Constraining demons with divine words of power

By the way I’m taking about Judeo Christian Islamic god names.

I use Demonic names all the time.
(maybe i should of clairified lol)

This was my post from a while back where I talked about how I viewed the ritual from the GOM book 72 Demons of Magick as a business transaction. In my experiences, the spirits have not found it offensive at all and in fact, I have built a great relationship with each one.

I’ve read different posts about how demons and angels are enemies and they can’t work together and I think “How do you know, were you their court appointed mediator?” Maybe they are, maybe not. I don’t know, you don’t know, none of us really know.

Another one is that it offends the demons. Now it could if you go in there acting like a tough guy, but once again, how do you really know?

Well, common sense says that it does. Maybe, but from what I’ve learned in my short time doing magick is that you can take common sense, throw it out the window, and then close the window because you don’t want it coming back in. Now you do have to be smart, respectful, etc… but what you think works because common sense says it should does not always and things that fly in the face of common sense can sometimes work out very well. It’s all trial and error. Lots of trials, a ton of errors, and maybe at the end of the day, you will learn something.

2 Likes

I am against the idea of using divine names to constrain demons. I own a few books that say demons will reciprocate what you expect from them and how you treat them. Issue is is that I, a beginner who is yet to refine his intuition (or trust it, idk), can’t verify this idea. We are surrounded by various media that re-enforce the cliche “demons are evil” idea. Plus some left hand path books don’t help either. Beginners want to feel safe. So for certain the use of divine names can be necessary for beginners. I still don’t like the idea, though. I don’t like invoking the Christian God’s name or his angels though. I’d rather call on the names of Pagan gods and their servants, but not to threaten or coerce the demons, but to act as a protective measure. It only makes sense humans who aren’t use to working with demons would feel nervous and want to keep them at arms length, and given history, I’d understand demons may feel the same way about us. Hell, we treat other people no different. When you meet a stranger, there are unwritten rules as to how you’re suppose to interact with them until trust is developed. In fact, we have authority figures in various places where people will meet to step in when things get too close for comfort.

Using divine names is unfortunately necessary. The method and intent may vary. If there is a way to use this method to ensure safety, not to enslave, then I’d like to hear it.

1 Like

Actually I’d like to create dialog with a demon as so we can understand each other.

Well. Then THEY will be dinner! Lolol!

1 Like