Cortisol - the Resistance Hormone

Effects of acute mild and moderate hypoxia on human mood state.

Li XY1, Wu XY, Fu C, Shen XF, Wu YH, Wang T.

Author information

Abstract

OBJECTIVE:

To explore the effects of acute mild and moderate hypoxia on human mood state.

METHOD:

The mood states of 18 healthy male volunteers were evaluated by self-assessment questionnaires, profile of mood state (POMS) and state anxiety inventory (S-AI) after random exposure to simulated altitude of 300 m (control), 2800 m, 3600 m and 4400 m for 1 h in a hypobaric chamber.

RESULT:

The data at 300 m level were taken as the baseline control. The negative mood state factor points (tension, fatigue etc.) increased gradually as the altitude level increased while V (vigor-activity) points had a tendency to decrease (P<0.05 or P<0.01). No significant difference was found in the points of (D, A) even under exposure to 4400 m (P>0.05). At the early period of 2800 m exposure the tension points of POMS and S-AI scores were higher than those of control level (P<0.05) then dropped to baseline level when exposure to this altitude for 1 h.

CONCLUSION:

Exposure to acute mild hypobaric hypoxia at 2800 m for 1 h has adverse effect on mood state of healthy person and the negative effect was further aggravated with the increment of altitude level.

Yes, that was the point I was making, with regards to this:

Specifically, that endocrine imbalances of various kinds affect mood. You (re-)made that point for me as well in last reply. :+1:

So thanks for confirming non-medics like me, have correct information. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

@Lady_Eva @anon47923162 Wish could contribute to this discussion but my knowledge of medical science only goes upto this song

Only gonna say this about postures determining physical chemical changes and thus change in moods – In Hatha Yoga it is said certain posture will direct one’s energy in the astral body in a particular way and thus affecting his chemical composition in his body and thus the type of thought he will have at that time and his mood also.

A good Hatha yoga teacher who knows mystical aspect of it too can easily tell what is happening in his mind/body just by looking at his posture of body and what posture he unconsciously holds on to. ( By posture I don’t mean asana, just how he stands , holds his hand etc ) . Body is deeply connected with the mind.

4 Likes

Without medical knowledge it will be easier to misinterpret that knowledge and get to wrong choices. I appreciate that you like to read about these subjects FROM proper medical databases, but not everyone will do that.

That is qualitative research performed almost 20 years ago, which makes it lose evidence strength. It is an emic approach, not an etic approach. No blood tests or other quantitative tests were measured. This proved my point.

You are trying to make this into a personal fight maybe because you got offended by my comments. As I said before, I am trying to avoid people making poor choices that could affect their health. Instead, you are trying to prove that you are a very health conscious person. Well, good for you. That doesn’t change the danger of this thread.

Also behaviour and emotion are two different concepts with very different connotations, even though they are slightly intrinsically related.

I am so not…

What factors dictate behaviour in many situations?

Am I going to punch someone I feel loving and kind towards?

Am I going to hug someone I feel intolerably angry towards, and full of disgust?

Post something more recent that counters those conclusions? Chronic long-term hypoxia, not exercise. :wink:

I have moar:

As far as I am aware, “chronic” does not mean “exposure of 1h”, as per the previous study you attached :Effects of acute mild and moderate hypoxia on human mood state - PubMed

That’s what I mean when I say that people without medical training can misunderstand information. Also, again, as I said, it was qualitative research, not quantitative, so it is not 100% accurate.

On the last study you have posted about hypoxia and inactivity, again, even though they measure hipoxia with SpO2 parameters, they only measure the mood with the POMS-SF is a 37-item self-evaluation , which is, again qualitative research.

There is not known research (that I have found) that actually links different type of moods with biochemical levels and potential pathological parameters.

It depends on lots of factors, including the cognitive capacity of the person to assess a situation, which can be compromised with certain illnesses. Not saying that there is NO relationship at all, but again, being misinterpreted.

Not sure what point are you trying to make. You will go to sleep happy about this, but then, someone without knowledge will read this, misinterpret it and take poor choices, ending up in A&E or even dead. It has happened before.

Also, questions - can we share that drinking a glass of water after doing magickal work is good, or is that nutritional advice, and can we share that going for a walk is good, or do we need to tell people to consult a physician before taking any phsyical activity?

I am not trying to be a dragon here with replies, but we have already got T&Cs that state nothing here is medical or psychological advice, etc., and this is not the only site on the internet, so if people get jumped on for posting links, which can be rationally researched, where are we left?

To the limitations of our own GP, who is in most situations the portal and gatekeeper of all other medical info and referrals?

In the UK, the most prolific mass-murderer we have ever seen WAS a GP!

2 Likes

i didn’t act astrally, must have been my defense lashing out.

I’m sorry about it,
i wasn’t aware of it activating.

However, since you didn’t bring more to the table,
i woun’t take it in, to stop the Topic.

Regarding my awareness,
of the riple’s of my actions…

I’m known for several years,
to be well aware and strategic,
with my workings.

In regards to Endocrine system not having to do with magick,
you may actually enjoy learning a little more.

Enjoy.

Sincerely,

¥’Berioth

2 Likes

So then why bother being a doctor and trying to help people ,if one is gonna be accused of being a murderer, just because ONE got bonkers and decided to kill…

Touche, but it doesn’t hurt to remind people to please be safe. Not sure why making a post ensuring that people are safe has caused all of this.

1 Like

What non-qualitative research models work when assessing mood?

“There is not known research (that I have found) that actually links different type of moods with biochemical levels” - so, no research exists that links biochemical factors like blood or brain levels of serotonin, dopamine, alcohol, cannabis, ecstacy (street drug) or ANY other chemical whatsoever with mood?

