Cleaning the universal circle

Mine has a lot of candle wax stains. I tried scratching it off but it still leaves a mark and takes too long. Will washing it screw with the symbols on it or the magic? And will drying it make it shrink?

How do you all clean it?

5 Likes

I would clean it by hand. Machine washing and drying might damage it.

4 Likes

Some stromg tissue & a cool iron should help lift the wax out of the fabric

4 Likes

:roll_eyes: god… i sound like someones mum… i am getting old :expressionless:

8 Likes

You’re kidding? I was giving advice how to clean the coffee stain off a mug the other day to someone LOL …

5 Likes

Just throw the whole mug out and start over :joy:

8 Likes

Would it be disrespectful if I keep using my crusty circle? There are still a lot of stains on it but i scratched some of it off. I don’t have an ironing board, or the knowledge or space to use it, and i can’t exactly ask someone to let me borrow there’s to clean my demon summoning circle.

I want to keep evoking and doing magick things, I’m finally getting results, but i cant keep throwing away 200$ every time my circle gets wax on it, and i don’t want to piss off godlike beings who can easily fuck my existence.

2 Likes

I have the same issue, and I have not dealt with it just yet. I think I am going to try and just take my chances by throwing it into the washing machine gentle cycle by itself with some mild detergent, and warm water to see what the result is. If you don’t want to tumble dry it in the dryer, I guess it can be hung on a cloths line or hung up somewhere to air dry. I’ll let you know what happens with the machine wash result.

2 Likes

They won’t fuck your existence over candle wax, incense dust or even dirt or anything like that. I’ve never had any problems getting good results even if it is messy. Not saying cleaning is a bad idea though
Edit: I assume you’re talking about infernal demons, they don’t look for small reasons to fuck people over so don’t worry.

2 Likes

The circle is printed on canvas, which is pretty sturdy, but I don’t know if the printing of the circle itself would survive a machine wash, which is why I wipe my own circle by hand.

And no, it would not be disrespectful to use your circle with the wax stains on it. As long as the circle itself is still intact, it doesn’t matter. In the rituals demonstrated in EA’s evocation course, EA grinds his UC into the dirt a lot with no issues, and I use mine with no problems even though I melted a small hole in it with an overzealous candle.

4 Likes

I burnt a hole in one to, ended up giving it to a friend but it still worked fine for me when I was using it

3 Likes

:grin: he probably has an unlimited supply of brand new ones tho :thinking:

3 Likes

Good point :joy:

2 Likes

If you really wanna be in the clear follow the advice of the other users. However I must say I’ve washed my circles in the washing machine in 40 degrees Celsius or 104 degrees Fahrenheit.

40 * 1.8 + 32 = 104

It wasn’t damaged at all from what I could determine, if you’ve chargesd it with blood, well you are going to have to recharge it to a degree.

3 Likes

Wondering if anyone else has tried this. I’m moving and really need to clean my universal circle thoroughly before packing it up. Any suggestions since this thread was last active?

I’ve put my circle in the wash and dryer with no problems.

5 Likes

Thanks! That’s good to know.

is it necessary to use candles that are placed on the u.c? what is the reason people place candles on the u.c?

1 Like

It is not necessary. People place candles on the circumference mainly to provide light.

2 Likes

Thanks for these posts. I was asking myself the same question today. It is the only item of fabric that one would not wish to remove blood stains from! :joy: But then again, the blood is only used to activate the circle after purchase. One would assume that the process of washing would not “deactivate” it. :thinking:

2 Likes