Christian god

Why do so many people worship the god of Christianity. There god is not all powerful or all knowing or all present he did not create angels he didn’t create man he did not create the physical plane and so on.

And the god Christianity his heaven doesn’t even reside In the supreme god plane of existence where all things are created. His heaven resides in the astral plane where all other heavens and hells are.

Do Christians not know that there are other entities and deities that way more powerful than their god.

What do you guys think

5 Likes

Orchestrated ignorance,propaganda, demonizing other religions and gods, political agendas and the like are kinda par for the course with Catholicism and Christianity and all the denominations there of.

9 Likes

Which god/s did?

The Christian god is a paradox.

Judaism has some sense when it comes to deity, at least they just describe Yahweh as the infinite cause of all existence and pretty much leave it at that. As Peter J. Carroll said, Chaos can also be known as God or Dao (Tao), but it brings with those names an anthropomorphic view. I pretty much agree with that point.

6 Likes

Citations are needed for this question/ argument

2 Likes

Its weird because in the bible it says how yahweh is a jealous god. That he wants no other gods to be worshipped but him. If he is the most powerful why would he get jealous of other gods. Christians say there are no other gods but why would he even mention this if there werent other gods.

I like the belief that Yahweh if he even exists is a demiurge made of negitivity and self centeredness.

7 Likes

Funny thing is if you look into the language, Elohim refers to a pantheon of gods not a god. Things like this pop up the more you dig into the language and history of things

8 Likes

The Jewish god is the same god as the Christian god. Same with the Muslim god… I find it annoying when people don’t realize that.

5 Likes

For many reasons.
Mostly tradition, acceptance, fear of being sent to hell, superstitions, having a good luck, being protected, receiving help from God or saints, etc. Usually, it’s a very strong drive.

1 Like

Two words: Theological Evolution. Look up Open Theism, it’s a Christian doctrine that attempts to understand God as he is portayed in the Scriptures, not as he is portayed historically by the Church.

The earliest parts of the Bible do say that Yahweh is strong, Yahweh says to Abraham, “Is anything too difficult for Yahweh?” (side note: this is one of the many verses in the Hebrew Scriptures that seem to imply that there exist two powers in heaven named Yahweh, as Yahweh should say, “Is anything too difficult for me?”)

But, later we see that while Yahweh certainly has a vast array of powers but some things certainly are too difficult for Yahweh.

Judges 1:19, “And [Yahweh] was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.”

God did not know all things, he certainly had an affinity for telling the future but he certainly did not know all.

Genesis 18:20-21, “20 And the [Yahweh] said, ‘The outcry of Sodom and Gomorrah is indeed great, and their sin is exceedingly grave. 21 I will go down now, and see if they have done entirely according to its outcry, which has come to Me; and if not, I will know.’”

Why would Yahweh need to go and see if the prayers people are telling to him are true or not? If he knows all, shouldn’t he know this?

And Yahweh even controlled people against their will and if the Christian Church is right about hell, damned them himself.

Exodus 11:10, “10 Moses and Aaron performed all these wonders before Pharaoh; yet [Yahweh] hardened Pharaoh’s heart, and he did not let the sons of Israel go out of his land.”

Deuteronomy 2:30, “30 But Sihon king of Heshbon was not willing for us to pass through his land; for [Yahweh] your [Eloheim] hardened his spirit and made his heart obstinate, in order to deliver him into your hand, as he is today.”

1 Samuel 16:14, “14 Now the Spirit of [Yahweh] departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from [Yahweh] terrorized him.”

And my personal favorite:

1 Kings 22:19-23, “19 Micaiah said, ‘Therefore, hear the word of [Yahweh]. I saw [Yahweh] sitting on His throne, and all the host of heaven standing by Him on His right and on His left. 20 [Yahweh] said, “Who will entice Ahab to go up and fall at Ramoth-gilead?” And one said this while another said that. 21 Then a spirit came forward and stood before [Yahweh] and said, “I will entice him.” 22 [Yahweh] said to him, “How?” And he said, “I will go out and be a deceiving spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.” Then He said, “You are to entice him and also prevail. Go and do so.” 23 Now therefore, behold, [Yahweh] has put a deceiving spirit in the mouth of all these your prophets; and [Yahweh] has proclaimed disaster against you.’”

I honestly recommend everyone to read 1 Kings 22 It’s really funny.

But, there were certainly other gods. That Israel worshipped such as Baal, Asherah, El, and others. But, because of Israel’s marriage covenant with Yahweh, these relationships with other gods were certainly worthy of Yahweh’s jealous rage.