Wow.

Not really! :laughing:

What, from watching a YouTube video?

In that case, you should contact YouTube, not the person posting the links to it.

1 Like

OR:

So then why bother trying to learn about health and ways to help oneself, if if one is gonna be accused of being a murderer, just because - well actually I don’t think the material posted has a death count like old Harry, but y’know.

I hope my point about generalising from the specific rare example to the majority is made, though?

Because you wrote this:

And that is just fucked up, sorry, but that attitude has fucked more human lives than any amount of half-assed amatuers trying to research what is best for their health. :thinking:

2 Likes

Probably because of the aggressive tone of it and it has carried on beyond a reminder. Just my view of it though.

Also keep in mind the mental and emotional realms are separate from the physical body so anything that creates a reaction there is psychological in a fashion. Trying to quantify something that can’t be quantified adds more confusion. The mind and emotions will change to any stimulus even the color of clothes you wear and again a lot more dangerous stuff is on the forum in just the category for evocation than the risk of someone exerting enough effort to poison themselves. If they do that well natural selection in my opinion.

I think this is getting out of control.

2 Likes

I feel people are missing his point.

In the medical field this is a gray area. It does not yet have a place to be implemented into occult science, this is to avoid integrating misinformation into occult practice. We get enough of that already.

3 Likes

To clarify the situation a little further,
i’m currently handling magically a case,
where both cancer and multiple organ failure are already present in the patient.

So, my reseurch is aimed at a specific outcome,
and if need be,
i hereby declare this post to be ready for swipe (being closed / deleted) within 2 month, today being 17.04.2019

So that should take care of the mis-information concern you had.

I need to look into that specific co-relation of Hormonic activity,
because her Organ Failures destroyed her regular Hormon function.

In order to fix it,
i first need to understand it.

I did understand, that you feel hurt,
and don’t value to give information regarding the actual co-relation.

So please,
feel free to ignore this topic for 2 month.

You can then check if you want to mask it for deletion, @anon48532061.

Some of it posted by people like me. :wink:

Sincerely,

¥’Berioth

2 Likes

Maybe, but a robust debate happens sometimes, no-one is being threatened or insulted. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Can you keep me up to date on this research and your efforts in this case? Such healing magick is an interest of mine.

2 Likes

According to NoxLotus, i’ve astrally attacked him,
so my defense must have activated,
however, Yberion tells me everything is fine,
and he didn’t rise.

Sin,

¥’B

1 Like

Dear Nemesis,

look, the case is quite private,
and quite difficult at the same time.

I’m performing a grand rite,
since a couple of weeks it’s ongoing.

In order to even get the patient to accept treatment,
the disease first became shockingly evident to herself.

She’s having several methastases of Breast cancer.
Kidneys, Liver and other Organs are malfunctioning.
Liver and kidney basically stopped functioning completely in between,
and are now getting a little better.

I’m very careful with the actions i take,
however, she’s been very close to die several times already.

The Doctors and physicists clearly show,
that they consider it impossible,
or not worth the try,
to save her,
and get her well.

Very recently,
a decades long conflict,
which massively framed her personality,
was destroyed / solved.

I need understanding of the Cortisol functioning system,
because that mental changes must be watched carefully.

As well as adjusted,
by need.

And i can only do a proper job,
if i understand what i’m doing there.

Sin,

¥’Berioth

1 Like

I may have been rude and I personally do apologise to you or any other user who have felt offended.

I haven’t got anything personal against your post, I just wanted to remind people to be physically safe when performing magical arts which could relate to the physical body. Some people might be tempted to by illegally stuff that can be truly damaging to the body.

Well, I felt a small attack, which could have been as you say, maybe an energetic defense mechanism. No worries then, I will not take it into consideration. I was surprised someone would consciously get angry to the point of consciously attacking someone on the astral. I mean, we are responsible adults.

3 Likes

Also, I got extremely confused fast lmao.

I will add some things I believe in that I´ve found to be effective in my life dealing with fear and cortisol as well as normal improvement of my daily life.

I believe after diet, exercise, posture, and visualization play vital roles psychologically and physiologically on how one´s body is affected by stress and how well it is able to deal with it.

Body Posture - This sets one in a different state of mind and (IMHO) the astral and energetic bodies, (the evidence Lady Eva provided me was new). I also see this as setting yourself as in a slightly different parallel reality (small changes such as mannerisms matter, ¨as above so below¨). I see power posing as a sort of channel for the intended emotion. Confidence has never been easier when you are walking around like a fooking superhero.
Related image
Related image

Meditation/Mindfulness - Being able to control and adjust one´s thought and negative thinking is crucial (probably why it is so revered in spiritual and scientific bodies), it grows the gray matter in your brain and decreases parts of your brain associated with fear and depression.

Visualization - Also known as image training, visualization has been used by many to simulate different scenarios, doing this triggers your nervous system as if it was actually happening. Its practice with no downsides, with each visualization run through the practitioner, becomes more and more aligned with reality and image of how they want the event or situation to go.

https://entrepreneurs.maqtoob.com/4-scientific-reasons-why-visualization-will-increase-your-chances-to-succeed-5515ef2dbdb7

Visualization and mindfulness/meditation are commonly used together, but for an added bonus practice you mannerisms and body language in your image training and in the mirror as you practice.

Also if you wanna get REALLY in control of your reptilian brain I´d recommend cold training and Wim Hoff breathing. I have not dedicated myself enough to give a full…report for the breathing, but the cold therapy is awesome.

4 Likes