Complete control

What I want is control over all persons/places/things. I feel that’s the only real intention behind anything I do. Is to make whatever or whomever do what I want.

What are some ways to start gaining control over my life?

What I want is that you properly introduce yourself as stated in the BALG rules

Bran, i have a confession to make…

I never introduced myself.

I bet he’s gonna say: Then do it now. Or… Maybe its bit late, when you joined i dont remember was it on the rules…

Not when you joined its only become a rule in the past few months.

Maybe there is a way to restrict posting until one makes an introductory post and it gets approved by the mods. I’ve seen that on other forums, it keeps out the spammers and keeps newbie questions in the newbie sections and things like that.

Nothing to stop you posting a short intro about how you’re a talented astrologer, thereby leaving all the past stuff where you maybe didn’t come across too well behind! :wink:

Re: the OP, in my opinion you’re very wise to realise you need to learn to control yourself, before you try controlling anyone or anything else.

You might also find that when you are totally centred and in control of yourself, the world and people around you fall into line more easily without you explicitly having to do anything - people take us at our own estimation of ourselves, and if we feel good about who we are and what we’re about, people pick up on that.

I could talk psychology and personal development stuff all day because it’s been a huge help to me, however, to the strictly magickal side, there’s an exercise in The Nine Doors Of Midgard by Edred Thorsson that concentrates on the creation of a “Magickal Self” - and idealised self at the apex of your skills in every way, which, when I did it, helped me bridge the gap between where I was at (or, felt I was at) at that point, and where I ultimately want to be with magick.

I can post some stuff about it if you’re interested? There are plenty of other approaches too but this is the one I used most recently, and also, basic daily meditation and other simple practices will help you begin to understand and then have some control over your mind and reactions, thoughts, etc.

Bran, i have a confession to make…

I never introduced myself.[/quote]

Dani, you were here before the rules. But feel free to do as you please.

Nothing to stop you posting a short intro about how you’re a talented astrologer, thereby leaving all the past stuff where you maybe didn’t come across too well behind! :wink:

Re: the OP, in my opinion you’re very wise to realise you need to learn to control yourself, before you try controlling anyone or anything else.

You might also find that when you are totally centred and in control of yourself, the world and people around you fall into line more easily without you explicitly having to do anything - people take us at our own estimation of ourselves, and if we feel good about who we are and what we’re about, people pick up on that.

I could talk psychology and personal development stuff all day because it’s been a huge help to me, however, to the strictly magickal side, there’s an exercise in The Nine Doors Of Midgard by Edred Thorsson that concentrates on the creation of a “Magickal Self” - and idealised self at the apex of your skills in every way, which, when I did it, helped me bridge the gap between where I was at (or, felt I was at) at that point, and where I ultimately want to be with magick.

I can post some stuff about it if you’re interested? There are plenty of other approaches too but this is the one I used most recently, and also, basic daily meditation and other simple practices will help you begin to understand and then have some control over your mind and reactions, thoughts, etc.[/quote]

I would appreciate if you would post the material you are talking about

Okay, I’m busy right now but I’ll post a summary of it in the next few days along with some related stuff about Personal Daemons and Higher Selves etc., watch this space.