Contacting Thoth

I have been very attracted to Thoth even before I started digging deeper in Traditional Witchcraft + Occult Knowledge . It’s to the point where I’m just ready to contact him so we can introduce ourselves . Thoth would be the first detity I have ever communicated with. I don’t have a alter and I see Thoth doesn’t have a sigil for me to meditate and call him on so how do I got about getting in contact with him .

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum! Please take a moment to click below and introduce yourself:

handIntro

1 Like

Hm I did too seen thoth much yesterday night I even seen a dream about thoth, I think that you don’t need or you can use the mercurial sign, you can even use a depiction of him

1 Like

He indeed doesn’t have a sigil. You can use a picture of him that made in ancient Egypt or someting. Basically, anything that connects you with him.

1 Like

Why don’t you make one?

2 Likes

You can use his original name, DHwty to make his sigil

1 Like

I find that first contact with entities should preferably be done with items and times in sync with them, both to reduce the chance of impostors and help with connection.

The first time I communicated with Thoth was done by consecrating a book to him by drawing his hieroglyphic in a “skeletal” form on the cover, before calling to him under the moon to write down his wisdom and poetry into the book.

In the years that followed I used the book for divination and as a reference for certain workings. Through a mixture of bibliomancy and scrying it would detail solutions, situations, and sometimes entire rituals.

Unfortunately the book has since been missing but I’ve kept in contact with Thoth well enough for it not to matter much.

Basically, little simple workings can have major results in the long run so long as you properly connect and know what you want out of it.

1 Like

Some things you could try are to read Egyptian myths about Thoth, maybe also some Hermetic works and meditate through them. I think your best bet would be the Egyptian book of the dead. If you’re open to Altantaen narratives, “The Emerald Tablets of Thoth the Atlantaen” also.

As the Egyptian god of writing and learning, maybe a book of your personal interests along with a journal for automatic writing.

2 Likes

There’s also a way to summon him in his tablets.

1 Like

forgot to say,you can use even his name in egyptianimage

2 Likes

He also would be the same entity as Theutus (or perhaps that’s his demonic “version”) one of the demons that, personally, fascinated me since seeing their images by Louis Breton… Aside from this, he may subsequently be summoned under that name too, if you want.

2 Likes

Thoth’s Egyptian name was Djehuty (also tahoot) meaning “He Who is Like the Ibis”. The ibis was a sacred bird in ancient Egypt as well as a popular pet and associated with wisdom.
Thoth was usually depicted with the head of an ibis, possibly because the Egyptians saw curve of the ibis’ beak as a symbol of the crescent moon. Sometimes, he was depicted as a baboon holding up a crescent moon, as the baboon was seen as a nocturnal and intelligent creature.

2 Likes

Thank you so much to everyone providing me helpful information . I appreciate you guys . I have a better understanding . I have The Book Of Dead and The Emerald Tablets of Thoth the Atlantaen so I will work with those . I will also look into his other names and mediate on his name in hieroglyphics.

2 Likes

Facts

Welcome @TheLord215. Please post an introduction in the NEW MAGICIAN AND INTRODUCTIONS area, and tell us about yourself and any experience you may have in magick. It is a rule of this forum.