Changing the outcomes of divinations, is it possible or not really?

Yes! Just shift reality!

My understanding is that we are in the reality we vibrate like and there is other realities where we took different steps but it’s still us. The Tarot shows you where you at and where this reality is going. If you don’t like where it’s going then take different steps and you shift to another reality, while another version of you continue that one!

Tarot gives you a heads up! You make your own fate!
It’s easier when it’s something inside you or choices you can fix, and it’s more difficult if it’s something global that affects multiple realities…

5 Likes

Awesome @MiKu thanks for sharing that.

1 Like

Interesting, I was writing a thread about divinations when this one came up.
The whole point of divinations is to know and change the outcomes if a person wants to do it.

The future is fluid and not linear. The only thing that is inevitable is death… maybe.

3 Likes

Basically youre trying to violate the entire purpose of divination, and have it your way.
Even if you take a different course of action, if you have not followed the cards, then the outcome is a moot point anyway.
Divining by clouds, well, if we can influence weather, then we can influence your outcome. Ditto with planets. Ditto with zodiac signs.
I dont know geomancy, i-ching, or horary astrology well enough to comment on those.

1 Like

Now if you can scry into cause effect chains, you might have a shot.

1 Like

I asked from a geomancer adept and he said it depends… If geomancy chart shows that a project fails usually it shows the way of solve that problem (then I think personally that we can change the outcome)
With respect to @Dankquanicus I just said his view and my understanding

4 Likes

Yes I believe they were referring to the Part of Fortune. John Michael Greer says the Part of Fortune shows where the querent will find help or benefit in any situation, which can then be interpreted as it showing how to make a negative outcome more fortunate.

However, this is not quite traditionally what the Part of Fortune is used for. The Part of Fortune comes from traditional astrology, and represents the health of the individual (both in body and spirit), and things such as income in a Natal chart. So, Master Christopher Cattan (16th Century Master Geomancer) teaches how to calculate the Part of Fortune in a Geomancy chart in his ‘The Geomancy of Master Christopher Cattan’ Bk. III, Pg. 219.

Here, Cattan recounts when his Lord wanted to purchase a horse and asked Cattan to cast him a chart for whether or he should purchase the horse. Cattan here uses the Part of Fortune to further judge the health of the horse, and since it fell into the 12th House with a negative figure, judged that the horse had an injury in one of its feet, and so was worthless to buy, and it was so.

So, in my experience, I have found little use of the Part of Fortune in a reading with the former meaning assigned to it, in which the reading is to determine a future event, because either the querent doesn’t follow the advice, and the outcome does not change, or it is the cause of the outcome predicted.

Otherwise, I’ve also seen it in charts that the Part of Forture refers to an event which happens inevitably or regardless of the actions of the querent. But, the Part of Fortune is no doubt useful in readings on whether or not something should be done or on the state of something.

In any case, it’s one thing to theorize simply because the chart suggests something, but we must look at whether or not it actually happens. I’ve seen some theorize that the outcome a reading can change simply because the second time they did a reading they got a different answer. But we want to see if something is actually done, and the outcome truly changed from the first reading, and how frequently this occurs.

3 Likes