Check this out!

This took about 8+ hours to make, not mentioning all the trial and error that went along with it but I got a system down on how to do this now.

The reason why I don’t have the symbols on it yet is because I’m going to paint them on in red along with all the other detail work on the talisman. The background is going to be black also.

Here’s another pic.

Lookin good man!
Please do share the final outcome of this product with us!
I wish I had the artistic ability to do these sort of crafts but unfortunately my art skills are that of a 2 year old lol.

Good work!

Very nice <3

May I ask what you’re making it from?

Lemme tell ya, doing this from scratch isn’t easy. I had to make the mold by hand out of soapstone and evenly pour tin/pewter in it so the impressions would stick out of it. Afterwards I spent like four hours grinding on it with sandpaper and an engraver to get the effect I wanted on it.

When I make one that I’m 100 percent happy with, I’m going to make a master’s mold out of it so I don’t have to spend so much time sanding it.

I should’ve started with a regular spirit sigil because it would of been easier to do but I’m glad I did this because it was definitely a learning experience.

It was hard to tell from the pics if it was metal or polymer clay

Very nice

Wish I was brave enough to work with metal like that… The closest I’ll get is metal-clay (the clay compound burns off when it’s fired in the kiln, leaving just the metal behind)
It’s rly expensive and not much variety of metals
T^T

I tried to use polymer clay for my first mold. I couldn’t manipulate it the way it needed to be for the fine detail so I decided to use soapstone for the mold.

In the near future I plan on buying delft clay for my future projects because it’s easy to manipulate for fine detail and is reusable.

That is some awesome work c.j.

I am in the middle of making one myself from polymer clay. I applied silver foil and a coat of liquid glass/gloss over the weekend but it will need another coat and it takes like three days to fully dry. I will get a few up in the next few days.

And yeah, I wasn’t brave enough to use metal either, but a real silver leaf coating makes for the illusion of solid silver :slight_smile:

I’ve never had any luck with leafing (T-T)

If you can find/afford it (it’s worth the price IMHO), what I like to use is PMC (precious metal clay)
I’ve only used the fine silver so far
There’s not much of a working time, but you just add a bit of water to reactivate it
It’s really best to use with a mold

I need to get a few more pieces for my kiln so I can use the bronze and copper
They also sell laboratory-grown gems that can be fired right into the pieces and sometimes have really nice deals (buy so much $ worth and receive free set of gems) …Unfortunately the ones I received (diamonds I think) went missing when a new nurse came through to help with mother’s mom
Don’t you just love humans?

[quote=“c.j. lee, post:5, topic:4120”]Lemme tell ya, doing this from scratch isn’t easy. I had to make the mold by hand out of soapstone and evenly pour tin/pewter in it so the impressions would stick out of it. Afterwards I spent like four hours grinding on it with sandpaper and an engraver to get the effect I wanted on it.

When I make one that I’m 100 percent happy with, I’m going to make a master’s mold out of it so I don’t have to spend so much time sanding it.

I should’ve started with a regular spirit sigil because it would of been easier to do but I’m glad I did this because it was definitely a learning experience.[/quote]

This is just so cool! I’m really inspired now to start experimenting with making sigils from modelling clay, I’m quite good at crafts but I’ve never tried anything that ambitious with a sigil.

My first one finished from the master’s mold. I still haven’t painted them but this is a million times better compared to the first one I made.

here’s the lot of them, they haven’t been sanded though.

*On a funny note, I thought my smelter was going to explode molten tin all over me when I mixed consecrated blood in with the pewter.

These are coming along nicely.

I wanted to get the feel for making something as complex as this talisman. I know for a fact now, that I can make some badass sigils with my smelter.

So these are ceramic?! What do you intend to do with all those left over talismans? Hook Illustrious up with one? … =D…

I hope this isn’t too dumb a question lol but what is that particular talisman for/what does it do?

It’s the Seal of the Sorcerer from KoF and they are made from lead free pewter.

I don’t know if I’ll let any of them go as of yet. I plan on consecrating these during the Blood Moon next week.