Corwin Hargrove - Goetia Pathworking

Hello :slight_smile:

I decided to use the book Goetia Pathworking by Corwin Hargrove, to continue my Goetia challenge and to train myself with visualisation.

However, I have a question. I’m not so good at imagining an odor, is it a big deal ?

Thanks in advance

3 Likes

I’ve used the book and do so occasionally.

It’s alright if you’re not good with imagining odour. The author himself says if you can’t imagine just affirm it to yourself.

With time and practice you will start to visualise odour as well.

The key is to just think about the pathworking line that describes the odour such as “The burning of hair”.

Now we know what that smells like. The moment you think of it in that fashion, your mind will take you to a time you smelled burning hair. Separate the feeling of smell from that memory and bring it forward to now.

Hope this helps.

3 Likes

Thank you for your answer !

1 Like

Like the above comment, just practice. For a long time, I couldn’t imagine smells or textures. I just told myself “I smell the scent of xyz” or “I feel the texture of xyz” without actually experiencing what I said. Just make a habit out of practicing, and have fun with it. You got this!

4 Likes

If you find the pathworking style important, recreate the sensory stimulus and lock it in your mind for when you need it. In otherwords, go burn a piece of hair and use your memory for the evocation

5 Likes