Concerning the Allfather

I have done a lot of reading about Odin lately regarding his left-handedness. He is an entity whom I have a deep and rewarding connection with and he has taught me a lot. Does anyone here know or work with him? I’m curious about your experiences.

1 Like

I had great experiences with Odin and other Norse deities a few months ago. Odin helped me work on my rune magick and indirectly helped me create a form of norse “magick circle” (quotations there because I have yet to test the thing, but the theory he gave me seems solid enough). I found him to be a friendly entity, kinda like the big jolly old grampa at Christmas parties that everyone loves, yet at the same time I picked up on a destructive aspect too, he definitely wasn’t a push over, and he had the “matured warrior” feel to him. That said, many of the things he told me/showed me appeared to have references in nature, and his energy was very naturalistic (he appeared to me as a large man in brown robes, tending to a plant he was carrying), which would make sense given that the Norse Óðinn grew out of the Germanic God wödoen (forgive spellings…) who was a natural Grove god.

Look up the many names of Odin. He has titles and names given to him for various aspects like :

Aldaföðr, the Father of Men

Báleygr, the Flaming eyed (or shifty eyed)

Biflindi, the Spear shaker

Draugadróttinn, The Lord of the Dead

Faðr galdr, the Father of Magical Songs

Váði vitnis, Foe of the Wolf

ETC…

He’s been around a lot and collects titles and names like we collect stamps or baseball cards.

He always stressed the need for continual learning as knowledge was one of the only things we take with us after we die.

I definitely agree with you Azael. He’s got that Old Nature God/Earth Lord/Battle Born/Elevated Ancestor vibe to him.

Odin Bolverker can be added to that list as well ^^

Translates to Odin Evil worker.

The aspect of Odin I’m most familiarized with is the aspect of the “Dark Wanderer” and when he appears he usually shows up as the famous one eyed man, with a long beard and wide brim hat. Maybe that’s because of my interests and me being myself an outcast. I’ve also worked with him as Bolverk, and yeah that was pretty frightening. He appeared as an old man dressed in furs with glowing red eyes and long sharp fangs. Scary.

I’ve worked with Odhinn also, though he isn’t my ‘main dude’. He’s has quite a history as a left-hand path god. Much of the myths surrounding him are just that, his dealings with the left hand path. He’s always come to me either as as a classic raven or as his classic wide-brimmed hat, one eyed self.

That is so wild, because I recently received a Norse magick circle as well!! :smiley:

I’ve encountered Odin directly thrice. The first time was while I was in bed with a former lover who was a witch, and devotee to Thor. I was looking at her, when suddenly I saw a vision of Odin over her left shoulder. He was looking in her direction, but gazing off into the distance. He didn’t say a word, and there were snow-capped mountains behind him, and he was in a snow flurry, the wind whipped up his beard, and his eye (the one I could see) was slightly closed due to the fury of the snow storm.

Another occasion was when I was on a shamic journey and I was evoking Odin to determine if he wanted me to be a member of his path working. I saw a darkened sky and he was riding Sleipnir, with a mulititude of other dead warrior across the sky, inviting me on the great hunt.

The final time was during another shamic journey a few weeks ago, I encountered him and Thor as they were walking by a stream in the Fiords. They were in discussions, but I don’t honestly remember now what they were talking about. The vision shifted quickly to Egypt where I then encountered Sehkmet.

From all of this, I gather he encourages and has no issues dealing with the rebel left-hand path practitioner.

i rarely ever evoke Odin. i mostly astral travel to his great hall and ask him for advice. in my experience he has never been wrong.

also, in my travels on the astral i’ve done battle alongside him and helped him overtake those that would disrupt the world. Odin is far more than a warrior, he is a great conqueror and master of all arts arcane. having won great glory in battle he gifted me with a sword from his armory. it molded itself to my soul and became a weapon that fit my tastes and style completely. (i call it Resonance)

i get the overwhelming feeling from him that he greatly loves humanity and wishes only that we reach the maximum potential of ourselves. be it in war, art, magical skill and experience…he wants all of us to become what we want to be, whatever that is.

1 Like

[quote=“WiseManEcho, post:9, topic:8446”]i rarely ever evoke Odin. i mostly astral travel to his great hall and ask him for advice. in my experience he has never been wrong.

also, in my travels on the astral i’ve done battle alongside him and helped him overtake those that would disrupt the world. Odin is far more than a warrior, he is a great conqueror and master of all arts arcane. having won great glory in battle he gifted me with a sword from his armory. it molded itself to my soul and became a weapon that fit my tastes and style completely. (i call it Resonance)

i get the overwhelming feeling from him that he greatly loves humanity and wishes only that we reach the maximum potential of ourselves. be it in war, art, magical skill and experience…he wants all of us to become what we want to be, whatever that is.[/quote] This sounds right. Odin has a great love for humanity. Like a grandfather for his grand children.

No, I have always gotten the impression that Odin is very welcoming to all who wish to follow him. But, then again, he is a rebel left-hand path practitioner, so he can’t complain if his followers end up being such, huh? :wink:

I get this strong impression also. Not only that, but I get no judgement from him as to how one reaches that goal. I am sure that He has limits as what he feels is alright (though, I may be wrong about that), but so far, nothing I have been worried about that might cause me guilt has bothered him in the least.

Odin called me to be His 7 months ago. Hes freaking awesome and im learning what i can. I have a very busy family life and its so hard to do everything i want to do with my path with him. I have a family of 9 and two of us are Pagan, one is a Satanist, and the rest Orthodox Christian. So some thinfs have been slow from my perspective. I want to go deep and far with Odin and i am not always sure how to get their. Does anyone have advise?

1 Like

Give him offerings. Create a shrine to him if you can, and pray before his image (statue, picture, etc.) and offer him whatever you can. He’s fond of libations of beer, wine, tobacco, raw meat, cooked food or cooked mushrooms, mead, and especially animal sacrifice.