Cleansing Before Evocation

Please, as a beginner to evocation and magick, Is there any cleansing we do before any evocation can be done?

1 Like

It may help others to know if you are using a specific system or not. Some systems “require” or suggest certain cleansing beforehand. Others don’t.

5 Likes

I just used Orobas sigil plus blue candle and frankincense.
I practice several weeks ago with his enn without seeing anything.

1 Like

So I want to know if there is different ways of doing things before starting any evocation as a beginner

1 Like

You can do a banishing ritual if you want, but you don’t have to. I’d follow the instructions for whatever book you’re using.

1 Like

Not using any book yet!!

1 Like

Those tend to be very helpful.

1 Like

Read Mike’s evocation guide.

1 Like

Okay

If you mean bathing and physically cleaning the not really imo. It may help psychologically but spirits don’t really care if you’re clean or not. But a dirty ritual space may give the demon a bad impression about you.

Spiritual cleansing is useful depending on the situation. If you have a dedicated working space for ritual and that space is not your bedroom then I recommend cleansing only once by either sprinkling slat water or the traditional LBRP. Then just dismiss the spirits respectfully whenever you perform an evocation. That way the energy in that room will build up and you’ll get faster results and more solid materializations. Also this way you don’t have to do opening ritual Everytime. But I should say that for some more dark and powerful ritual you need to banish afterwards.

1 Like

We have a long Unofficial Tutorials directory you might find interesting, especially this entry, which is an evocation guide by Mike Bee:

https://forum.becomealivinggod.com/t/unofficial-forum-tutorials-directory-beginners-check-this-out/50270/89

3 Likes

I suggest you practice the LBRP before.