Cigarettes

I have heard Azazel can take addictions away. I’ll be speaking with him soon and intend to bring this up myself.

As far as the protective thing goes, it sort of makes sense - fire and smoke. I have used this several times in practice.

I think that alcohol, tobacco and many other things have valid use in ritual. But as vices, they do not serve us and need to be removed from daily life.

5 Likes

There is an angel in Kingdoms of Flame that is also able to free someone from addictions.

3 Likes

Baal is said to do the same.

3 Likes

Absolutely, brother. And it does not help anything to be huffing Mars energy 20 times a day either.

4 Likes

I tried to quit and I thought I could handle cigarillos but I’m back on the tit.

3 Likes

Well, cigarettes are my last vice besides the internet.

5 Likes

I used to smoke cigarettes: Dunhill International, the same ones John Lennon smoked (not that I knew that at the time). Smoked cigarettes for years. I gave up because pipe smoking is less expensive, packs more nicotine and to get the very best from pipe smoking you don’t inhale (much). Started smoking about 36-37 years ago. My only regret is that I didn’t start earlier.

Currently I smoke a pipe, use oral tobacco and nasal snuff – although not all at once. Tobacco is like my American Express card, I never leave home without it. To me it’s a sacrament. Life wouldn’t be worth living without it. I could survive without caffeine, but not without the goddess Nicotiana.

If you research tobacco consumption (at least in the western world) 1980 was the year more tobacco was sold and I can only assume used. Since then tobacco usage has declined year after year. During the same time period cancers, including lung cancers, have risen. Currently the group with the biggest increase in lung cancer is the same group with the biggest increase from a hundred years ago – women who don’t use and never have used tobacco.

Emphysema is a genetic condition. If you have the genes it’s best not to smoke, just like if diabetes runs in your family it’s best not to indulge in a lot of sugar. Lung cancer doesn’t concern me as, after stomach cancer, it’s the second fastest to cure by yourself in the comfort of your own home. I use a dangerous, ‘industrial strength bleach’, according to Wikipedia.

Crowley was a heroin addict and great Magician. Tobacco is one of very few drugs which works as a stimulant (in small doses) and a depressant (in larger doses). I love both aspects. I need time to think and a tobacco pipe is the thinking man’s tool. I say this because unfortunately very few women smoke pipes – although I knew one and once saw another.

If I’m doing negative Magick – like a curse – all I need do is stay away from tobacco for a few hours and I’m ready to kill. ‘You talking to me?’ The deep hatred and primordial anger just wells up so I can get to where I need to be fast. Afterwards I have a smoke and instantly I’m OK, but obviously weaker from the energy I’ve directed. I remember first using the technique in about the mid-1990s to give someone I knew cancer.

Magickally I can’t say it’s had a negative impact but I really wouldn’t know as I’m a user. I organically grow, slow cure, gently ferment and naturally flavour my own tobacco. It’s not as good as purchased tobacco but it honestly isn’t that bad. I’ve also received good reviews.

If you love nicotine but want to give up smoking, I’ve had some of my most righteous nicotine experiences using nasal snuff and with snuff a little goes a long way because the blood in your nose transports the absorbed nicotine straight to your brain. It’s blissful! And there’s so many flavours – from bubblegum to cheese and bacon.

I gave up meat eating for ethical (and to a lesser extent health) reasons so life is hard enough without having to give up nicotine. As a second-class human being I love hearing the news about fit and healthy sporting heroes dying earlier than my current age. I rejoice in their heart attacks and cancers while I peacefully take a pipe. Those people are the most able bodied corpses in the morgue. Might be all car exhaust they take in as I watch them running through the traffic at lunchtimes.

Al.

12 Likes

Awesome! Thanks a lot for sharing your experience @Uncle-Al! :smiley::raised_hands:

If anyone is interested I recommend any snuff by Toque Snuff, particularly their ‘Coke’ and ‘Cheese & Bacon’. They also produce a Rustica snuff which is high powered. Fribourg & Treyer ‘Old Paris’ is flavoured with Arrack (fermented date) and is an old fashioned masterpiece. If using snuff, get yourself a snuffbox. The cheap plastic ones are airtight and the best.

As for oral tobacco and cancer, back in the 1990s an American report found that for every thousand oral tobacco users (if I remember correctly) 36 developed mouth and/or neck cancer. On the basis of this report the Australian government banned what was the very small oral tobacco market in Australia. A few pages further on in that report it was also found that out of every one thousand non-users of tobacco 36 went on to develop mouth and/or neck cancer.

Nicotine also has a number of health benefits which you can find if you’re interested.

Al.

4 Likes

As far as I know there is no magic bullet that will instantly wipe the slate clean and leave you feeling exactly like how you were before you started the addiction. Spirits can help alleviate cravings and possibly even the physical withdrawal from nicotine, but you still have to take an active role in quitting. All I can say is that you have to ultimately want to quit (and stay quit!) more than you want to continue smoking.

Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I’ve done it thousands of times.
–Mark Twain

Do not bite at the bait of pleasure, till you know there is no hook beneath it.
–Thomas Jefferson

4 Likes

Thats why I vape. I just rather vape bc you get the same satisfactions and you have tons if flavors to choose from. I can actually breath when I run (and fuck), plus you dont smell.

5 Likes

first time i invoked Tiamat, first thing she did was give me a loving little push to quit smoking…

…by infecting my throat and tonsils with a fucking hellishly painful version of the virus that killed the dinosaurs lol

what he said^ :+1:

(the only conceivable pro, among the oceanic cess pit of cons, of smoking is that it slightly boosts your mental health… at the cost of turning your lungs into sickly pitch repositories, fucking up all kinds of shit in your body)

7 Likes

My great grandmother did snuff. I don’t know why but the taste and smell of yerba mate tea reminds me of her and her snuff cup, but in a pleasant non-gross way; my brain is full of crossed wires. She lived to be 89 and never had any cancers. My husband dips and I worry a little. I make him do mouth checks for white spots. It’s weird how it works, but I never started so I have no need to start now. I’m already addicted to caffeine. One addiction is enough.

4 Likes

Good discussion here. I think fasting helps for a better spiritual connection. I usually fast one month a year.
Beside of that I smoke sigars more because it gives me a little my time (helps with stress) and sometimes with a drink.
I enjoy. When it becomes an addiction and yes I know what that Is to, than it’s time to stop.

4 Likes

That explains the “drunk author/artist” stereotype.:wink:

2 Likes

Some mexican spells use smoking to call. Honor spidts such juans. Demons etc its a spell call the cigarro para desperrarlo. Like cigarret spell to desperer a person to come 2 u. Even santa muerte has 1 too

2 Likes

Lol … that was hilarious…

1 Like

Wait… You can sacrifice your addictions…?!:exploding_head:

3 Likes

Feels great. Since I got a good vaper, I can stand with smokers without having the need for a cigarette.

And you can use it as an excuse to touch a girls lips. Just take a good breath of damp and slowly breath it out into her mouth.

5 Likes

Belial specifically appreciates the sacrifice of something you enjoy; it’s not so much the thing itself as the pain you feel giving it up. I’ve seen a few accounts of other people giving up smoking for/by him too.

7 Likes