Cope with fears

I know some people got the same background as I do (Catholic). How did you cope with your fears? We are brainwashed that if we don’t walk on a straight line we burn. Now my evocations always feel positive. But sometimes in Lucid dreaming or Astral plane we do got fears. How do you take control of it yourself? I know I can, I just need to trigger it. Mainly I ask for an entity to help, but I want to get over it myself.

3 Likes

My experience is, that if you surrender to any feeling for a short time, you can begin to cope with it. To cope with something does not mean to get rid of it, but to ride it like a wave, or come through it like in a boat through a river in a tunnel. So I don’t think it is good to try to destroy fear completely, only to minimize it, as it is a part of the experience. It is the attempt to deny its existence, that causes real problems in my view.

4 Likes

I think that, that was the lesson learn to cope with it without help. I experienced it this night.

1 Like

And sometimes it is simply time to get away, because the spirits are telling you to do just that. Leaving someone alone out of respect is essential everywhere.

2 Likes

Did just that, wish things would be more clearer.

Looked more like a test

I think you need to decide if you want something tamed or untamed. Just a thought.

1 Like

Untamed to get respect back

1 Like
  1. Empty your Bag of Fucks. Don’t invest in the things that scare you.
  2. If it’s an emotional response, like Loneliness, dive into it. Let it consume you. Once you know a feeling intimately, it wields no power over you.
3 Likes

That! Go in head strong.

2 Likes

Gatekeeper ritual embracing damnation (metaphorically)

1 Like

@J.A.Ragnarson You mean do the thing that scares you the most?

Thank you @levilevi :blush:

1 Like

So I am not afraid of the consequences of my actions. What scares me the most is losing who I am to emotions like anger or confusion, and hurting those I care the most about. How can I cope with my fears?

Yes that’s exactly what I mean.

2 Likes

I’m not sure I understand

It’s quite simple. I’m have a Catholic background. My fear was invoking Lucifer. Done. Then Azazel (step further in the fear ladder), done. And finally I will invoke Pazuzu. That’s quite a goal for me and here lies even more fear. But I have done much research so I feel I can do it.

Just ride it out and bask in it. If it gets to much go alpha mode.

1 Like

Sorry I was responding to @Borgy
My point was that fears need to be faced head on (usually).

1 Like

Conquer your fears young wizard.

1 Like

Well my fear is harming those I care about and succumbing to my inner demons.

1 Like