Clint Eastwood lyrics what entity? Lucifer?

Damon Albarn has already said in some interviews that he is into magik, but I wonder about what entity he is referring to in the rap part of clint eastwood.
In the clip when the rap lyrics kick in russel goes in a trance and the spirit starts to rap so is very explicitly but what entity?
I Wil put the parts below.

Finally someone let me out of my cage
Now time for me is nothin’ 'cos I’m counting no age
Now I couldn’t be there now you shouldn’t be scared
I’m good at repairs and I’m under each snare

Intangible (Ah y’all), bet you didn’t think so
I command you to, panoramic view (You)
Look I’ll make it all manageable
Pick and choose, sit and lose
All you different crews
Chicks and dudes, who you think is really kicking tunes

Allow me to make this child like in nature
Rhythm you have it or you don’t
That’s a fallacy, I’m in them
Every spiralling tree, every child of peace
Every cloud I see you see with your eyes

I see destruction and demise
Corruption in the skies
From this fucking enterprise that I’m sucked into your lies
The Russell that is muscles
But percussion he provides

For me I say God, y’all can see me now
'Cos you don’t see with your eye
You perceive with your mind
That’s the end of it
So I’mma stick around with Russ and be a mentor

Bust a few rounds on motherfuckers
Remember what the thought is
I brought all this so you can survive when law is lawless (Right here)
Fearless, sensations that you thought was dead
No squealing, remember that it’s all in your head.

Is it Lucifer???

3 Likes

After doing a not so quick Google search, all I came up with are dozens upon dozens of interpretations of this song’s lyrics. From spiritual freedom, to drug use.

I believe the only true answer can come from the writers of the song…

2 Likes

Months ago I saw Del’s interview about that song on youtube so I remebered it when I saw your post.

Damon Albarn may be into magick but the rap verse was written by guest rapper Del The Funky Homosapien who was asked to do a song with Gorillaz
Stating…
“…asked to help with vocals on what became “Clint Eastwood,” a song written from the perspective of virtual band member Russel, who is being haunted by the memory of a dead friend.”

Anyways that is the official story might be more under the surface. But it’s well known rappers don’t respect other rappers who have ghost writters.

Song I’m most interested about is
Lord Huron - “Meet me in the woods tonight”
That song is “BALG AF” :DD

1 Like

I’m actually a huge Gorillaz fan and @anon85112775 is correct. From the bands “story” perspective, Russell was possessed by the spirit of his friend who was gunned down, and that verse was directly linked to the bands fictitious history.

2 Likes

No, I don’t see anything that connects to any entity expect the music industry in it’s egregoric form. Nothing else in this is specific. I see mostly philosophizing and maybe some wishful thinking, and some regrets.

I think that’s just performance art… Nothing in this look this doesn’t look like any kind of ritual, because the intention is not focused and the working is indirect… the voice is specifically his not a discarnate.

1 Like