Chatbox for BALG Forums?

I think it would be a good idea. Anybody agrees? I can say more reasons if asked to do so.

3 Likes

Mabey even thou I’m not sure how that work as people like me only jump on now and than read more than type lol

Define chat box?

I get the impression of an open messenger like program.
I don’t particularly find that interesting since it would lag up my phone when I want to read posts not 100 people tying “what’s up”.

I like the fact you have to look and read here honestly. A chat box would make it too much like FB or another social media which would bring all the stupid with it.

3 Likes

Yeah, I like the way the forum is. I’d rather there not be any chat box or “friending” or games.

Though I’m sure if someone took the time to make social media for Occultists kinda like Paganspace did for Pagans there would be quite a few people interested in joining.

4 Likes

Chat box would look like this. A built in chat box for the forums.

1 Like

i was once on two esoteric forums that have chatbox- and most users spend most of the time to chat each other. This forum is much bigger, so i agree with Alita- i to don’t want to read post of 100 peoples that say “Hi” in the same time. I like it how it is.

1 Like

Mmm makes sense. I just wanted to innovate a feature in BALG, and I thought people would be interested… I guess not…

1 Like

It’s not bad to innovate :slight_smile:
In this case I’ve seen it done and completely take over the forum or become unused and in the way so it just seems unpredictable to me.

It is never bad to ask and suggest ideas :slight_smile: And so far a small part of forum members has spoken, sooo… debate is not closed.

2 Likes

Discord channel?

3 Likes

I like your idea. Why not, some members will use it, some wont, but that’s okay.

1 Like

I like this idea more however they would need to find moderators, it wouldn’t be fair to make Lady Eva mod that as well as the forum :wink:

1 Like

There’s enough chat threads already - you ask a question and it becomes a chat thread.

People will ask, or chat rather than use search, so that when you do use search you end up with loads of chat threads.

There’s also the matter of resources and storage, and perception - there’s enough here who think it’s a cross between Harry Potter, My Little Pony, Tinder/Grindr and a site for gamers.

Anyway doesn’t look like anything’s changed…

2 Likes

I still want a forum games section :cry::cry::cry:

Im indifferent about chat, its cool and all but vulnerable to trolls