, which may or may not be a red flag, since we are dealing with a spirit of the dead.
I will say, there are people here who do Angelic Magick and work with Ancestors, and the don’t seem to have noticed an issue. I also don’t recall any issues when I was doing Angelic Magick (Including Banishing) and calling on ancestors.

4 Likes

This is maybe not the right forum to talk about it but in a kardecian one you will oft hear the same stories that when you start with magic the spirits of the dead go away or come only when called. Lots of mediums don’t believe in magic cause they can sense the dead. When they start with evocation and invocation of entities the connection to the dead is weak

1 Like

You also think it would be better to call an angel and ask directly ?

Could be good. Ask an Angel or other spirit who is said to hold knowledge on occult theory, or of the dead.
Although, in my opinion, I would rather use divination and go directly to the Anima Mundi to obtain the answers to this.

1 Like

It’s possible that your grandma’s spirit is afraid of the angels. They are powerful beings, after all, and have been known to overwhelm with their presence. There is a reason why the archangel Gabriel told Mary “Be not afraid” when he paid her a visit.

I would say, if the spirit is really your grandma and not something pretending to be her, that this might likely be the case.

When you do the angelic banishing, do you specify that certain spirits should be left alone? It could also be the case that the angels are chasing her away because you called them to clear your area of all unwanted energies and spirits, and to protect you so they are doing as you asked.

When most magicians do a banishing ritual, they make sure to include an exception for spirits they work with, like servitors, the dead, succubi, etc, that might be around so the angels know they are allowed to remain.

4 Likes

Thank you for you input! And no I do not mention exceptions , the author of the book that I’m referring to (Ben Woodcroft) does state that “good” spirits won’t be banished… next time I do this, I’ll explicitly ask them to not banish my grandma’s spirit.

Also, those poltergeist-like activities all ceased after the day I made the banishing ritual for the first time, I absolutely don’t hear anything abnormal at night anymore

3 Likes

Good point there. If I never knew what an Angel’s presence was like and I encountered one in the Aether I would be scared. Doubly so if I was able to see their true form…
Although the Angels shouldn’t be around OP all the time, and the poltergeist activity is interesting.

If it’s similar to The Sword Banishing from Magickal Protection, it need only be your will that her spirit not be banished. However, you should rather specify that they should not banish her if it is truly the spirit of your grandmother.

1 Like

^^^^^^^^^leanin towards this.

Just cuz she’s dead don’t mean she’ll be excited or accepting of angels and/or other powerful beings.

One interesting aspect of the poltergeist-like manifestation was that it somehow feels when you’re failing asleep, when you’re half asleep its activities get louder and more intense.

This procures a very uncomfortable feeling as you feel vulnerable during this state… you rather ignore it and fall asleep or wake up …if I wook up the activities stopped.

1 Like

The poltergeist activity (Especially that it was unsettling) as well as the fact the spirit went away after that banishing raises some red flags for me. It’s always hard to say in cases like this since it’s a human spirit. Try banishing right before you call on the spirit of your grandmother (The banishing will be part of the ritual), and see if her spirit feels in any way different than the spirit of her that is normally around you.

2 Likes

Your grandma lived at the house where you are right now? If so then nothing can banish her because it is considered her place as well, so she is not an intruder. Ancestors spirit are linked to your blood and they can only be “banished” by you. Since its been a year since her passing I would say she has a better handle on the astral by now! So for her to be afraid is a red flag… and the poltergeist issues are too!
Tbh it’s better to be safe than sorry! So banish everything! Even the angels that you are calling to banish!
You don’t need to specify to “not banish grandma” because the “real” ancestor can’t be banished unless by you telling her to leave!
Also how does she looks to you? Usually the dead souls look younger. Atleast that’s my experience with my Ancestors.

1 Like

Thanks for the input! So she lived 90% of her time in the same house as me, but during her last 6 months she wanted to absolutely move to live alone and she did… So I don’t know if it’s still considered as her home.

In the first dreams I had, yes she was looking great. But on these dreams where she’s terrified and fleed from something, she looked horrible…

1 Like

That is more than enough to be connected to the land and dwell in whenever she likes.

Ok this is telling me that there is someone else at your house that doesn’t wanna leave! I am not saying your grandma didn’t visit you, infact she did. However, there could be someone else showing up as her trying to stop you from kicking it.

Keep banishing and your grandma will still visit you. It is her home and she has authority too.

1 Like