Contacting shem angels outside of a ritualized system

Is this safe? I have heard that you can do this with just a white candle and angels sigil but they may have been talking about archangels. Is this okay to do this or is it better to stick with the ceremonial approach?

1 Like

I haven’t had an issue with this. I’ve never been very good at other peoples rules anyway :slight_smile:

The shem angels, ime are clearly higher beings, they do have rules and a refined understanding, there’s no rain for them to attack you, if that’s what you mean by safe?

But all magick comes with some risk. An entity doesn’t have to attack you to cause significant turmoil in order to meet a request, particularly if the request was for growth, and things have to be removed or broken down to enable change. Be careful what you wish for :slight_smile:

7 Likes

So what have you done exactly and how have you worked with them? I have worked with candle magick in the past and I would like to combine the stuff I’m doing with the GOM and that. Specifically it’s novena candles but I have done some taper and pillar. Novena are the most widely used due to the popularity of hoodoo and santeria where I live so I’ve tried thinking of ways to incorporate the two. The ritual tools not the systems FYI.

I work with them in two ways, either standard evocation, or using shamanic journeying, whichis akin to pathworking, to go visit them, usually in a neutral space like the crossroads, unless I’m invited elsewhere.

I tend to switch to journeying after a first evokation to get their energy signature, so I know who they are.

I have met all of them as part of the 144 wings of the dragon group working I did through Kurtis Joseph’s group.

1 Like

Who are they?

When I first contacted the angels of the Shemhamforash, I just used their traditional seals, which I got from Poke Runyon’s Book of Solomon’s Magic, traced in white light.

2 Likes

Really? What was that like DK?

1 Like

It was interesting. They responded very quickly to it.

2 Likes

I generally get a good vibe from them. They seem very patient and understanding as a groups of spirits go. My biggest issue has always been communication and finding the best way to work with them. I feel like I have made contact but communication doesn’t feel very smooth.

1 Like

I originally contacted them for my version of the 72 Challenge. They seemed intrigued by what I was doing.

I have also used Jereth Tempest’s pathworkings from his book Raziel’s Paths of Power to work with them.

1 Like

72 + 72 = 144

Shem plus Goetic beings.

2 Likes

What’s the 72 challenge?

Ahh makes sense. So are the Shem and Goetic Spirits all connected to the same spirit group?

JCI lore.
The Shemhamphorasch are the 72 “angels” of the JCI god.
The Ars Goetia lists the 72 “demons” of the Lesser Key of Solomon and newer.

I think of these as whitelisted and blacklisted beings, but I don’t care about the religious maneuvering that led to thier categorisation.

The relationship is that the one is supposed to be the equal and balancing entity for the other.

The 144 wings of the dragon working evoked them in complementary pairs for 72 days, taking notes and advice and growing along the way, like a pathworking, and then invoked all 144 at the end. You become the dragon with 144 wings.

2 Likes

The 72 Challenge was originally an undertaking by a member here to evoke the spirits of the Goetia to open aspects of the mind. I decided to include the Shem angels as well in my version.

2 Likes

The same angelic choirs? No.

The Goetia and the Shem angels are pairs of beings, one day, one night, around the wheel of the zodiac, an angel and demon in day or night every decan of the zodiac, I guess each ten degrees, as 72/12 is six. There are 30 degrees per decan/sign.
And as this is the fact, its common for them to have disagreement with others, if you look at each sign aspected with another, such as opposition.

Oh wow… what was that like?

Just like people under the signs do lol. I had a conversation with a guy about who was being patronized by the Demon Avanas (I think) who was instructing him in the occult. He talked about Avanas being really helpful and friendly. So I looked up his correspondences which were in virgo. Coincidently he also had moon in virgo lol. Then what he was saying all suddenly made sense since virgos’ typically enjoy being of service and I don’t see why that would change just because it’s a spirit vs a human.

1 Like

From what I’ve learned angels are extremely responsive a genuine desire and prayer is all you need to contact them.

I’m sure if you close your hands in front of a candle and sing and angels name you’ll make contact.

I’ve been making contact with angels since I was a kid and back then all I knew how to contact them was to pray for their help and I got immediate relief.

2 Likes