Confirming Spirited Jewelry

Over the past few years I noticed and incredible increase in the sales of spirited or haunted jewelry over the internet. Along with the increase of sales, there’s been an increase in people claiming they’ve been scammed, even Ebay now bans the sales of haunted objects. While I’m sure there are genuine spirited jewelry, I’m also sure there are fakes out there. Is there a sure-fire way of confirming jewelry or other haunted objects are indeed bound with a spirit eager to help you with the services they were described to provide?

If you buy it before you get to see/handle it? No, you have to take the seller at their word.

That’s very true. One would need to trust the word of the vendor. But once it’s been purchased and the item is in hand, how can it be determined if the jewelry carries a bound spirit matching the description of the services to be provided? There aren’t any books out there that discuss this topic.

You could probably place it in a triangle of manifestation drawn on paper, present some offerings, ask the spirit therein to present itself. Then use a pendulum and see if you get a response.

Thanks! That makes sense.

That’s a good method, the only downside is you have to buy it to see if its a actually been bound. Sadly I haven’t heard of a method to confirm without hands on contact so buyer beware.

You could get a “response” by pendulum even if nothing is there.

You could get a “response” by pendulum even if nothing is there.[/quote]

Agreed with that: Before you commit to buying- perform a divination or evocation. When you are on your way to omniscience, then you will know or feel that the item is right for you.

Pendulum, Tarot, Runes or whatever- question whether the spirited item is going to help you. You do not need to have the item to divine or scry or intelligence gather.

(Beforehand) evoke an entity requesting familiars who will help you with identifying useful enchanted items.
Or
Create an artificial elemental/thoughtform whose mission is to identify enchanted or spirited items.

Then before you go and buy, send the familiar/thoughtform out on a mission to recce the item.

It’s easy, you just contact a spirit you know before hand and have it tell you if anything is actually in there and if it is something that will actually be of use to you.

I’ve been on a few “spirit collecter” forums. If you can’t communicate with entities then why build a collection to begin with…

Yeah that sounds like some kid playing with his dads gun

You could get a “response” by pendulum even if nothing is there.[/quote]

Agreed with that: Before you commit to buying- perform a divination or evocation. When you are on your way to omniscience, then you will know or feel that the item is right for you.

Pendulum, Tarot, Runes or whatever- question whether the spirited item is going to help you. You do not need to have the item to divine or scry or intelligence gather.

(Beforehand) evoke an entity requesting familiars who will help you with identifying useful enchanted items.
Or
Create an artificial elemental/thoughtform whose mission is to identify enchanted or spirited items.

Then before you go and buy, send the familiar/thoughtform out on a mission to recce the item.[/quote]

From what I’ve seen a lot of the “bound items” show a stock photo and say something like “contains a djinn, or fae or spirit of prosperity” the problem with that is without a spirits name or image of the actual item using divination could be off. You’ll be trying to connect with an unknown spirit bound to an unknown item. If you look hard enough you may find something despite if that’s what your looking for.

If you get an actual name such as Demon’s or Angel’s name then yes you could make contact and see if its bound, this is self defeating because if you can summon or evoke a spirit to the point you can communicate why would you not just bind the spirit to an object yourself and save yourself the money.

You don’t need the spirits name.

You can evoke blind…your only limits are set by YOU.

You can target the intention, you can target the possibility and probability.

You are omniscient and omnipotent

Ok, evoke the spirit I’m thinking of right now, just get the name right and I’ll be impressed.

There’s 1 sure fire way as far as I can tell.

Consecrate it with your own ritual, and use your own blood.

The scientist and historian in me likes this, I would go with Eric and challenge James Randi to do the “Become a Living God” programme and do this.

Interesting challenge for anyone that feels the need to impress you, a possible counter challenge they may also do:

Evoke Paralda or Mepsitahl, tell them to communicate with ‘you’ via bones, tarot or the spirit ‘you’ are thinking off. Pass on a pertinent bit of information which ‘you’ don’t know, but they do and the evoker confirms that ‘you’ got it right.

I recall from my youth JH Brennans book- Experimental Magic, referred to using the Ouija board as a Psychic Telephone. This was originally published in the 70s, so it was before mobile phones. Its relevancy is that if you are able to communicate via telepathy to another with an Ouija board, what else can you do? Really those here in this forum can make or will be able to make their own ‘spirited jewellry’, but finding your own way to check could be very useful.

Consecrate it, empower and bind it to yourself however you choose. The scientist/historian/magician in me likes that.

The point wasn’t to impress me, I’m nobody to impress afterall I don’t make claims to omniscience or omnipotence. The point I was making was that those who make such bold claims of ability often don’t deliver. If someone is omniscient as most see the word one would have no problem picking winning lotto numbers but we see here by the many lotto threads its not that simple neither is predicting multiple sporting events. Even with a spirit bound pendulum and board I am not 100% accurate, better than it was but nowhere near close to 100%.

As to your challenge of evocation as verification the same could be said. If a spirit answers truly and its office is to tell of things to come it should be able to make any mage a millionaire, lotto, stock trends, investments etc. but we don’t see that often either. Sure we can talk about “them” who are elite magicians who nobody knows of but that’s just another rumor mill with less verifiable proof than I care to take stock in. Why aren’t the guys teaching others to perform miracles capable of performing the miracles themselves?

One may reach omniscient states where they feel they have come upon deep understanding of everything as they have become everything, but I’ve never experienced for myself or heard of anyone in these states be able to tell you how much change Joe Blow had in his pocket. You may learn a deeper understanding of everything’s relation to one another and but you still wouldn’t know my favorite color.