Later, during the Babylonian Exile, Judaism was syncretized with Zoroastrianism. And Yahweh lost his negative traits. And the other gods lost their existence, as Zoroastrianism was monotheistic and now so was Judaism.

Christianity is the result of the syncretism between Judaism and Zoroastrianism, there are many things Jesus says that implies that he’s a Pharisee, and the Pharisees were descendants of the Farsis, who are adherents of Zoroastrian, indeed it is the Pharisees that have evolved into modern day Rabbinic Judaism.

As time passed, the Church began to view the Hebrew Yahweh through a Greek lens, even going so far as to say that within the writings of Plato, Socrates, and Aristotle lay the “seeds of the gospel”

And so, it is through this syncretic union between Hebrew and Greek thought by the early Fathers of the Church, that we came up with ideas such as omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent, omnibenevolent, etc., etc.

13 Likes

Consider this. The Judeo Christian god is a conglomerate of the Canaanite El and the Midianite YHWH. Over millenia, this thought form / god form has been fed by worship, sacrifice, prayer and devotion until now it is acknowledged by a vast proportion of the worlds population. Christianity alone has 2.2 billion adherents, Islam has 1.6 billion adherents, Judaism has 14 million. In total this is 3.814 billion people. The current global population is 7.6 billion. Thus 50.184% of the global population are currently feeding this god form. My point is that no other entity or godform has received this much energy in human history. Given the sheer amount of sustenance this entity has had over its history; it must be the biggest, fattest, most powerful god form that has ever existed. If it is not omniscient, omnipotent and omnipresent by a prexisting ontology, it might as well be given the sheer amount of energy that it has consumed through the centuries and continues to consume. No other entity can compete with that in the competion for human resources.

6 Likes

Be that as it may be, if you redirect your spiritual resources away from that godform, for all intents and purposes it will no longer have power in your own life.

3 Likes

They choose to emphasize different aspects of said god though.

1 Like

Christianity im Christian and… I saw much priests who got luxury cars thats why human evolution stops becourse Christianity if you will evoke extraterrestrials they use telepathy to communicate why we don’t ? Becourse its demonish oh my ,God" I will go to hell oh my … that how churches works demons are Bad no other gods, we need to pray no evolution no why? Satan that is the answer, christianity… why you can’t meditate? Demons will get you OH MY God I can’t meditate I will burn at hell oh Jesus forgive me … Christianity … you will not give money to poor but in church ? Why not 5$ 10$ 50$ x 400 people NICE MONEY maybe a painting just 400$ oh and now I got for new car Christianity… EVOCATE SATAN AND JESUS they will fight ? No I don’t think so go to church and tell them why they are so stupid ? You saw how much Christianity churches got occult signs? Okay now I will sell a jar with wind from Pope who will buy it ? Just kidding ye someone will tell me you are stupid and layzy you attack your own faith MY FAITH? I just dont remember when I accepted it oh sorry I couldn’t talk when I accepted Christianity I have no choice , btw when I see a priest last time hmm 1 week ago just someone stoled from him 2 millions PLN and his age was 32 years nice how he get money ? People gave him for the Lord name … vatican nice businesses if I would be able to call pope and tell about all these “fake” rich priest he would tell “oh righ but what I can do?” My faith is a KING BELIAL and other Demons why? Tell me why to heaven are stairs but for hell highway now you see…in hell they got highway on heaven they use stairs bad for those who love cars, for one reason I’m happy brothers good for us that other weird religions exist becourse when all people would use magic then how it would work ? I waking up and taking a shield +10 defense for magic damage… so much fantasy games I wish you everyone good night in my country is night and sorry for my English I just writed all my thinks from my head Poland here.

2 Likes

The 2000 years dead Jewish guy said that ‘you can judge a tree by its fruits’. Enough said!

Al.

2 Likes

I love well and full made comments in these types of threads

3 Likes

They do know except they taught (lied to) that those other entities and deities are demons and Devils. Through those lies is how he gets his power through there prayers as well as the ritual blood sacrifices of war.

3 Likes

Could it be that the other G/gods were/are the “us” as in Genesis “Let us go down and make man”?

3 Likes

What Warlock said :+1:

1 Like

It’s a religion that tends to push people in miserable situations to accept it and their situations without making an external effort to better themselves.

