Corrupting the christian threat: i will pray for you

Banishing and protection will take care of this.

Over thinking it, will just cause you to curse yourself, they won’t even need to pray for you.

Ijs.

I use magic everyday on people who have no idea. So you’re not going to win me over on this one :slight_smile: I play by my rules, not anyone else’s :slight_smile: I expect everyone else to do the same, so I know how to banish and protect myself and let them do whatever makes them happy.

1 Like

True but it’s still wrong for someone use magick against you when you specifically ask them not to. When a Christian tells me they’ll “pray for me” (usually to change my beliefs) I respond by telling them that I’ll pray to Lucifer for them if they’re going to pray to Yahweh for me. I’ve been under magickal attack before and had it revealed to me in my dreams and whenever I call the person out on it it’s always confirmed to be true.

Are you referring to rituals? I personally don’t like to effect someone elses will. I could probably do it through the spirits I work with but I just think it’s kind of a underhanded thing to do. I don’t say that as a personal attack, but I’m of the belief that people should be allowed to exert their own free will. The only time I really do things like this is when I know someone else is doing it to me. Other than that though, I usually don’t mess around with curses or attempt to subvert someone’s will.

Edit* Also, I know it might sound silly to some people here that I usually don’t engage in curses or baneful magick. The reason I don’t do it is because once when I was about 18 I had a really nasty boss. At the time I was still a Christian and I prayed to Yahweh to kill this person. A week later this person came down with cancer of the lymphnodes and ended up dying. I didn’t think it would work at the time but I’ve seen how powerful curses can be so now I only use them for retaliation and that’s only in desperate situations.

1 Like

So do you not use magic to manifest any events/situations/results in your physical reality that may involve the actions of someone elses to take place to manifest? I like to think that our magic sets of chains, like dominoes and strings of firecrackers, which may very well impact someone elses choices as they become a part of the chain.

:woman_shrugging: i like to experiment on peeps (generally for their benefit). If a friend is looking for a job, imma test some shit to help them get the best one! If a friend needs someone out of their life, well imma do so. Im also gonna shower my catholic family with the protection of my pagan gods and spells as well, and i welcome them to send prayers my way - it doesnt bother me, im not beholden, but im down for some loving prayer.

1 Like

That’s true. I suppose some spells could have that effect. Although usually when I ask for money for example, I try to ask for it in a way that won’t negatively impact someone I may care about, so I’ll maybe ask to get emails for job opportunities, or to win the lottery.

This is a fair point. Although my family knows my beliefs and they’ve told me not to pray for them so I don’t out of respect, even if it’s for things like protection. Although when they don’t respect my wishes and pray to try and change my will, I can and do retaliate. I try to do it in a way where no one gets hurt but where they also “get the message”.

1 Like

I always take the time to proof read and this fucking phone loves typos.

1 Like

I actually do, too, but what about those you dont care about? couldnt the result require a manipulation of their will? or even those you do - manipulating will isnt always negative. So maybe you effect others free will without causing them harm? Or so you think - since if our magic alters choices, it then alters the course of the future (for intended - but also unintended effect).

1 Like

I suppose so. Although that’s not usually my intention but you do make a good point.

I don’t think it’s my place to try to change someone else’s will. Even if someone is ruining their own life, they need to learn their lessons on their own.

That’s a good point. With that said, most of what I do are simple evocations and invocations. When it comes to other forms of magick, I engage in a lot of divination, I might ask Lucifer to possess me or give me advice on self improvement, and lately I’ve been doing a lot of sex related magick with Lilith and the succubi she sent me. I suppose there could some effect on someone’s will somewhere along the line but mostly the magick I do is intended to effect my own will so that I can live a healthier and more productive life.

1 Like

Sounds good! Cheers🍻

1 Like

Unless you have an entire congregation praying at you basic banishing should be enough to deal with this. Most followers of the various monotheistic cults are not into the esoteric aspects of anything so it is like being hit with BBs if it does have any effect on your day to day life but in enough volume can be annoying as hell if there are enough of them.

