Christmas Bones

Greetings all. So I’m curious, does anybody collect the bones from the turkey (or whatever animal consumed) from a Chrstmas, Thanksgiving or other meal of significance? And what do you do with them?
I feel they have potential as a fetish items. I’m mostly looking for ideas because I collected some fine bones from my Christmas turkey and I’m not entirely sure as to what I want to do with them. I couldn’t let them go to waste.
Anyways thanks for taking the time to read this :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Clean all of the meat and flesh off of them. You could use them in spells or in necromancy. If you leave the meat on them, they may begin to rot and stink.

1 Like

@FraterMagni I was thinking about doing some necromantic work with them, though if I were to do so, would I only be able to work with the spirit of the Turkey? I figured bone is bone so they could be used to tap into the death current in general. I have an altar for the dead so I might incorporate them into that. I’m not sure yet.

Also made sure to clean them. I soaked them for about 2 days in a shallow bath of clorox even though I read you shouldn’t use bleach. Learned that after the fact. They turned out nicely though, a nice chalky white. And they smell like they just came out of a swimming pool! Though hopefully that smell goes away.

Yeah I’ve learned to not soak them in bleach for two long the hard way but boy does it clean them. Any bone can be used as a connection to a spirit of death because it contains death energy. I use a coyote skull to channel spirits of dead humans all the time so it doesn’t necessarily have to be a human bone, although that could increase its potency. But it could also land ya in prison :frowning:

1 Like

@FraterMagni I’m assuming if left in bleach too long the bone will just dissolve? Because I like how clean they got by using it.
Very interesting, and cool, that you use a coyote skull. In one of my “spirt vessels” I have a tiny bird skull and wasn’t sure if that was copacetic with the human spirits or not.
Eventually I would like to obtain human bones, especially a skull, through legal means of course :skull:

2 Likes

We have a tradition where we take the wishbone each takes a side and pulls it apart. I think it’s who gets the shorter end gets to make a wish.

I haven’t done it in several years though.

I would you could use the bones for all kinds of magick.

1 Like

Same in my family, except the person who gets the longer end gets their wish! :smiley:

3 Likes

I think it might be here too it’s been so long since I’ve done it …my memory may be off! :laughing:

1 Like

I don’t think they dissolve, they just get very dry and brittle. After time all bones do. They get very “dusty” and it’s kind of gross. If you find a dead animal and dont want to clean it just bury it or leave it outside. bugs and the sun will clean the bones. If it has feathers they will remain and you will have to figure it out.

I have so many animal bones, dead spiders and flies, 2 human femurs, a human jaw from the catacombs, a complete human spine, a complete human skull, some teeth, cemetery dirt from Paris, extremely long mausoleum candles that are at least 100 years old… idk why I collect all this shit because I have NO idea what to do with it.
I do tarot readings for the deceased without using bones, without a problem.
I collect them because I know I will find a use but I’m still searching. If anyone has any info please let me know.

4 Likes

Buné is a good spirit to ask about this, if you do a search for her name + “parent” in my posts you’ll find my experiences with her, she’s amazing. :thumbsup:

2 Likes

Way jealous. I bet the collective energy of those objects is immense!

2 Likes

Ant hills also do wonders.

1 Like

So one of the leg bones that I aquired from the turkey actually works quite nicely as a drumstick (:joy:) for my little tambourine that I use as a shamanicesque drum. Would be good to use for necromantic works that use drumming for trance states or summoning.

3 Likes

It is! And I am very proud of my collection. The candles especially have such a deep energy, they remind me of an old book if that makes sense. I just know nothing about necromancy.

@fgcb You should be. And that totally makes sense, antique energy! You might consider putting together an altar for the the dead with all those wonderful items, so all that death energy is in a single, concentrated location that you can go to do necromantic works. Would also be a good place for honoring your ancestors and working with them.