The branch of Protestantism I was raised into consisted of a small dedicated core of adherents and then…there was everyone else. The ones who didn’t have a clue about the religion, the origins, the dogma. They just came to have a weekly club to feel good about and perhaps reinforce a bit of inoculated morality. It was the same when I went to a religious liberal arts university and had the most eye opening experience ever. There are different brands of the religion…thousands. Particularly in the undeveloped world. It gets assimilated into the local belief structure and they both change.

The real benefit of church for most of the population is community. It’s not as though knowledge of the actual religion gaining ground among the educated or skeptics or scientists, particularly in the developed world.

Demographics of Christianity
Christianity is the world’s largest religion, comprising a third of the global population with some 2.3 billion adherents. It is the predominant religion in Europe, the Americas, Sub-Saharan Africa, and Australia. While the rise of secularism in recent decades has led to a drop in Christian numbers in the developed world, particularly Europe, growth in the developing world has outweighed these losses. Roman Catholics account for over half of all Christians worldwide, and the Roman Catholic Church is the dominant form of Christianity in Latin America, Western and Central Europe, and most of Central Africa. It is also the majority religion in the Philippines. Protestantism has about 600 million believers and is the main branch of Christianity in northern Europe, North America, and southern Africa. Eastern Orthodoxy is practiced by around 300 million adherents, dominating the religious landscape of eastern Europe, the Balkans, and Russia.

Italics are mine.
https://berkleycenter.georgetown.edu/essays/demographics-of-christianity

Educated or financially better off people don’t really need it. They need the kind of community benefits it brings. And there are a lot. I can’t imagine how much emotional benefit people derive from having a mass of people that love (are emotionally invested in) you praying for you when your shit hits the fan. That alone is huge. Or having the Mormons bring a pile of diapers to a poor family outside their faith.

Who gives a rat’s ass about the dogma when the social interactions between Joe Schmoe believers is so valued, you can be a rockstar in your church and any more there are so many lovely non-denominational churches springing up that No one quite understands what their beliefs are. Or why. They’re lucky if they know what the ten commandments are let alone can recite them in order.

They go for the style, the kind preaching, the kind of music, the kind of emotional release they need. What do you do when something mindblowingly awesome happens and you want to tell the fucking world? You tell your church family. That’s a wonderful feeling having an an entire congregation applauding your success, or upg, or healing.

Besides, that, if you find a genuinely helpful group (regardless their motives) they will give time, money, material resources, affection, gratitude. I met a poor single mother once staying in a hotel paid for by a church that she’d attended when she lost her job after her 3rd out-of-wedlock child. She was a mess. Think about how good all of the people donating felt about helping some pathetic human for only a fraction of the cost?! And she gave them emotional reassurance and buckets of gratitude publicly.

Anyway, my point is that humans are social. As is proven by those of us who, through choice, are more unusual socially, and can burrow around online and display a facet of ourselves to others that can rejoice with us, advise us, encourage us?

Christianity is a ton of work to believe the passages. The amount of mental gymnastics it takes to understand it and believe it is incredible because every single allegory, symbol, moral lesson must be taken literally. And the history is too public now among the computer wielding portion of us. Nowadays, how many people are going to slog through a treatise that isn’t filled with emoticons, video links, memes, and slogans?

It seems like a waste of time quibbling about the finer details of something no one believes in the first place. I certainly wouldn’t waste time reading their scriptures. After all the study I have done (for me, time I could have spent doing a million more interesting things), I wouldn’t have done it had I known. Nor would I recommend the practice to anyone without making sure that they understood its an allegorical literary compilation. Every piece is under scrutiny by someone with a vested interest in pushing their perspective, but really, it’s a waste of time debating it among people who disagree with the salient points of the doctrine in the first place.

It makes no difference to me what year the Nicene creed was adopted because Christians are just dead useful. (Besides few of them care anyhow.)

Infiltrating for the sake of delicious potluck food allows for one on one conversations where you can idly wonder about things to pique the doubts of congregants while the children run around like hooligans under the care of the free babysitter. With a strong enough bullshit defense psychologically, emotionally, and spiritually I greatly enjoy the company of Christians. It’s the one time a week where a true asshole can do one pleasant thing and get applause, …and that is just funny. And so many of them are trying things like reflexology, crystal healing, that it’s fun to drop in a question about astrology vs astronomy.

Besides, churches are a good place to practice blessing and cursing, vampirism, healing…manipulation. It’s just fun. Because, well…social. And that is the whole point of why they don’t mind worshipping their god.

4 Likes