1 Like

i would not worry too much about this tbh

Praying will only hurt you if you think it will hurt you. It’s usually just a lot of positive energy they send to you and you can use it how every you see fit. Pray is just a word and honestly a prayer is a eviction to whoever they are praying to (in that way we all use Magick).

I usually will tell my Christian friends I will “pray” for them because they are ok with that word. Then I do my spells and rituals to help them. They know I am a witch but the eh also know I grew up very Christian and RHP.

Don’t let ideas and words control you. A prayer will not harm you if you don’t let it. Just use it to your your advantage

3 Likes

I’ve shut down any prayers that are intended for me by working with lucifer. The energy is so weird and confusing (prayers) that’s why I got rid of it three months ago

1 Like

Well it depends if the practitioner uses pslams, because they have an effect for sure because the psalms of the Old Testament are linked to Saturn and Saturn is a powerhouse (especially for bindings) normal prayers might have an effect but only if you are unable to guard your mind.

The kinds of people that “pray for me” are the judgmental fundamentalist types, so whenever they do so they’re sending me their negative energies that I want nothing to do with. When they do it too much, I’ll sometimes send a few demonic servitors/legionaries to torment them for a day or so (without actually hurting them) so that they at least get the message to leave me the hell alone. Either that or I’ll use vampirism to retaliate.

1 Like

Exactly , thinking they know better and I haven’t even asked for help. No amount of prayer works until today it stands

1 Like

The funny thing is, the only time prayer really worked for me when I was a Christian was when I prayed for Yahweh to kill someone over 10 years ago. “Loving God” my ass. More like a war God.

I don’t like attacking people, I’ve set up all kinds of defences and I’m happy with it, when you attack them do you get it back sometimes or never?

I have been blessed so many times in my life already by priests (it comes with the package of my job) that I really don’t think anything about “I am going to pray for you” anymore.
Interestingly enough it was only with one priest where I could really FEEL something while he was saying his blessing words and I could only think “Damn, dude. Thats some serious shit right there”. That was long BEFORE my time as a practicioner :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I don’t like doing it either, I made a long post about it earlier in this thread. I only do it out of self defense. With that said, I’ve never had any problems when I’ve done so. I think you’re more likely to have it backfire if you’re cursing someone for no reason, if you’re doing it out of self defense I don’t think there’s usually an issue.

1 Like

It is human nature to automatically attempt to analyze all incoming data, regardless of source, in order to determine how it affects you who is perceiving the incoming data. Depending on the nature of the data, this analysis process occurs across a wide spectrum and is often unconsciously dismissed as irrelevant to the person in question. Bottom line, most humans prioritizes themselves and there personal sphere of influence. Relevance to the topic being that this priority of focus, which few exceptions, includes even the most motivated evangelical folks.

Perhaps the declaration of intention to “pray for you,” was random unsolicited advice based on a simple chance encounter. Perhaps it was a knee jerk reaction, based on being triggered by any number of things which rattled there comfort zone. In most of these cases, it was unlikely to be anything to cause concern.

Regardless, I personally do not view most prayer offers as an intention to initiate spiritual warfare. As with most other social interactions with strangers which venture into areas I choose to not discuss, I simply de escalate and disengage. Most folks involved in such chance interactions, regardless of perceived unpleasantness, won’t give much more than a very brief period of thought to it.

Even if the conversational adversary was a minister with a active & large congregation… Unless you escalate excessively and truly cause a great worry, most often it will end there. Reason being the focus point from the first paragraph…

So barring an unnecessary conflict, the (temporarily) triggered minister will move on with his concerns of higher priority. Such has visiting sick church members, comforting grieving families, preparing the sermons for the week, etc… Basically staying focused on their sphere of influence and their personal business.

Of course, this is situationally dependant and may very well be something more serious. Especially if the environment where this occurred is for example at a highly charged venue such as a major civil rights event. These situations are increasing in frequency these days, and actually trained highly polarized groups have and do travel to engage in spiritual conflict.
@KurtisJoseph spoke on such a situation he was involved with somewhere in Texas. That said, these kind of intense events tend to be sought out and do not often occur willy nilly.
In either case, having strong spiritual allies and a well thought out protection strategy leads to a lack of worry.

1 Like